Luvocracy Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Luvocracy San Francisco Reviews

San Francisco, CA

1.3
Nathan Stoll

1. "Little respect for lower level employees and disorganized"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Luvocracy as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Start-up, interesting concept, work independently, casual dress, some flexibility with schedule

Cons

The management is out of touch with the employees doing the grunt work and there is seemingly little possibility of advancing in the company, as there exists a divide between these executives and entry level employees. The office is rarely stocked with snacks (even toilet paper) and is often dirty. Monotonous tasks, only important thing is completing them quickly.

Advice to Management

Allow entry-level employees to be responsible for more and to make them feel a part of the company as a whole, and maybe they will stick around for longer.

2. "Interesting concept, but horrible management and treatment"

Former Employee - Operations Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Luvocracy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual. Occasional catering. Easy commute.

Cons

Engineers are rude and put on a pedestal. Assistants never received appropriate raises. Communication was atrocious. Shifts were scheduled inefficiently despite several requests to change it. Uncomfortable environment. Do not expect to be treated equally or be given any proper introduction to the rest of the company. Teams are segregated in a bad way! Several issues with payment.

Advice to Management

For starters, basic respect for ALL of your employees would be nice. Just because one is not an engineer does not mean they are not valuable to the company. Consider actually listening to the people who are dealing with your customers on a daily basis. You'd be surprised by their understanding of what the problems are and their solutions to those problems.

3. "Things are not always as advertised"

Former Employee - Online Data Entry Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Online Data Entry Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Luvocracy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. I heard from other who had been there for a long time that getting time off approved was easy.

Cons

- Misinformed at interview regarding opportunity for advancement- there aren't any for low-level employees. Despite signing a contract as a temp-to-perm stating an "opportunity for FT employment after 6 months", there were people who had worked there for over a yr and were still not offered benefits nor a raise. Very stagnant job.

- Office infested with mice, roaches and flies. Often dirty.

- False advertising from the start- in spite of the benefits which the company boasts about on its website, we never saw any of these in the low-level employee office. We often did not have snacks, for eg, and we usually were out of bare necessities such as toilet paper and soap.

- higher mgmt VERY disconnected from low-level employees that do the basis work for the website to do what it is meant to do. I dont recall seeing my boss more than 3x since I was hired and most of us hadn't met anyone from the main office.

- general sense of being unappreciated by the company.

- very disorganized management.

Advice to Management

- be more inclusive to the people who do the grunt work; help them to feel like they are a part of the company. Their jobs may be basic but without them, you wouldn't have a functioning website.

- do not advertise or suggest that there are opportunities for advancement when there aren't. Most of us wouldn't have taken this position if we had known that we would be perpetually stuck at $12/hr.