Lundquist Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Lundquist Consulting Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2019

2.8
  1. "A growing company where you will be rewarded for your efforts."

I have been working at Lundquist Consulting full-time

Pros

Opportunities and rewards are available based on your contribution. You will make an impact on the company's success every day. Management works to grow staff into leadership positions. More infrastructure and process now in place after acquisition by Verisk.

Cons

Workload can be a lot of you don't manage your time well or aren't in sync with your manager. Commute can be a challenge but management is flexible about WFH.

Advice to Management

Continue growing your investment in your people. The focus on culture over the last few years has made a positive impact on the company - continue on this track and do even more to engage and be open with your team.

Lundquist Consulting2018-10-29
  2. "Extremely Poor and ill "culture""

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Lundquist Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice location and a close proximity to the lake to take walks. No problems with parking.

Cons

* Managers are rude and arrogant and constantly humiliating their subordinates * NO culture whatsoever * Daily harassment and disrespect * Technologies are super outdated (welcome to 90s) * Miserable salaries * Unhealthy work/life balance. Management can easily start a new project which was inadequately planned and force you to work daily till midnight and on the weekends. * Developers are always the ones who... are pointed fingers at and blamed

Advice to Management

* Take anger management course and and stop yelling at your subordinates publicly. Start being Polite and Nice and at least say "Hi" and "Bye" when employees great you. * Do the adequate project planning and stop doing weekend deployments which emaciates employees big time.

Lundquist Consulting2019-04-11

"Toxic"

I have been working at Lundquist Consulting

Pros

Location, nice views from the office, free lunch once per week.

Cons

The culture here is toxic. There is one insular, “inner circle”, protected group here and these people can do anything, including being exceedingly rude and bullying other coworkers, without repercussion. A lot of finger pointing goes on. There is little cooperation between departments. Very long hours are expected of everyone, all the time; if you don’t conform, bye bye bonus.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing this bad behavior to continue - don’t allow employees to belittle and demean each other.

Lundquist Consulting2019-01-29
  4. "Extremely fast pace but great opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at Lundquist Consulting full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Have seen us grow from a small versatile company to over 10 folds. We are a close knit family and help each other learn from one another. There are many products and services that we provide and if you are willing to learn and keep up with the pace, there are many things you will pick up in a short amount of time. We have great work flexibility and are always trying to get improve. We are very client focus and... reputable in our industry and never had to let anyone go due to financial reasons as our company products are solid.

Cons

Being fast pace and client focus may also be a double edge sword. There are times where we have a lot of pressure to deliver great products/services in a very short amount of time - but what amazes me is when things get tough, we are all hands on deck to help each other in need and still get things done. There is no red tape in the organization. On a manager perspective, we would like to spend more time mentoring... and growing our employees but we are always committed to some sort of other priority that requires our attention in different areas.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide support and resource from the top down so employees from all levels benefit and feel they are a big part of the organization's success - which they are. I believe the intention means well in the top side of the organization but the messaging may be received differently downstream. Lets figure out how we can show how much we appreciate everyone's work. Example - let's celebrate and reward... employees that have been there for 5, 10, 15, 20+ years...etc. Maybe some sort of physical reward like a Plaque so we can be proud of?

Lundquist Consulting2018-07-26
  5. "Everyone here can make an impact"

Current Employee - Full Time

I have been working at Lundquist Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LCI has a long history of working with some of the largest lenders in the country, so knowing we have an impact on millions of consumers is pretty cool. The company is small, so we feel like we can make a direct impact on the business and our customers. Since the acquisition by Verisk in 2017, there have been a lot of positive changes both culturally and in terms of opportunity. There are new team-building exercises... that we do and weekly free lunches are good. 401k match, commuter benefits, FSA Accounts. If you are driven, you can really succeed here. If you want to put your feet up and relax, this isn't the place for you.

Cons

Many projects have a long tail, so the company needs to work on that. The long tails lead to many projects being worked on at one time, spreading everyone thin. There also is a lack of collaborative spaces. This would be nice in the new office expansion.

Advice to Management

Hold teams accountable to completing projects so they can move to the next one without always being pulled back to a previous project.

Lundquist Consulting2018-07-20
  6. "LCI Overview"

Current Employee - Financial Data Analyst in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at Lundquist Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you work hard, management will commend you for your efforts/performance. I have only been here 8 months, however, I worked my butt off to show the executives that I am a great employee. After only 8 months, I negotiated my way to a promotion. They want to see you climb up the career ladder. I HIGHLY recommend asking for tasks outside of your job description that fit where you want to grow. For instance, my boss... was working on some highly important tasks and I requested that he train me on them so that I can take some away from his workload. After doing this for a while, I proved that I can handle the next step on the career ladder and they noticed.

Cons

I don't have any cons. Everyone is exorbitantly nice.

Lundquist Consulting2018-07-16
  7. "LCI has been great to me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at Lundquist Consulting part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Since I started as a temp they have always respected the flexible schedule that I require. There is a great group of people who work here and the atmosphere is one of trying to make it a fun place to work. Also I feel that ownership really cares about employees

Cons

I feel that there is a lot of emphasis on growth and sometimes growth is happening without a consciousness on what the team feels about how much pressure is put on employees to make the growth happen.

Advice to Management

I think there needs to be more thought on what the effects of the growth will have on the team.

Lundquist Consulting2018-07-13
  8. "Growing Company"

I have been working at Lundquist Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

A really nice group of people, anxious to see the company grow and anxious to grow themselves. The Verisk acquisition has changed the climate but much of it positively. More resources and learning opportunities.

Cons

Growing pains and change needs to be managed. Management needs to be open to new ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep up the thirst for change and growth.

Lundquist Consulting2018-07-12

"Growing company with opportunities"

I have been working at Lundquist Consulting full-time

Pros

If you're an intelligent and smart person, you'll thrive here, else you'll struggle keeping up with others. You get to try different roles and are not limited by your title. Get to work on different types of projects. Great location.

Cons

Commute based on your location. Processes need to continuously be evaluated as the business grows.

Advice to Management

There has been some good work in the past year of focusing and growing employees and the business. More time allocated for R&D activities.

Lundquist Consulting2017-05-18

"Management needs to mentor employees"

I worked at Lundquist Consulting

Pros

Location, clients, hardworking employees and management.

Cons

Lack of career growth. No direction from management. No mentoring. Flawed applications and processes that need rebuild.

Advice to Management

Value employees. Invest in training and development programs.

Lundquist Consulting2016-05-04