Luth Research Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Luth Research President and CEO Roseanne Luth
Roseanne Luth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good company, good health care, 401K plan (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management very knowlegeable and competant in market research (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I've never worked for a company that had such a high turnover rate, and I still haven't worked for a company with (in 4 reviews)

• Fluorescent lighting in call center (in 3 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid primary research methodology, Excellent passive tracking technology, Good Sales prospecting methodology and Excellent BDA support...

Cons

Move towards progressive, modern infrastructure.

2. "My experience can be summed up i one word "gratifying"."

Current Employee - Quantitative Interviewer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Quantitative Interviewer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am entering into my third year presently with Luth Research.The skills aquired thus far have proven to be invaluable. I enjoy going to work daily and have grown to feel the atmosphere and entire team to be just as comforting as home.

Cons

Lack of consensus between supervisors internally causes intimadation of questions. Requested information or resources necessary to get the job done can go unanswered or forgotten.

Advice to Management

Well communicated intents are easily understood and supportive, desisive direction ends with accomplishement of any objective.

"A place to learn not for a career"

I worked at Luth Research full-time

Pros

A good place to start your market research career and to learn the basics and fundamentals of project planning, management and surveys.

Cons

Not a place to develop a career in market research as the work is repetitive and there is no senior management career support.

4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company for several years...definite room for growth. The CEO is the best I have ever worked for, and is always willing to teach and help you grow. The atmosphere is fun, and most of our coworkers feel like family. The facilities are awesome, and there is a sense of pride from all.

Cons

The turn over rate in the phone room is pretty high, as Luth employs a lot of college students, or individuals trying to get back on their feet....but Luth gives them a chance to do that.

Advice to Management

Keep working together as a team, and continue with the opportunity to grow!

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in San Diego, CA

Pros

Luth is a great company to work for. They are flexible and willing to work with people. It is more of a family oriented firm and in the 3 years that I have been with the company, I have seen many people come and go and come back. Luth Research gave me the opportunity to grow when I least expected it.

Cons

More variety in the background music while working and not the same songs over and over again.

6. "Great Atmosphere with Intelligent employees who feel like family!"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has been around for around 40 years so you know it's thriving and growing. Been in the top 500 fastest growing companies. The hallways are littered with awards from all over. Plenty of growth opportunities because of the fast growing comments made above. Employees are all so friendly and feel like family. The CEO is a great role model for all she employs. She is not like other CEO's who run their companies from afar and distance themselves to the employees they hire; Luth's CEO is in office everyday and works closely with all employees to ensure growth and improvement. Best company i have ever worked for!

Cons

The call center has a high turn over rate but that is to be expected. Call center employees generally get paid minimum wage and don't last long because it's generally attracts people still in school or those with another job. However, there are several call center employees that have been employed with Luth for over 10 years, so you know there is definitely a reason to stay for that long.

Advice to Management

Keep up communication, coaching, and working as a team and Luth will surely climb to the top!

"More bad than good, but oppourtunities exist"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time

Pros

Not many pros to list and most come with a caveat.

Good company to gain professional experience and training, but most driven and qualified employees find their way out after a short time.

Due to high turnover, there are opportunities to advance much quicker than you would in most other companies.

There are some good managers that are invested in their employees, but these are the exception rather than the rule and you need to actively seek them out.

Cons

Management philosophy can best be described by figuring out the least amount of money an employee is willing to work for and keeping them as close to that number for as long as possible. High turnover and low pay means that for employees that stick around, they are burdened with constant training of newcomers to back fill positions and likely long hours to meet demanding deadlines. Employee morale was very low. Department goals were largely unattainable, so if you have a bonus, you would only see a fraction of the "expected" compensation. HR at the time was a joke, interactions left you feeling as though you just dealt with a used car salesman.

8. "Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company, good health care, 401K plan......... Nice looking building......break room had TV refrigerator snack machines......over all mos upper management team was supportive at all times.

Cons

Human Resources, rules followed by some not all, rules where or had to be adhered to some not all just depended on you the person not HR

Advice to Management

None

9. "Phone Interviewer"

I have been working at Luth Research part-time

Pros

Flexability management willing to work around school schedules

Cons

Need more work projects to comein

"It's Disgusting"

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

It is a company. You get a paycheck. There are some talented people, but they will not be there long because turnover is high.

Cons

If you like being micromanaged and listening to endless and pointless pontification, then join Luth. If not, skip this place and save yourself from the headache. Regarding technology and capabilities, sales reps have to make claims that go beyond typical corporate puffery. Buyers beware. Potential employees - carefully read these reviews and understand that the sugar-coated descriptions are written by existing managers who burn through people.

Advice to Management

Get on with it and sell this place to a big global research firm. Quit pretending there is any other kind of strategy.