Luxottica Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Luxottica CEO Massimo Vian
Massimo Vian

Pros
Cons
  • No follow through with upper management (in 27 reviews)

• Work-life balance tends to favor work, not much room for mobility past coordinator level (in 12 reviews)

"Really Deteriorating work environment"

Current Employee - Director in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Mason, OH

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I used to love working for this company. The new company as shared by the global CEO last month is that Luxottica is not the same place. We move fast now. Things that took months now take days.

Cons

- Downsized so much people are working many nights and weekends to keep up
    - Leaders are changing direction so much it is hard to get a handle on a vision- there has been none shared
    - everyone is afraid to lose their job if they disagree with management
    - There is no opportunity for career growth at corporate
    - There is no training at all offered for corporate associates
    - The leaders of the company (presidents and Executive teams) are no longer visible or approachable
    - People feel they are being used up and will be discarded once they cannot keep up with the demands.

Advice to Management

Show your people you care about them instead of reducing the bottom line (their jobs). Show them the results matter, but people must make that happen. Tell them you appreciate them even once in a while. Get a vision out there and share it.

"Good company but bad management"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Luxottica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun industry, good camaraderie, and you learn a lot in a short time frame.

Cons

Poor management with a high resistance to change, one way communication, no transparency, poor recognition, and globally a low productivity due to a lack of organization leading to cyclic contradictions.
    The work/life balance can be also difficult to manage and the low curve pay disengages employees after a while (High turn over)

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and start collaborating instead of giving orders

"Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Brea, CA

Pros

None that i can think of

Cons

Micro managment to the max

Advice to Management

Just let us work

"WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Port Washington, NY

Pros

great discounts off eyewear
    PTO is good but you won't use them cause your manager will just deny your day's off
    nothing much positive about this place

Cons

You will be overworked and underpaid, and pay increases can only exist in your dreams
    hard work WILL NOT get recognized, which is why all the good workers leave
    management needs to read a ethics book on how to treat employees properly
    Managers will never be content with anything no matter how well anyone produces and are only concerned about how many more hours can you work after your regular shift

Advice to Management

stop treating everyone like garbage and make adjustments by listening to your lower staff
    start giving raises to your staff
    Bad morale at every corner of this company

6. "Luxoticca is the BORG"

Former Employee - Licensed Optician in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Optician in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Luxottica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good on the job lab training

Cons

Treats their employees like dirth

Advice to Management

Respect your staff

"No work-life balance, cut-throat bosses, no breaks, and working off the clock... Stay away!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Discount. That's literally it. I can't really think of too much more than that, it was pretty rough working for Sunglass Hut.

Cons

I worked many hours off the clock. I worked extra early on Thanksgiving. I had to rely on wishy-washy workers during the holiday season who made big promises but failed to deliver. I was literally left by myself after two quick days of training and I didn't do very well.. big surprise. I was constantly worrying about the schedule, whether my staff would show up, and when my boss would drop in on me at any moment looking to catch me doing something I shouldn't be doing. She would literally jump out at me from some random place and scare me. Being a bit of a nervous person, this drove me absolutely crazy and caused me immense stress. My regional was crazy as all get out and would verbally abuse you and make you feel like scum on the bottom of her shoe if you confronted her with an issue. I had no guidance, I was always guessing when upper management would show up because they didn't like me to know when they were coming but if my schedule didn't fit what they had in mind they would not hesitate to call me in on a day off or whatever. I was constantly having things stolen left and right and was reprimanded harshly every time though it didn't matter who was there, it kept happening. High turnover, fake people above me who made me feel like I was exiled and alone. This job nearly killed me. Working 7 days a week, I had to call someone from corporate to cover me when I had no other option because I was physically ill and run down. I felt like I had to sweep things under the rug to get by and the company culture was being constantly stressed and half drunk or popping pills. I just couldn't do it. This was a dark time in my life, all because of my job! Leaving lifted a weight off of my shoulders. I never felt like I fit in and walking around in circles all alone all day long drained me. I could hardly go to the bathroom because I couldn't take breaks. That's not right.

Advice to Management

I don't even care. I just am glad to be rid of such an awful company.

8. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Good pay
    cool coworkers
    Nice store
    Trying on sunglasses

Cons

They push you to makes sells and follow people around badgering them

Advice to Management

Do better

"solid company but terrible management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrick, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrick, NY

I worked at Luxottica (More than a year)

Pros

global company, great exposure, nice product, no room for advancement

Cons

no guidance, disorganized, lack of management, no work/life balance, arrogant italians,

"Don't work for Luxottica ever"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has a great (yet illegal) non-profit that it uses to help the impoverished see.

Cons

The work requirements are ridiculous and unsupportable if you do not work 70 hours a week in the IT department. IT personnel are considered second class citizens and underpayed. I doubled my income when I left there.

Advice to Management

I would strongly suggest that you change to a system where you place values on skills and caring rather than promoting the parasitic and utilitarian

"Sunglass hut"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Internal promotion to Managment after 9 months, good commission (when your team is not crap)

Cons

They make it very hard to succeed, they will do anything and everything to remove you from the company if they dislike your opinion. I was all for SGH everything they stood for until I realized how under paid, under valued me and my whole team were. I worked countless hours off the clock to meet up with the demand y'all had and the short time frames you expected them done. Start practicing what y'all preach be there for the employees give them a competitive pay scale the amount of money you make on these glasses is absurd. Commission should be based on the individual not as a team that's a way for you guys not to pay out your commission and make great talent feel wanted instead of that they are doing all the work which is the case in many stores.

Advice to Management

Fix what you are doing, you can't expect every store to comp 9% yearly or 30 after a remodel that's nuts. Be fair, stop being fake and do better. Be better.