KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 59 of over 60 reviews

4.3
Lunchbox Technologies CEO Nabeel Alamgar
Nabeel Alamgar
Pros
  • "Lunchbox is doing a lot of exciting things disrupting the industry(in 8 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is strongly encouraged and attainable(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours (sometimes, less and less)(in 5 reviews)

• "The company is growing, so the traditional growing pains that are associated with a start-up company come along with it(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Parent Or Caregiver

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lunchbox Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Like night and day

Dec 6, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company and team culture is on another level. Authenticity and transparency are abound. Diversity and inclusion are a serious focus. Company growth is unreal. Opportunities to be recognized, collaborate, and showcase results are plentiful. Comp is very competitive and benefits are far above average for a startup. Lots of flexibility and a strong sense of (and support for) putting yourself and your family before work. Feedback is invited at all levels, training and development is constantly ongoing, and everyone can level-up here.

Cons

The pace can be really frantic and growth is outpacing our resources. While that's really exciting, it also means systems and processes are not defined or are being revised frequently.

Director, Culture and Engagement

Thank you for your feedback, we are so happy to hear that you enjoy working at Lunchbox! We will certainly review your suggestion with leadership and encourage them to continue digging into help resolve roadblocks.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast Paced, lot of Change, tons of upside and opportunties for growth

Dec 1, 2021 - Mid Market Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Growing fast - get onboard -Awesome/Trustworthy management- specifically in sales. -Early-stage startup- lots of room for growth and new opportunities -Great coaching from leadership and sales ops to help salespeople learn and become better sellers -Access to tools like Sales Navigator, Gong, Zoom, Lessonly to streamline processes and learn as soon as you start -Unlimited PTO and generous holidays -Great pay - especially if you hit your numbers -A top-notch product to sell that can actually help our customers tremendously. It's a product that I feel good at the end of the day selling.

Cons

-This is a pro and con- the only thing consistent is change. If you aren't good with rolling with the punches, this company (like most startups) wouldn't be a good fit for you. -Typical Series A company with growing pains -Top-notch but potentially niche product. Trying to explain to customers in a sentence what we do can be confusing or overwhelming because of the number of things we offer.

4 people found this review helpful

Director of People Operations

Thanks so much for the review! We embrace the challenge of developing a great culture in a fast-paced environment and are excited to see it's paying off. You are spot-on, that it takes a particular kind of person to work at a start-up and we can't wait to hire more people that are focused and excited to build something with us.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Catfish

Nov 19, 2021 - Associate Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great design and marketing -Many employees are great people to work with -Active slack channels -High base salary -Work life balance is positive

Cons

-Catfish above all else -Product is not complete or a full solution- expected to sell a partial solution with no understanding of support or next steps for clients (bc they don't exist) -Internal structure is not stable or equitable -Executive personalities clash to a point that it affects client progression and deal close rate -Culture is not what it appears- the "culture" only exists for employees who are deemed a part of the original group of founders and employees, everyone else is left to figure out how to navigate the cronyism and still do their job effectively -Mass hiring and poaching with very ill timing based on company trajectory lead to many people being let go within 60 days or less of onboarding -Derailed many careers of high worth and high talent individuals who wanted to build something great and took a risk trusting the leadership here. -Don't expect to understand how you are paid as a seller or have any real KPI's

8 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Join a Winning Growing Team

Dec 3, 2021 - Senior Accountant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team environment - You are responsible for your success and contributions to your team and company overall (no hand holding you should come in ready to contribute) - Monthly wellness reimbursement annual value of $900 - Constant changing environment - always thinking of solutions

Cons

Not to many cons - I might be biased but i'm enjoying my time here! - it's a growing company there will be learning pains - it can be difficult to be heard outside your department - it's a remote company so the emphases will be on core operations: sales, engineering, ect - essential support operations are in the back burner (my opinion)

Director, Culture and Engagement

We know that startups can be challenging and are so happy to hear that you're finding the culture and environment rewarding! We will encourage leadership to take your advice to heart. If you have any suggestions for helping better integrate our teams, People Ops would love to hear them!

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

biggest mistake of my career

Nov 10, 2021 - Customer Success in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- the brand is cool - working with fun restaurants - decent comp package - mission is very important, the company is doing good things in theory

Cons

- for a company that champions diversity, almost all upper management is male - leaders will bring in women for public events / to make them look good but they’re not actually leaders. 3+ female leaders have left the company in the past six months and all replaced by men - leadership is very unprofessional - lots of gossip, lots of promotions/praise based off of emotion rather than performance, CEO regularly interrupts and derails all-hands meetings - very blatant favoritism mostly driven by the CEO to pick and choose the “people in charge” based off of who he likes and who is new (rather than who does their jobs well)… this changes on a weekly basis (not kidding) so it makes it difficult to get cross-department jobs done - marketing is unnecessarily flashy, probably very expensive, and makes a big deal out of how the company is perceived and how pretty the brand is but don’t take customer feedback seriously - our customers either love us or hate us - we’ve had so much turnover each account has gone through 3+ point of contacts, this can be typical for SaaS but the way we communicate changes to customers needs a lot of work

9 people found this review helpful

Director, Culture and Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We encourage you to reach out to People Ops to discuss your concerns about gossiping and insults as we take these matters seriously. We are actively working on the performance review process which will be completed in December. We've also signed on with the platform Lattice to track ongoing reviews, feedback, 1:1s, and goals. As a fast-growing startup, Lunchbox will naturally experience some growing pains. We can't promise perfection, but we are always open to feedback in how to continuously improve the employee experience.

