Luxottica Reviews | Glassdoor

Luxottica CEO Massimo Vian
Massimo Vian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management completely out of touch with reality and marketplace (in 33 reviews)

• Work-life balance was a little off at times (in 14 reviews)

"This is the worst place to work"

Former Employee - E-Comm in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - E-Comm in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing is good about this place... You can give free sunglasses all day, still doesn't help with the Management they have

Cons

There are so many. Jobs are being outsourced overseas! Hardly any work in the Mason, OH office. I expect that the doors will close at any time. How can a company keep employees when they do not have work for them to do. Customer Care has gone out the window. They absolutely do not care about customers. There is no professionalism at all. Fowl language is the norm and nothing is done about it. What can you expect when Supervisors being hired are in their early 20's and it is a party like atmosphere? I have never worked in an atmosphere like this in my lifetime and I do not ever want to work for a company like Luxottica. There are no morals and no values, what so ever. Not to mention if you are seeking g employment outside the company and the find out, you will be walked out ... Not to mention they have a huge problem with refunding customers money or even giving out home office checks that don't bounce......

Advice to Management

DONT HIRE 19-20 YEAR OLDS TO RUN THE SHOW. RHEY HAVE ZERO WORK HISTORY YET THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR BRANDS.. TOTAL B. S

"Very poorly run organization."

Current Employee - Project Manager in McDonough, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in McDonough, GA

I have been working at Luxottica full-time

Pros

Fair communication on the front end. Up front recruiters are pretty good at communicating with you. Ok pay for what you deal with.

Cons

Poor follow up and defined guidelines of interview structure. Interview was a joke, no structure or feedback. Very little organization here....

Advice to Management

Present people with guidelines, answer asked questions, don't get up in the middle of an interview. Get leadership in line and you will get good people to work for you. Be organized.

"Feel bad for employees"

I have been working at Luxottica full-time

Pros

It is a big company

Cons

- management is always changing their minds
    - very political
    - constant struggle between NA and Milan headquarters
    - HR practices are dismal- lay offs occur every 6 months
    - no longevity in employees
    - constant restructures

"VERY TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are NONE! Even with discounts on glasses, it doesn't make up for the toxic work environment!

Cons

There are so many. Jobs are being outsourced overseas! Hardly any work in the Mason, OH office. I expect that the doors will close at any time. How can a company keep employees when they do not have work for them to do. Customer Care has gone out the window. They absolutely do not care about customers. There is no professionalism at all. Fowl language is the norm and nothing is done about it. What can you expect when Supervisors being hired are in their early 20's and it is a party like atmosphere? I have never worked in an atmosphere like this in my lifetime and I do not ever want to work for a company like Luxottica. There are no morals and no values, what so ever!

Advice to Management

You need to grow up! You need to hire experienced and qualified Managers and Supervisors! You need to bring work back to the US or close the doors!

"Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, but not worth it.

Cons

CEO in Italy unilaterally makes all strategic decisions for U.S. market. Key leaders in North America have been fired or asked to leave, then replaced by Italians. Used to be a great company, but has changed dramatically for the worse in the past 2 years.

"Look Some Place Else"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Luxottica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only Pro, a free pair of glasses per year.

Cons

Management are brutes. In my opinion, management is talentless, insensitive, offish knuckle draggers. If you cant work anywhere else, you can work at Lux.

Advice to Management

It's time to leave the dark ages. There's a whole generation of employees out there that aren't going to put up with your crap.

"Inventory Planner"

Former Employee - Planner in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Planner in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once this was amongst the best places a person could work, now I would be hard pressed to come up with any examples that could be used as justification for anyone to work at Luxottica.

Cons

I worked at Luxottica in the North American headquarters for many years. I watched our stock soar from $35 to $75 dollars under the leadership of some of the most intelligent minds I have ever met. Then I saw a selfish dispute start between the leadership and the company owner. I then witnessed dozens of during at the executive level, followed by hundreds more all over. This is the behavior of a company in peril, not a category killer toting an 80% margin on its goods. To put it short and sweet, this company is under new management, they will use your, burn you out, fire you and replace you with nothing reassembling a care for another human. If you are considering this company, I implore you to turn around and run as fast as your feet will carry you.

Advice to Management

I know better then to believe this will do anything. But if I could be heard, I would ask management to once again care for the people who put their blood sweat and tears into the building if what was a great company with a tremendous culture.

"Just a bad company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eyewear would be a pro, but since Luxottica automatically marks up 100% it is no deal.

Cons

there is a complete disconnect between upper management and the people who do the work. since this is an Italian company, initiatives are brought from projects in Italy, Brazil, and China ETC to the US...but unlike any other successful company, luxottica does not adapt. This could be a great, fun company to work for. However the company is not safe to work for, is not reasonable and is not fun.

Advice to Management

Advise to US counterparts means nothing as the upper management from italy does not empower and completely micromanages.
    An empathetic, reasonable, personable, enigmatic leader is sorely needed as the current management is completely out of touch. The culture at the company is toxic.

"Lab Technician"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Luxottica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Largest name in Eyewear with world wide reknown.

Cons

Corporate initiative lacks innovation especially when marketing "trends" seem borrowed from the competition.

"Company that has lost its roots"

Pros

I learned a lot about optics. The growth potential seemed ok until they decided to go with outside hires for all their positions to save on payrate

Cons

The company is closing its labs across the us and from the drop in sales it looks as if they will be closing down alot of stores as well