Cover image for Luxury Living

82% Recommend to a Friend
77% Approve of CEO

Found 28 of over 35 reviews

4.5
Luxury Living CEO and Co-Founder Aaron Galvin (no image)
Aaron Galvin

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

939 Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Luxury Living~1880869
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Excellent Place to Work

Nov 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, inspiring work, fast-paced, no day is the same

Cons

The workload can be heavy at times

Experience Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience working at Luxury Living Chicago Realty. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy the people that you work with. We hire based on our Core Values to make sure that we have the right people in the right seats. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the fast-paced nature of your job and getting to focus on different tasks and projects regularly. We understand that workloads can be heavy at times, especially in a fast-paced environment. We welcome and encourage you to have a conversation with your manager when your workload is feeling unmanageable, so you can be provided with more support and resources. We value your feedback and please don't hesitate to continue to let us know about your experience at Luxury Living Chicago Realty so we can continue to grow and provide best-in-class experiences for all of our team members.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Broker Beware!

Apr 16, 2022 - Leasing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay and benefits for salaried employees

Cons

The problem stems from the top down; The owners and executive team lack genuine compassion and understanding when it comes to personal situations that arise in their salaried employees’ lives. During my time at Luxury Living, I witnessed several terminations that immediately followed life events in which employees utilized the so-called unlimited PTO policy. Some of these events included paternity leave to bond with newly adopted twins, bereavement for the death of a parent, and an early case of COVID-19. In general, there is a high rate of turnover in real estate, however that rate is exponentially higher at LLCR. Simply compare the individual team bio page to the larger group photos and you will quickly notice just how many employees have departed after realizing that the core values that are constantly ingrained into the team, are a joke. The core values—Invest in the Vision, Teamwork, and Solution Focused Communication—are often used to gaslight those who challenge questionable business practices, as not being a team player. Several former team members have left the company citing a lack of urgency in bonus or commission payout and work conditions not aligning with their independent contractor status (ie: required onsite work schedules while receiving no compensation for their time). Overall, Luxury Living Chicago Realty is not a company that I would recommend to any real estate professional looking to make a change.

Chief Culture Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and express your concerns about your time at Luxury Living Chicago Realty. We appreciate you sharing your perspective of outlying situations while a team member. The situations you mentioned happened several years ago and involved extenuating circumstances beyond what you provided in your review, and you were not directly involved in those matters. Unfortunately, we can not, and would never, share any details with the larger team as to why a team member separated from the company, as they are personal and confidential matters. Regardless, we always take experiences and learn and grow from them. We always want to improve, and tough times lead to future improvements. As for our Core Values, we abide by them entirely. Our core values are how we hire, incentivize, and promote team members. We frame our conversations around these values because it provides a foundation for understanding where misalignments occur. Sometimes our core values, or lack thereof, indicate why we need to let a team member go. We also celebrate our team with our annual Core Value awards. At this time, our company team photo does not match the bio pages because we haven’t been able to take a new company photo in over two years due to Covid. We are so excited because we just gathered to capture an updated image last week! There is turnover in any organization, and there is also longevity. We have celebrated 13-team members’ five-year anniversaries in the past few years and have four more coming up this year! In addition, we have had very minimal turnover during the past 6 months. Where the great resignation has impacted nearly all companies, LLCR has worked even more to ensure stability. We are fully aware that working at our company will not be for everyone. Especially at a smaller company, a team member’s lack of fit or departure may seem more evident than at a larger company. As for timelines for commission payments, this is an area where we have received feedback and have worked hard to make changes. Being in a commissioned-based role can be challenging to wait for client payments, and we try to educate our team members upfront about the timeline and possible wait times. The good news is that we continue to improve payment timelines for our IC team members and have recently rolled out new technology that provides even more transparency on commission status and payments. Like any organization that has been in business for 15-years, there are ups and downs. This is especially true in times of rapid growth, which is when you were with our organization. We appreciate your patience during this time, and while you are no longer here, we thank you for being part of the journey. As for Rachel, she was a highly valued and hardworking member of our team. We would not be where we are today without her, and we thank her for her contributions while in her role with the company. As for myself (Amy Galvin), thank you for sharing your perspective. It’s not easy to put my voice out there. As a leader, I believe sharing my story is an act of service and can help others learn from my experiences. I recently transitioned my role at LLCR to Chief Culture Officer and have rolled out employee engagement software where we survey our employees every two weeks on various workplace topics. This software helps us gather anonymous feedback to ensure we are on the right track and make changes when we aren’t. Also, as an owner and co-founder of the company, my door is always open to anyone who wants to speak directly to me. If you would like to further discuss your concerns from your review we would welcome an in-person conversation, please feel free to reach out to info@luxurylivingchicago.com so that can be scheduled.

3. Join the Luxury Living team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Working for a "Visionary"

Mar 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The staff was full of dedicated, smart, and funny individuals who were usually more than willing to help each other out - The opportunity to provide feedback via anonymous surveys and quarterly check-ins with management - There is a growth mindset with an emphasis on skill-building

Cons

- What prompted me to write the review is that the CEO has recently been featured on a few podcasts talking about the "difficulties" of 2019 (30 people left or were fired, 7 apparently required legal counsel). It was disappointing to hear blame placed on individuals "feeling like they were no longer the most important person in the company" and not a reflection on leadership or company culture. I recall asking directly about this churn at the time and was not given any straight answers beyond "it's nothing to worry about", so we were all just left to the office gossip. As a former employee, it feels very odd hearing Aaron talking about this for the first time, especially framed the way it was . - A lot of promises were made during the summer of 2020 to focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. I think the only thing that came of all of this was a mostly-hidden addition of a "DEI Commitment" statement to the website that to this day starts off with "now in 2020..." so, clearly still not a priority. - I often felt I was not working for Luxury Living Chicago Realty and instead was working for "Aaron Galvin - The Visionary"

