Luxottica Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management completely out of touch with reality and marketplace (in 32 reviews)

• Work-life balance tends to favor work, not much room for mobility past coordinator level (in 13 reviews)

"My experience at Luxottica has been positive! Being under a well rounder management team, were all able to strive!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Holyoke, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission, fun, flexibility! Free pair every year! If you have a great manager, and team you will strive! Learning about brands and what they have to offer, this is a great company to work for!

Cons

Single coverage most of the time, and do not always make commission on sales. Being under poor management can cause tension, and negativity!

Advice to Management

Celebrate your team! Make the work environment comfortable but professional

"Inventory Planner"

Former Employee - Planner in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Planner in Mason, OH

I worked at Luxottica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once this was amongst the best places a person could work, now I would be hard pressed to come up with any examples that could be used as justification for anyone to work at Luxottica.

Cons

I worked at Luxottica in the North American headquarters for many years. I watched our stock soar from $35 to $75 dollars under the leadership of some of the most intelligent minds I have ever met. Then I saw a selfish dispute start between the leadership and the company owner. I then witnessed dozens of during at the executive level, followed by hundreds more all over. This is the behavior of a company in peril, not a category killer toting an 80% margin on its goods. To put it short and sweet, this company is under new management, they will use your, burn you out, fire you and replace you with nothing reassembling a care for another human. If you are considering this company, I implore you to turn around and run as fast as your feet will carry you.

Advice to Management

I know better then to believe this will do anything. But if I could be heard, I would ask management to once again care for the people who put their blood sweat and tears into the building if what was a great company with a tremendous culture.

"Just a bad company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Eyewear would be a pro, but since Luxottica automatically marks up 100% it is no deal.

Cons

there is a complete disconnect between upper management and the people who do the work. since this is an Italian company, initiatives are brought from projects in Italy, Brazil, and China ETC to the US...but unlike any other successful company, luxottica does not adapt. This could be a great, fun company to work for. However the company is not safe to work for, is not reasonable and is not fun.

Advice to Management

Advise to US counterparts means nothing as the upper management from italy does not empower and completely micromanages.
    An empathetic, reasonable, personable, enigmatic leader is sorely needed as the current management is completely out of touch. The culture at the company is toxic.

"There are growing deficiencies in the organization. Italy is purging, but the method is turning small warts into cancer."

I have been working at Luxottica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good; hidden gems and talent here and there; good growth opportunities, but now only if you are Italian.

Cons

Company turning into a barbaric dictatorship; more politics than doers; disconnect between lower and upper management; non-sustainable talent mining; exhausting environment.

Advice to Management

If you setup an organization to show true care and affection for the people, they will return the favor and make your investments worthwhile. This then would be the start of a healthy work lifecycle.

"Lab Technician"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Luxottica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Largest name in Eyewear with world wide reknown.

Cons

Corporate initiative lacks innovation especially when marketing "trends" seem borrowed from the competition.

6. "Great place to work at"

I worked at Luxottica full-time

Pros

flexible with scheduling, decent pay

Cons

environment wasn't my favorite, but managable.

Advice to Management

none!

"Company that has lost its roots"

Pros

I learned a lot about optics. The growth potential seemed ok until they decided to go with outside hires for all their positions to save on payrate

Cons

The company is closing its labs across the us and from the drop in sales it looks as if they will be closing down alot of stores as well

8. "Great company"

I worked at Luxottica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company with great benefits

Cons

Basic Call Center Issues - short break times

9. "Growth and opportunities"

I have been working at Luxottica full-time

Pros

The opportunity to grow with a growing company.

Cons

Standing for long hours, but your body will adjust in a few weeks.

"Interesting experience working here. Pretty basic work, I worked a machine that coated lenses."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Luxottica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simple work, meet interesting people, management is nice, morning shift was great, people are helpful if you ask for help

Cons

Pay is not so great but work isn't that hard. Must be on time or at least 10 minutes before your shift or else you get a mark up. They don't play around.