Lush "pushy" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Lush Employee Reviews about "pushy"

Updated 18 Nov 2019

3.7
Lush CEO Mark Constantine
Mark Constantine
Pros
Cons
  • "Sales tactics are also ridiculously pushy and senior staff were forcing them upon you throughout the day(in 33 reviews)

• "Managers and supervisors try to be supportive but do gossip about you to other members of staff(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "pushy"

Return to all Reviews

"Holiday Hire"

I worked at Lush part-time

Pros

Great discount Great products

Cons

Low Pay Required to be a pushy sales person

Lush2018-10-18

"Great if you eventually want to sell cars"

I have been working at Lush part-time

Pros

50% off discount Rewarding customer service job (if you help the right people, your own way) Can sample anything and everything (besides bath bombs and bath products)

Cons

Very pushy sales approach Will push you out of your comfort zone in a negative way Not very mindful of the customer's wants or needs, mainly sales driven to reach the goal. Extroverted type of work environment (do NOT recommend this job to introverts) Scarce hours (4-9 weekly, if that)

Advice to Management

Please understand everyone has their own selling methods and that sometimes people do NOT want to be helped. Approaching an employee after they've done everything they could and asking "What could we have done differently?" or "Go ask them more questions!" will only drive the customer out of the store and never want to come back. We are selling skincare, body care, and hair care. Not a car. This is supposed to be a... luxurious experience as many people have told me not a pushy one where they feel pressured to buy something and leave not returning.

Lush2018-05-30

"Holiday job"

I worked at Lush part-time

Pros

free items and discounts were offered to employees

Cons

Very pushy manager and rude co-workers.

Advice to Management

Go with the flow and take things easier and not too harsh

Lush2017-11-28

"Not the best"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Lush part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay was good and the bonus was great and I love the products.

Cons

There's a lot of hypocrisy. Saying that they aren't sales driven and just want to help the customers is dishonest. They force you to be pushy and you spend the whole shift paranoid and exhausted.

Advice to Management

Relax a bit, don't give in to favoritism. The numbers really fix themselves, you can't force customers to buy things.

Lush2016-08-28
  5. "White City Store London"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in London, England

I worked at Lush part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training in product knowledge (done through fun workshops, games and demonstrations), a lovely team of sales associates, flexible hours. Regular opportunities for promotion, amazing ethics. Free products!

Cons

Management in that particular store formed cliques and favourited certain sales associates. Rules would be bent for these people, then management would be unnecessarily harsh towards others, and it became so mentally draining that I left. Sales tactics are also ridiculously pushy and senior staff were forcing them upon you throughout the day – to pester customers up to three times to try and link-sell items even if... customers clearly did not want to be approached or could not afford it.

Lush2019-11-10
  6. "Good job for outgoing, sales driven people"

Current Contractor - Sales Assistant

I have been working at Lush

Pros

50% discount, try products, overall its good

Cons

pushy sales tactics and less job security

Lush2019-11-19

"Great company"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Lush part-time

Pros

Great values, good perks, treat staff well

Cons

Pushy on some of their views, approaching customers sometimes feels like hassling with the sales technique we are trained and expected to use

Lush2019-07-26
  8. "Very positive"

I worked at Lush

Pros

Friendly team, good training, lots of free/discounted stuff They encourage you to use all the products by giving you a lot of them to try for free, when new products come through staff can try them themselves. Gives you a good and honest sense of what you’re selling

Cons

Can be too pushy with talking to customers, felt like I wasn’t letting customers browse and breath when management would tell us to approach people too often

Advice to Management

Ease off the customers, let them browse

Lush2019-04-25
  9. "Temporary Christmas Contract"

Former Employee - Temporary Sales Assistant in Cork

I worked at Lush part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great discount (50%), fast-paced & interesting, mostly nice, fun staff. Amazing wage (€11.70 p/h)

Cons

Very pushy with targets & sales etc, nothing you do is ever good enough for managers. Bad hours, only 4 hour shifts and not a lot of opportunity to stay on after Christmas.

Advice to Management

Be less pushy and let employees deal with customers in the best way that works for them. Customers can tell when the employees niceness is forced and not real.

Lush2018-11-18
  10. "Good ethics, experience, benefits, fun"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Lush part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

London living wage employer Discount on all products (excluding charity products) Working for a brand that endorses ethics such as minimal packaging, fair wages, ethical buying, vegetarian etc

Cons

Some stores really force the stereotypical "lushie" overly-pushy, hard-sales techniques on you.

Lush2018-11-12