Lutheran Life Communities Reviews | Glassdoor

Lutheran Life Communities Reviews

3.7
Roger W. Paulsberg

1. "Equal opportunity company"

Current Employee - Night Supervisor in Crown Point, IN
    Current Employee - Night Supervisor in Crown Point, IN

I have been working at Lutheran Life Communities (Less than a year)

Pros

Am a nurse with management experience for about 8 years. I applied for a charge nurse position. And i was offered a manager position with a excellent salary because of my knowledge and experience regardless my diversity. I was judge on what I know and not my ethnicity. I commend the management team for seeing my knowledge and experience regardless of my skin color. Even if I not hired for position, I still appropriate your management for seeong for what I am instead of who I am.

Cons

I have no complaints. They are great.

Advice to Management

Don't change a anything. Your Management team prove to me that equal opportunity really means what it stands for. Am going recommend this facility to everyone who will listen.

2. "Interesting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Lutheran Life Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First-class operation with quality of resident care as the driving factor. Pays well in relation with similar institutions.

Cons

At least slightly more high-pressure than necessary to get the job done.

3. "Overall a great company"

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

Pros

Overall, Lutheran Life Communities was a great company to work for. Although I was only a server, I worked alongside people that truly cared about our residents - whether it be my coworkers in culinary services, CNA's, nurses, or upper level management. My supervisors were very accommodating of requests for time off and were aware that we have lives outside of our jobs. For the most part, they were very down to earth and were great at what they did.

Cons

The job was difficult at times, and the compensation we received did not reflect the work we put in, especially for experienced servers/leads. There were not many opportunities for advancement, and raises were few and far between.

Advice to Management

At times, more connection was needed between management and employees. Also, compensation was relatively low.