Lusive Decor Reviews | Glassdoor

Lusive Decor Reviews

Updated February 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Company offers free drinks and snacks and that's about it (in 2 reviews)

• Free breakfast for early risers, get you in early so you work longer hours (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The place is run poorly and there has been a 200% turn over rate with the staff (in 3 reviews)

• No one likes to be belittled and embarrassed in front of the entire office (in 4 reviews)

"Abusive Decor- Vocational Suicide"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lusive Decor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of parking
    Freeway accessible
    Pens and Staplers readily available
    These unfortunately are the only pros that I can think of for this business

Cons

This hands down has been the WORST employment experience I have ever had. In an economy where people are desperately looking for work, my advice? STAY AWAY from here!!!

The place is run poorly and there has been a 200% turn over rate with the staff. People are constantly leaving due to this hostile work environment. The produced product is low grade, generic, poorly manufactured, always delivered late and broken and completely unoriginal.

Unfortunately, this is just the tip of the iceberg. TheCEO is abusive and volatile. I think his Napoleon complex derives from his petite frame. He berates and condescends the entire staff daily even though he is clueless about the operations of his own business. You are never "safe". Even in asking a simple question, he will mock and belittle you aloud so the entire office can hear. Then, he will take your thought and make it his own.- Baffling!!

The Other CEO is scattered, clueless and equally abusive. It's very hard to take her seriously in meetings due to her being ill prepared and oblivious. Her hygiene was also an issue during meetings. She is constantly inspecting the crust in her eyes and eating it. This was really hard to get past professionally and needless to say to clients noticed as well.

Finally the management,which in her case stands for "Glutinous Muncher", was just as oblivious and useless as the other two. All I ever saw her do was eat. I still don't know what she did there.....USELESS!!.

As for the "positive" reviews on this site... they don't exist. They are obviously manufactured in house. Notice the similarities in vernacular. "keep doing what you do" "keep moving forward" "keep doing it" all from different "positive" reviews of this company. This tactic is as unoriginal as their mediocre lighting fixtures.

I never thought people like this existed and I have NEVER had this type of experience in the work place before. Save yourself the grief-RUN!!!

Advice to Management

With this company, I don't know who you would be referring to.

MANAGEMENT DEFINITION-"the act or skill of controlling people and making decisions about a business, department, etc."

Not so much here.......
    So my advice to management- Learn the basic skills.

"Lusive Decor is a Great place work, they are all nice and super helpful. They have the best HR. Actually trained people"

Former Employee - Project Designer in East Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Project Designer in East Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lusive Decor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the set up of the whole place, they have much work and are always putting the employees needs first.

Cons

Non. Just CEO a little overwhelmed with work he needs to understand that we all work differently

Advice to Management

KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU DO

"Consult Services"

Former Employee - Contractor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Friendly people, interesting projects and lots of work! i was lucky to get this work and am ready to do more.

Cons

none - i was payed quick.

Advice to Management

Seems like a great place to work, thanks for letting us be apart of what you do.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lusive Decor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment and culture are wonderful. There's free food and events. The company does interesting work. You feel like your work is important when you work here because of the nature of the company's work. The people are nice, smart, and down to earth.

Cons

People are assigned a lot of work so you must be sure to do a good job balancing your workload. It's hard to get work done when you have so many projects to work on and they are all important high profile projects.
    But employee experience is something the leadership is serious about. It comes out in the incredible care devoted to building a company we can all be proud of, or in the care about employees (like healthy food, thoughtful benefits, etc).

Advice to Management

More training is always a big help.

"Aggressive growth while maintaining that start up feel"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lusive Decor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lusive encourages continued growth and learning opportunities for all employees. If you're looking to progress professionally and personally, Lusive is a great place for that! With such a fast growing company there is a lot of opportunity to grow.
    -Benefits are amazing! Free medical to employees. Free (organic) food in our break room, 401K matching, discounts at lots of businesses and more!
    -Everyone who works at Lusive becomes part of a family. The people you work with are willing to bend over back for you. This company encourages personal and professional development.

Cons

At times, I feel like management in certain areas play favorites. But the “favorites” also seem to really deliver so its hard to tell if that is true or not.
    -We are underpaid, for sure! But who isn’t!

Advice to Management

Please continue to focus on your team members' continued growth, not just your own.

7. "Inspiring, challenging, supportive, rewarding"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lusive Decor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding perks and rewards, high expectations, challenging work, lots of empowerment and minimal micromanagement, good collaboration, good lateral and vertical mobility, smart and do-the-right-thing colleagues, fair and unbiased feedback and performance evaluations, very transparent and good access to leadership.

