Lutheran Life Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Concierge"

Former Employee - Concierge in Crown Point, IN
    Former Employee - Concierge in Crown Point, IN

I worked at Lutheran Life Communities part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interacting with the residents was by far the best part. Having the ability to be a source of joy in their day as well as help facilitate and plan activities to keep their life vibrant was incredible. I also met some of my favorite coworkers while employed there. Had I not been required by family to move, I would still be happily employed.

Cons

As with most care-based agencies there are ebbs and flows of people and there is a certain working number that is required to be maintainable. Basically there were not enough residents, still a lot of work and too much turnover (on the nursing/CNA side of things) to create the stability that it needed.

Advice to Management

Get the nursing staff to patient ratio back where it ought to be and people will notice an incredible increase in care, further driving word of mouth and boosting the reputation. Marketing is great but only does so much when we cannot take care of their loved one because they're understaffed.

"The hardest I ever worked. Wasted 2 years of my life."

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I worked at Lutheran Life Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great technology to learn from
    -Coworkers are nice and humble

Cons

-Short staffed
    -Manager takes all credit for your work
    -No such thing as a raise or a bonus.
    -Reviews are made purposely inaccurate
    -As a Sr. Engineer, you have access to every bit of systems and data yet no one in Management even knows what you do and who you are.
    -No recognition even after stabilizing infrastructure from daily outages to nothing for over a year.
    -No room for moving up in the company
    -Treated like an hourly worker. Manager will constantly nag you for being a few minutes late.
    -NO work/life balance, NO WFH.
    -Heavy micromanagement.
    -Workplace temperatures are kept in 60F's

Advice to Management

This is 2017. Treat IT members as important. Poor management needs to be fixed. Any employee in the IT department will hate it. Guaranteed.

3. "Could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Lutheran Life Communities part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One of the best retirement healthcare facilities in the nation.

Cons

Needs upper management improvement.
    Training is often negligent.

4. "Ok for starting out."

I worked at Lutheran Life Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents & most of the nurses are great.

Cons

Management doesn't manage employees. Most employees are there for just a paycheck.

5. "Work is what you make of it."

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Crown Point, IN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Crown Point, IN

I have been working at Lutheran Life Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never been mandated. Union facility. Excellent and inexpensive insurance. 12 hour shifts- one week 3 days, one week 4 days.

Cons

New administrator - a lot of changes. They currently are not allowing staff to work overtime unless it benefits the company. It is difficult to get someone to pick up your shift because they won't give you a list of PRN staff to call.

Advice to Management

Get to know staff before coming in and changing every little thing. Worry about bigger problems in the facility rather than the small stuff. Get rid of the under qualified employees and stop punishing the good employees. Show appreciation to good employees and those who do their job efficiently.

6. "Overall a great company"

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

Pros

Overall, Lutheran Life Communities was a great company to work for. Although I was only a server, I worked alongside people that truly cared about our residents - whether it be my coworkers in culinary services, CNA's, nurses, or upper level management. My supervisors were very accommodating of requests for time off and were aware that we have lives outside of our jobs. For the most part, they were very down to earth and were great at what they did.

Cons

The job was difficult at times, and the compensation we received did not reflect the work we put in, especially for experienced servers/leads. There were not many opportunities for advancement, and raises were few and far between.

Advice to Management

At times, more connection was needed between management and employees. Also, compensation was relatively low.

7. "Equal opportunity company"

Current Employee - Night Supervisor in Crown Point, IN
    Current Employee - Night Supervisor in Crown Point, IN

I have been working at Lutheran Life Communities (Less than a year)

Pros

Am a nurse with management experience for about 8 years. I applied for a charge nurse position. And i was offered a manager position with a excellent salary because of my knowledge and experience regardless my diversity. I was judge on what I know and not my ethnicity. I commend the management team for seeing my knowledge and experience regardless of my skin color. Even if I not hired for position, I still appropriate your management for seeong for what I am instead of who I am.

Cons

I have no complaints. They are great.

Advice to Management

Don't change a anything. Your Management team prove to me that equal opportunity really means what it stands for. Am going recommend this facility to everyone who will listen.

8. "Interesting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Lutheran Life Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First-class operation with quality of resident care as the driving factor. Pays well in relation with similar institutions.

Cons

At least slightly more high-pressure than necessary to get the job done.