Luth Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Luth Research CEO Roseanne Luth
Roseanne Luth
  1. "I am Happy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am happy at Luth Research. I understand everyone has their own opinion but a lot of these other comments/reviews are from disgruntled employees that were not performing or abiding by company policies (every company has them so whats the issue?). Sites like these are by no means reliable or accurate as most comments come from people who got terminated for poor performance. Shape up or ship out! Hard work pays off... here but if your not in it for the long haul

Cons

Would like to hear more comments/reviews from our happy current employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Luth Research2015-08-31

"Horrible, Miserable, Depressing Company"

in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research for less than a year

Pros

NONE, ZERO, NOTHING, NADA and ZIP

Cons

Working with Felons and incompetent people

Advice to Management

Go back to school

Luth Research2015-09-28

"Did not like this job."

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst

I worked at Luth Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch on your first day, free computer, free cell phone, and free parking. It is also in downtown so you can walk over and get a nice lunch at a good restaurant.

Cons

When I worked here (and yes I am a former employee), I thought it was strange that so many people were getting let go or quitting within the first 3 months of my working here. I've never worked for a company that had such a high turnover rate, and I still haven't worked for a company with high turnover rate. I personally know two people who actually quit (not fired but quit) because they did not like the environment..., the rate of pay, and the demands of the job, which didn't compensate for the rate of pay. These were not the telephone interviewers but they were the research analysts and I know my former boss loved one of them and wanted her to eventually become a senior research analyst. My training was really weak and my boss was condescending whenever I made mistakes or asked a question. I can understand if I were a seasoned employee but I just started. I've seen this boss yell at fellow coworkers (one of whom worked there for years) and myself. How is this good for employee morale? While there was always overtime, the benefits weren't that great (especially if you weren't coming in as a Level 2 or 3 employee) and don't compensate for how often people get sick here, especially during the winter months. How do people get sick? Easy, you are working with a lot of people and you are worked to the ground. Yes, we were away from the telephone room but it didn't prevent some of us from getting sick. My friend got sick all the time and she was only a little over two months into the job than I was. Also, I think it's unfair to discredit some of the people who haven't had a good experience working here. I've worked for other companies who have glassdoor accounts and I find it interesting that they have consistently high reviews from several employees (both current and former), whereas with Luth the reviews run on the low end. Good thing I have a frame of reference. By the way, I have to agree that the pay here is low.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and offer better training. Don't be so hard on people who make mistakes. Maybe if you treat them better you'll have a higher retention rate and boost production.

Luth Research2015-09-01

"Worst job experience"

Former Employee - Research Analyst

I worked at Luth Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

In the heart of downtown, free parking, free laptop and if you're lucky, a free cell phone. I can't think of anything else because I really did not like working here. Anyone who writes a glowing review for this person is probably a (former felon) supervisor or someone from HR.

Cons

You are easily overworked. Overtime is strongly encouraged. People in the phones area are kinda sketchy. Pay is extremely low. Fire/hire environment. Training is weak at best. Don't be surprised if people leave in less than 1 year. If you make it to more than a year, wow, I applaud you. If you think this is how work should be like, I feel bad for you. I was terminated but found work elsewhere that pays better. It's... out there, don't settle for Luth. I have never been treated so horribly by a boss until I came to Luth. Meetings are uninspiring. Benefits are weak.

Advice to Management

Don't treat employees like they are disposable. I don't keep in touch with you guys for a reason. If you actually want to keep employees, maybe you should fire the felons and actually hire better, more qualified prospective employees. Oh wait, you can't afford it!

Luth Research2015-08-17

"Mistake"

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst

I worked at Luth Research full-time

Pros

It's location...that's about it. This is a very poor company to work for

Cons

Analyst pool is understaffed, causing a very stressful environment. Management is cold and distant. No corporate culture or company-wide interaction. Project parameters are very poorly explained to you leading to costly mistakes that you are ultimately blamed for. Everyone is very unhappy as you could infer from its high employee turnover. Extremely low pay

Advice to Management

Learn to care about your employees. Involve analysts in the project earlier in the research process. Hire a larger staff so everyone's not as stressed and overworked and provide a fair wage.

Luth Research2015-07-29

"Telephone interviewer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research part-time for more than a year

Pros

Sometimes the people you work with.

Cons

Unfairness, usually a mediocre management of things, they have downsized and changed a lot their flexibility. Demanding with most assignments

Advice to Management

Value the good workers and be better organized

Luth Research2015-03-04

"Very Poor Experience"

I have been working at Luth Research

Pros

I wish I had something positive to say, but this really is an extremely poor company.

Cons

This company is a "second chance company" which means they hire a lot of criminals and put them in upper management. Their parking policies are poor. They are quick to hire, and quick to fire. This company has no ethics.

Advice to Management

No advise. They need to start over with management.

Luth Research2015-03-26

"If you have any other legitimate options, I suggest those."

Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research

Pros

Some of the phone room staff seem happy (if you read the positive reviews, they all are from the phone room, I can't find any from salaried staff). Also we don't lie to our clients like we lie to our employees and prospective hires.

Cons

Pay is below industry standard. Very fear based management style - they rely on fear as a motivator. They also fear they won't be able to sell the company (the current priority) leading them to constantly change strategies before the last one was even given time to work. Everyone in the sales staff was lied to in the recruiting process about goals, how many attain them and realistic first year commissions. I've... spent three years with the company and never seen anyone achieve their first year goals (they are sure to tell you different). People are not happy here. Go to LinkedIn and see how many account executives or analysts have been with the company more than two years. Once you fully understand where you are, you start working on leaving.

Advice to Management

Incentives are lame. Making the monthly revenue goals might call for more than a tasteless 6 oz smoothie, or nothing at all (this is actually the source of a a lot of butter laughs).

Luth Research2015-01-21

"Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - BDA in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Met a few good people their, free snacks, cold medicine, janitorial staff is awesome, and they don't try and prove Glassdoor wrong.

Cons

Omg ...everything. If you enjoy working with felons who curse you out because they forgot to take their methadone then this place is just for you! Company is horrible.

Advice to Management

What management? The management comes and goes there as not too many people can deal with a place that has no rules in writing.

Luth Research2014-12-27

"Worst company I have ever experienced. At Luth I encountered the worst management of my career."

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paycheck. Vending machines at the break room. Covered parking if you are early. Management leaves a lot to be desired.

Cons

Environment is competitive in the worst way...there is no support from management. There are few places I can imagine being worst in terms of corporate culture.

Luth Research2014-12-26