Lutech Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Outlook"

Pros

You get to work in CB&I offices and enjoy all the previledges and benefits direct employees get.

Cons

None specific I can say

Advice to Management

None

"HR Generalist"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Lutech Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is what I want to do in my career and there are opportunities to work directly for CB&I.

Cons

My current manager does not care about me, my career, or how she can help me learn. I want to help the group, but every idea I have is shot down. Management also does not delegate properly and micromanages when they do delegate tasks. They have made this group resentful and we watch the clock until it is time to go home.
    I only stay because of the opportunities to move to another group. I will move without hesitation the first chance I get.

Advice to Management

Take a management class, talk to your employees, and take a genuine interest in their careers. Otherwise, find a new job where you don't have to work with people.

3. "Contractor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I have been with Lutech Resources for more than 3 years, and I really like my job. I have been given plenty of opportunity for growth and diversity of responsibilities. Lutech is a global company and I have been told that I can move around with the company if I am willing to move. The pay is good and the company does a good job of communicating their core values.

Cons

I would like to see the company offer a more competitive benefits package.

Sep 28, 2016 – Creative Services

Thank you for your feedback and positive review. We are encouraged to hear that you are enjoying the company culture and see opportunity for growth and travel with the company. Please continue to... More

4. "Sr Civil/Structural Engineer"

Pros

Good place , Decent People , Learning Environment , Good tools and software

Cons

Expensive Health Insurance , No Vacation/ holidays

Sep 14, 2016 – Creative Services

Thank you for posting on Glassdoor. It's good to know you like the people you work with and enjoy being in a learning environment with good tools. We share employees' concerns with our management for... More

5. "Payroll Lead"

Pros

Great Manager, laid back environment

Cons

Nit enough work, horribly expensive benefits, No CBI perks

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Aug 24, 2016 – Creative Services

Thank you for your review of our company. We use input like yours to improve our management and processes. We appreciate your advice to "keep up the good work" and hope that you will stay... More

"Ask any former employee you can find.. this place is a joke!"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Sales
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Sales

Pros

I am only writing in this section because Glassdoor requires a minimum amount of characters. Needless to say, there are no Pros. Not even "Pro"fessionals working within the organization.

Cons

Let me start by saying that I am an avid Glassdoor user and use this site as a tool for not only personal insight into potential employers of mine, but also to see what people have to say about clients that I recruit for. There are always good and bad reviews, but with this company, the consistency of Cons and my 100% agreement with those cons force me to assist any potential employee to avoid this company at all costs! (also note the lack of good reviews.. unless they're suspiciously followed by a bad review aka written by management)

In the short time that I worked for Lutech, I saw 8 people leave the company. One voluntarily, and the rest without real cause.. especially when the people who have stayed with the company have not performed to the levels any normal recruitment company would like. Imagine seeing someone bill 30k for an entire year and still having a job to go to, while others are cut in months. The environment is split where there is a BD team and a Recruiting team. BD will always have the upper hand and have experienced no turnover, while recruiters work year old requisitions and/or fake requisitions and are fired once they voice their frustrations. The company is very "clique-ish" and once you prove to be more professional, intelligent, or just overall better at your job, you will then threaten the clique and soon forced out. Sales managers send client emails with all caps and unnecessary punctuations ("THANKS FOR THE INTERVIEW............I WILL TALK TO YOU SOON"), take on roles worked by 15 other recruitment firms, and will literally work anything you give them: essentially, glorified order takers. There is no Applicant Tracking System, no recruitment resources (besides "roadtechs"? lol) no structure of verticals or specializations, no accountibility, and no legitimate leadership.

I want to avoid rambling, and feel that I have already failed in that regard. But to be fair, there are so many negatives with this company it is hard to not be overwhelmed with various points on the topic of Cons. Just look at the consistency in people that have posted their reviews, and if you are in a bind and NEED a job, ask them directly about these things and see how they respond. Ask about peoples billings, their turnover, management strategy, client focuses, etc. You will then see what everyone is talking about.

Advice to Management

Look at the constants in the company's poor performance. If you are so fire happy, maybe look at those who have been with you the longest and assess the results they've brought in. If you as "managment" have any leadership prowess at all, this SHOULD be easy...

Aug 24, 2016 – Creative Services

Thank you for your feedback. We take all company reviews seriously and use them to strengthen our work processes and improve our employee experience. Glassdoor comments are shared with management to... More

"Terrible company and worst experience of my career"

Pros

Nothing!! I need five words in the Pros section. I'm at a loss!

Cons

Everything!!! Management is a bunch of glorified pre madonnas who don't know what they're doing. They will have the same opportunities that have been open for over a year and recycle requisitions all the time, if thats not bad enough they will fake requisitions and have the delivery team work on them just to meet numbers. The ATS system is a joke. Felt like I was working in the 20th century. I'm not sure who this contractor is below; they haven't placed any contractors in a while. Maybe since the 19th century. Stay away... there are plenty opportunities out there, pick any one of them.

Advice to Management

Quit

"Good temporary work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Lutech Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a good way to make a few bucks for a temporary period of time, Lutech resources could be the place for you.

Cons

They offer no paid time off (vacation /sick/ holiday) at all. And the health insurance they offer is crazy expensive for a family.

Advice to Management

Offer paid time off to full time employees.

"Worst Company EVER!!!"

Pros

They will try to lure you in with a competitive salary and allow you to work remote/from home. This will change though.

Cons

Daily changes and turnover monthly. Terrible management with lack of industry experience. Worst benefits on this division in the market and for what they provide their consultants. Also very pricey. Outdated systems that no one uses. Terrible ATS system if you plan on anything in sales or recruiting, I would highly recommend to stay away. Sales team is useless and hardly work or do they know how to generate quality business or any business for that matter. False opportunities and terrible contracts. This company is also having Major financial struggles and I will be surprised if they were still in business after this year. This group has barely generated any revenue for 2016! False expectations and promises and they have cut A LOT of good employees and can barely afford to keep the lights on they mentioned in one of their last updates to their employees.

"Compensation"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

None, other than my paycheck is deposited in my account on time every week. Other than that I can see no "pro" to this company.

Cons

1) CBI/Lutech replaced D&Z at my work place, an east coast nuclear plant about a year ago. After takeover they suggested a "pay scale band" that would immediately reduce our hourly wages by about 30% across the board (non-manual, office work). This was on a Thursday, the next Monday 4 individuals resigned. The email was rescinded when the utility management found out about the email, stepped in and realized they would lose a large portion of the Department if they did not do something immediately. The feeling on site is eventually they will be able to knock the wages down but most of the department personnel will have found another position by then.

They are attempting to staff for our annual re-fuel outage in February 2016, , their management lacks sufficient experience to handle this task, I expect a "train wreck" as they are not a stand- alone company that has the quality type of personnel that can get this type of job done.

Advice to Management

A company "gets what they pay for" in most cases. There were several ways that situation could have been handled, Lutech chose the "sledge hammer to the forehead" method. That may work in some places but not at a nuke plant where the employees are highly skilled and most have 20 plus year's experience in my particular department.