6. 5.0

Great place to work!

Dec 6, 2021 - People Ops
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The culture is amazing. It's impressive how palpable and immersive the culture is for being fully remote. - The people. Everyone I've met is so smart, so passionate, and so kind. - The ability to built. I left my previous role because the company was large and established. I love the ability Lunchbox gives me to contribute and build on our team, company, and personal projects.

Cons

- Things move quickly and you have to be ok with pivoting, such is life at a startup.

4 people found this review helpful

Director, Culture and Engagement

We love to hear it! Thank you for sharing!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Culture + Leadership

Dec 1, 2021 - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely insane culture + leadership across the board. I view the company culture as one of the most important well-defining aspects of a company and from day-one Ive been in love with how much authentic importance has been placed on culture and overall employee happiness. The leadership really devotes their time to making sure everyone on their team is set up for success, really caring about each employee. Alongside these, the benefits are amazing and the ability for growth within the company is always there. They want you to grow with the company.

Cons

No cons. Dream company to work for.

Director of People Operations

We're so glad you have found your "dream company." Nothing makes us happier than happy employees. We will continue to strive to build a great place to work because we know that our employees are bringing their best to work every day. Thanks for choosing us! We wouldn't have the culture we have without our amazing employees.

8. 5.0

Scrappy Startup in Hypergrowth

Nov 16, 2021 - Director of Enterprise Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lunchbox is one of the fastest-growing restaurant tech companies. We've gathered a wide array of talent from various industries, restauranteurs, techies, and people passionate about helping restaurants build best-in-class channels to compete in the digital era. We believe in going above and beyond for our partners and are truly revolutionizing restaurant technology for generations to come. Strong leadership team with a focus on being merchant first and building true partnerships.

Cons

Cons are also pros if you like to work in startups. Hustle hard culture, building, and scaling partnerships, early on startup with constant growth initiatives.

3 people found this review helpful

Director, Culture and Engagement

Wow, we love your enthusiasm for Lunchbox and our product. We feel the same way! What an exciting time to be a part of a growing company culture. Our Sales Team is such a valuable asset to our growth and we are so excited that you chose to work with us!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing culture, people, benefits, and more...

Dec 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone, and I mean everyone is willing to help each other out. In a company that's scaling so quickly I've never been around a group of people who've always kept a positive and resilient attitude. Company leaders are very transparent and are receptive to feedback. Overall, there's a really big sense of universal purpose at Lunchbox which makes it easier to get the job done.

Cons

The company is scaling fast which means lots of process changes that come with this.

3 people found this review helpful

Director of People Operations

Teamwork and community are two things love about Lunchbox the most too! There is something inspiring about everyone rowing the boat in the same direction. We hope we can continue to make you feel supported and growing during your time here.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

OK job- 5 star reviews are fake, 1 star reviews are dramatic

Nov 19, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the employees are great The company is productive Fully remote and modern work environment Good value system Great learning opportunity of what to do & what not to do

Cons

Hired too fast, running out of cash Costs outpace revenue, company not stable Product is built on shaky ground and constantly breaking No focus: too much change, too many directions, too much turnover, too many products/features, nothing done well Engineers are overworked & underpaid Founders less qualified to lead than many of the employees Company is split between insiders and non-insiders— basically 50 people are really into it, and 150 people are just hanging on No career / promotion / raise path

6 people found this review helpful

Director, Culture and Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We can assure you that Lunchbox is stable, as Nabeel shared in a recent All Hands meeting. As a fast-growing startup, Lunchbox will naturally experience some growing pains, including quick pivots. As we are entering the performance review process, we encourage you to bring up any concerns about your workload, compensation, and career path with your manager. We have an Engineering skills matrix that your manager can provide to discuss career pathing with you as well. People Ops is actively working on a formal compensation structure and promotion process that will be put in place in the coming months.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews

Lunchbox Technologies Reviews FAQs

Lunchbox Technologies has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 60 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Lunchbox Technologies to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lunchbox Technologies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lunchbox Technologies. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

84% of Lunchbox Technologies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lunchbox Technologies 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lunchbox Technologies to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Lunchbox Technologies Job Seekers