Lutheran Services Florida Reviews | Glassdoor

Sam Sipes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Rewarding"

I have been working at Lutheran Services Florida part-time

Pros

Good opportunity to work with at risk youth.

Cons

Too much paperwork, low pay, and out dated resources/materials.

"Worst workplace ever seen!!"

Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Employment Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Lutheran Services Florida full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like help people it is a good place to work. Some nice co-workers. Paid holidays and decent PTO's.

Cons

Worst ever seen management in the employment program! A lot of "supervisors" earning high salaries and doing nothing to grow up the program, they only play to "witch hunting". Administrators with more than 70 years old earning high salaries and dulling the work and creating gossip of the employees.
    Professionalism is a word that the don't know! Corruption, fraud and mediocrity is something that characterizes that department. You can get fired if you are not "friend" of the boss ussing arguments that are lies like supposed frauds when they are the only ones who do it and saying "good bless you" Hypocrites!!!

Very low salaries and a lot of unnecessary paperwork due the mediocrity and bad management!
    They are people who are supposed to give love and help others but do not care about their staff and that makes them doubt the real meaning of this organization.
    Nepotism and Hypocrisy, that is it...

Advice to Management

Dismiss all useless bosses and try to be professional and give value to your employees.
    God bless you too!!!..

3. "Crisis Counselor"

I have been working at Lutheran Services Florida full-time

Pros

Offers a lot of time off

Cons

Hectic schedule because of a new program

"Case Manager"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Lutheran Services Florida full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were nice, most of them. Free parking.

Cons

Horrible supervisors, the worst I've ever had working in this field for over 25 years. Large caseloads, ridiculous hours, supervisors texting you early in the morning and late at night demanding more and more. Run away now! Don't even interview! Pay is poor too.

Advice to Management

Shut the whole agency down you are doing more harm than good to the children you are supposed to be serving!

"no support"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Lutheran Services Florida (Less than a year)

Pros

SOME of the employees are helpful and encouraging.

Cons

Management is 90 percent unapproachable and there is almost no support offered for the sickening amount of stress this job puts you through.

Advice to Management

CHECK ON YOUR EMPLOYEES MORE OFTEN

"Employment Program: the worst workplace"

I have been working at Lutheran Services Florida full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent colleagues; paid holidays; social recognition

Cons

Awful leadership and management. Supervisors and manager of employment program are the classic boss that never know about something, but, always the bad result of the task is responsibility of the employee. If you pursue a degree in higher education, you'll be targeted as a menace for them. Why? They don't have an American degree. A total lack of professionalism and respect for others. Another point, the selection of the new personnel is responsibility of the superviser. You will be interviewed by your future boss! The promotion of employees is based on seniority and not in their capacities.

Advice to Management

Restructure the employment program. It requires new leaders and new vision. Create a department of recruitment. You need people that care about the company and not in their personal interests.

7. "Very heavy workload but work/life balance valued"

I worked at Lutheran Services Florida (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous vacation time, great coworkers, ability to directly influence the lives of others and improve situations for individuals in need. Agency values personal/family life

Cons

Low pay, very high workload and stress. Disconnect between corporate office and the various programs/direct services providers.

Advice to Management

Invest more in appreciation for the direct service providers. Understand the value in team building within and between the programs.

8. "Great place poor salary"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Lutheran Services Florida full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really loved LSF. It was very healthy for me although many other folk complained. I really enjoyed offerings Healing, Help and Hope to those in need. They have a pretty solid structure and their upper leadership is strong with clear vision for the future.

Cons

Unfortunately, some of the direct service staff and management within the immigration department lacked professionalism. They use intimidation and fear to lead people which obviously doesn't work. I would also say that the salary's were extremely low and benefits are just ok.

Advice to Management

Hire with the future in mind, when you find good people take care of them and do whatever you have to do in order to keep them. I believe people leave not because they want to but rather because they need to grow.

9. "Case Manager"

I have been working at Lutheran Services Florida full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly and supportive work environment. It feels like you're working with family. The supervisor and manager of the different programs are flexible and allow for creative solution ideas. I have not met any of the supervisors that micromanage.

Cons

Pay stays about the same. The computer system software everything with tech is well outdated with no money to replace an upgrade things unless it's in a contract. Elton Sherance is subsidized but not much. A lot of the buildings that stuff work in our rundown With no funding to fix up the buildings.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Come by the offices and visit C who UR so that there's a better connection. Don't ask us to continuously give to other nonprofit charities when we can barely pay her bills.

10. "Health and Safety Manager"

Former Employee - Interim Director in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Interim Director in Tampa, FL

I worked at Lutheran Services Florida (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work in the areas of social services.

Cons

There aren't too many opportunities for growth.