Cons

Even the best big companies have some amount of politics and some amount of duplicate or difficult work. Plus, when you've got a lot of people working on something, the work is shared into smaller and more specialized bits, and some of those parts are naturally less interesting than others.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Keep thinking big and long term. Keep moving forward.

"Good company for your career"

Current Employee - Projects in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Projects in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lusive Decor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Company, Flexible and busy life, lots of work to do and never get bored. I just signed up for health care and they pay 100%. Who gets that anymore? That's really great.

Cons

None so far that i know of - its all good

Advice to Management

Keep doing it

"Caution: Absolute Twilight Zone, Mind Bending, Nightmare Company Alert!!!!"

Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lusive Decor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most employees are nice and bond together due to the absolute disconnection between upper management and the rest of the staff. Upper management likes to spend hours theorizing and strategizing about the companies direction but spends no time listening to or worrying about the staffs morale or actual needs for support and direction.

Cons

As pointed out by previous reviewers, this company likes to have people "wear many hats" in an "organic" setting (code for: you will have no actual job description so your responsibilities will be all over the map, and "organic" meaning totally disorganized, constantly changing systems and expectations). You will be overloaded with an impossible amount of tasks and then when you inevitably fail, you will be blessed with valuable time management advice/lectures by management, but will be given no support or actual help.

Owner is a micro manager and extremely difficult to work with. He will try his best to put you down and make you look stupid by playing mind games and arguing over semantics.

The owner loves to put down others in front of the entire office making everyone feel very uncomfortable. You will be put in the middle of these arguments.

Management also has a complete lack of empathy, respect or compassion when it comes to dealing with employees. Why should the workers get paid for overtime? Why should they get paid for traveling? Why should we get you a hotel the night before when you can just fly overnight work all day then return home for the next work day? This is easy to do when you spend your time in a glass box patting yourself on the back and ignoring reality.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the book report assignments that we spent countless hours of the work day reviewing. The genius GM had us study a book about a successful hair salon and its business operation/ customer service techniques. I specifically remember one section that talked about turn over and finding the right employees.

The book suggested that companies suffering from abnormally high turnover rates tend to constantly blame the employees for being inadequate instead of looking at their own failures in keeping staff motivated and positive. These companies will be constantly searching for "the right person" when in reality they have had the right people but have failed to value, inspire and retain them.

Unfortunately in a company like Lusive with constantly high turnover, the legacy information breaks down, training of new employees suffers (people there for one month are training the new employees) and it all eventually falls apart.

Advice: Stop forcing new employees to write positive reviews. As pointed out in previous reviews, all the positive comments here have a similar tone? That is because in addition to forcing new employees to write positive reviews management posts many themselves. Focus more on actual change rather than worrying about your image!

"Great Company to work with."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lusive Decor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely a wonderful company to work with.

Cons

People matters everywhere. Though company is good you may end-up with poor bosses that is based on your luck.

Advice to Management

Great!! Keep doing the same

"Less than one year. I was extremely excited about the prospect of working for a lighting company, particularly this one."

Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Not Disclosed in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lusive Decor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast for early risers, get you in early so you work longer hours. Awesome office space, bright spacious and well appointed with good computer equipment.

Cons

The CEO is rude, condescending, disrespectful, disparaging of employees in the presence of both peers and clients. Has a great business sense, but would greatly benefit from a couple years of Dale Carnegie training, they need an operations manager as the CEO is pulled in too many directions and has a hard time keeping up with changing hats when he is working. He has utterly no respect for clients, staff and treats everyone like servants. I have worked in some really crappy jobs over the years, this one makes working at McDonalds seem like a great job. Training is insufficient to non existent. They love acronyms. Lot's of passing the buck, nobody wants to accept responsibility for anything, which makes it easy to blame others later.

Advice to Management

More training instead of throwing people directly into the fire. Too much expectation for cross training of employees in different areas of the business without any training. Having a CEO that is approachable is a start. It is like working for Sybil, you never know what personality your going to get, one minute it's great and supportive, the next it is rude, condescending and very public. There is no privacy in this environment. Not even cubes. Everybody knows everything. Too much email, everyone gets copied on everything and if you work in more than one area it averages over 100 emails a day on a slow day, not to mention meetings that have sidebars while the meetings are going on and people are laughing and telling jokes on the side while business is being discussed. It is utter disorganized chaos. With minimal supervision from the principals what is to be expected?