KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.5
Luxe Valet CEO & Founder Curtis Lee
Curtis Lee

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible hours, taxi and dining credits during peak hours.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are nice(in 4 reviews)
  • "smart, dedicated and genuinely fun people(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

This was a great job, but the company is gone now

Jul 12, 2021 - Senior Valet in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was a great job!

Cons

The company is gone now...

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company Concept

Jun 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Crazy growth of the company in many cities with small team who worked tirelessly to do all the hiring Each city had strong management handling a very chaotic situation of hiring new valets while adding new clients

Cons

Each city had it's own requirements as well as different clients. Getting the costs aligned with profits proved more difficult with these differences.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun job

Jun 30, 2021 - Logistics Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, nice coworkers and never a dull moment.

Cons

Not enough training to prepare for the job. Management team knew nothing of the job and we were left to fend for ourselves.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great

Jul 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great service to work for

Cons

I wouldn’t put any cons upon them

5. 5.0

A Happy Software Engineer

Jul 14, 2015 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-As an engineer you will get to work with bleeding edge technology as well as work with an amazing team. -The product directors and other engineers are great leaders and team players. They don't play the blame game, they just work together to help each member succeed. -The upper management and operations managers are highly motivating and extremely smart. This is a company where you feel motivated and excited to come to work everyday.

Cons

-The office is awesome with a porch, games, and awesome decor, but the neighborhood is still up and coming, so the commute can sometimes introduce you to some of the more rough areas of San Francisco. -Not sure if this is a con, but Start-Ups require hard work, given that every week we want to beat the goals that are set for us.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Great people, huge potential

Aug 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- smart, dedicated and genuinely fun people - beautiful office space - solid executive team that listens - creating a new model that is disrupting a $40B/year industry - get to use the service for free - great brand and customers love the service...making people happy is pretty cool

Cons

- lots of work - it's a startup so be prepared to work hard and to do anything that needs to be done - since it's a new model and a new industry there is a lot of trial and error. It's fun, but can be challenging at times

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Luxe Valet - view from the streets

Mar 13, 2016 - Valet in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vast majority of customers are really cool, we have a very concerned management team (here in Chicago), they look out for us, and help us out a lot with changing schedules. They work a LOT trying to juggle dozens of valets. They're really supportive and work a lot of hours themselves. The app, to deliver/pickup cars is SO cool! The app to swap schedules, When I Work, is basically very reliable and easy to operate. Weekly Pay and prompt expense reimbursement Clear expectations: park and deliver cars with a positive attitude, help out your customers, be supportive of your fellow valets, show up on time. Hand warmers and snacks when it is cold. Make your own schedule, work as much, or as little as you want. $5 Extra pay for fueling a customer's car or having it washed Good support from the SF office when we have questions or need assistance.

Cons

A classic 1099, gig economy "job" with limited growth potential. However, recent promotions have been from "within". "Good" shifts can be hard to get, it's not uncommon to work mornings and then have hours off until your evening shift. Valets themselves sometimes hide away from the "action" and do nothing but collect their salary without making any effort to deliver cars. And make it harder on those who are left. If you fear Big Brother or have ANY hesitations about being tracked, this isn't for you. When you are on the clock the company knows where you are through your phone/the app.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Flexible Schedule & Perfect for My Fitbit!

Oct 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love that I get to choose my own schedule and work whenever I have time in between school and studying. I'm also all about my Fitbit steps and every day that I work here, I'm guaranteed to exceed my 15K daily step goal! Whoo! The rando bonuses they offer are also pretty sweet. Plus you can't beat the unlimited snacks.

Cons

Riding through the streets of the city, I see a lot of stuff. I wish I had some type of immunity from riding around all the bums. It's also hard sometimes to find a bathroom if I'm not near the office.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great concept but a lot of uncertainty.

May 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, enthusiastic, and friendly coworkers. Collaborative work environment with a terrific work/life balance. Awesome product/concept that showed a lot of potential.

Cons

Constant reorganization and realignment of company strategy with a ton of uncertainty right now. Insanely high amount of turnover. Unfortunately, C-Level management is not completely transparent and communication/ delivery (especially to other Geo's) is very poor.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Constant lies and no employee consideration

Oct 8, 2015 - Valet in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only take this job if you are young and have a lot of energy, oh yea and don't mind getting hurt. They have no benefits. I've fallen multiples times and not had anybody reach out. They ensured $25/hr when I started plus $50 extra for working fulltime. All that stopped. They bug you on you off days to come in, constantly txt you if you enter break mode, and make you pay $500 if you even scratch a car. Cool job for quick money but not recommended

Cons

Everything listed above is a con

8 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews

Luxe Valet Reviews FAQs

Luxe Valet has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 58 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Luxe Valet to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Luxe Valet employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Luxe Valet. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

51% of Luxe Valet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Luxe Valet 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Luxe Valet to be career development, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, benefits.