5. 5.0

Great Company with Drive and a Vision

Jul 7, 2020 - Leasing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open Communication, hard working employees, organized meetings

Cons

honestly, I haven' found one yet

Experience Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience at Luxury Living Chicago Realty. We love to hear when our employees can feel the drive and vision of the company. It’s because of the drive and energy of everyone at Luxury Living Chicago Realty that we are able to reach our vision and we thank you for being such a large part of that. We know that the best way to be successful is to have open communication and we always look to our Solution Focused Communication core value to ensure that we have organized meetings where everyone is leaving feeling accomplished and with the knowledge to continue their success. We look forward to continuing to watch you grow with Luxury Living Chicago Realty and celebrating your accomplishments.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Revolving Door

Nov 4, 2019 - Real Estate Agent in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a chance you can make good money but you need to be prepared to have zero work/life balance.

Cons

- poor management: the owners are in the office Mon to Thurs from 10:30am to 6pm and claim to never be available. Managing broker owns the company and will never be available to assist or manage. - commissions are always changing!!! Be careful signing any documents! I highly recommend having an attorney review EVERYTHING before signing. - over promise and under deliver. They'll tell you everything you want to hear in the interview then underdeliver, which is why they have a very high turnover. - My personal favorite, they'll constantly ask you to "trust the vision" aka they'll throw huge curveballs every quarter and you can't ask questions. - I warn you to be careful. I've worked for many companies and worked here for five years and never experienced such poor ownership.

4 people found this review helpful

Experience Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review your employment at Luxury Living Chicago Realty and we are sorry that you did not have the positive experience that we strive to give all of our team members. Not only do we consider everyone at Luxury Living family, but we also understand that family outside of work is even more important. Because of that schedules are accommodated to make sure that those important moments like getting ready for school don’t have to be missed everyday. Whether physically in the office or not, everyone at Luxury Living has a similar strong work ethic and makes themselves available to the people who need them whether that be via a phone call or in-person meeting. As the company grows both with exclusive projects and team members the commission structure may be adjusted to reflect that. The Leadership Team works hard to appropriately disseminate that information with the reasons for change and makes sure to be available for any questions or concerns. One of the company’s Core Values is having Solution Focused Communication and when these discussions need to happen we focus on this Core Value. Another Core Value that is important to our company is having Investment in the Vision. To help ensure that our team members are invested in the vision we hold a State of the Company every quarter where the Leadership Team and other team members share the highlights of the last quarter and what to look forward to in the next quarter. The energy at these meetings is always inspiring and many great questions are asked and answered to ensure everyone is aligned with the company’s vision. Please know that we appreciate all feedback even if it is not favorable so we can continue to grow and learn from our team members. If you would like to further discuss your concerns while at Luxury Living Chicago Realty, we invite you to send us an email at info@luxurylivingchicago.com.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best of the Best

Aug 1, 2019 - Senior Broker/Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been selling and renting real estate for 25 years. I have worked for family owned companies and corporate companies. I have never experienced so much support and such a great team atmosphere as with Luxury Living Chicago Realty. I am proud to work for Aaron and Amy Galvin. They are very impressive as individuals and as owners. LLCR is at the forefront of cutting edge leasing and sales strategies and has proven to be the best of the best in Chicago. Leadership team holds impressive quarterly meetings to discuss company goals and how everyone, including ownership, is accountable to everyone. The company culture and core values are outstanding. The sales agents are also the best of the best and are a pleasure to work with. I am so happy to have landed here and plan to be here for many years to come!

Cons

I'd tell you if there were any...but there aren't!

2 people found this review helpful

Experience Manager

Thank you so much for your kinds words about your experience at Luxury Living, we are equally as lucky to have you on our team! We are thrilled to hear how valuable you find our State of the Company meetings. You have a true investment in our vision and we thank you for that! We work hard to live up to our core values every day in the work that we do and with clients and amongst our employees and it always feels good when that is noticed. We look forward to many more years with you on the team and celebrating all of our successes together!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company

Apr 17, 2019 - Broker Associate in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Truly knowledgeable, smart, go-getter leadership that is also caring and genuine -No “winging it” here. Everything is calculated and intentional. -Staffed with only amazing humans -Every possible tool/system/process available, and then some -Exclusive properties give the employees an (almost unfair) advantage to succeed

Cons

-Too much junk food from vendors etc, lol

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Doesn't Value their Employees

Feb 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Not your everyday desk-job - Access to luxury rental properties - Cool River North office - A young and casual work environment

Cons

- Expect their employees to "invest in their vision", but their "vision" is constantly changing in drastic ways making it hard to "invest" - Promise a lot of things when you first get hired and don't deliver - Constant turnover - Only value employees that are willing to work 24/7; don't respect your time/days off/life outside of work - Management and Ownership have a different set of standards for themselves as opposed to the rest of their employees - Doesn't promote from within; never felt job security - Doesn' value their employees; company parties always felt like just another way to advance their social media presence

4 people found this review helpful

Experience Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and express your concerns about your time at Luxury Living Chicago Realty. We are sorry to hear that you found it difficult to invest in the vision of the company. We work hard to be as transparent as possible and to get the company excited about our vision because we know that is the best way to keep everyone engaged. While plans to work toward the vision may change as projects evolve, the vision always remains the same. Regarding your concern around constant staff turn over, we actually pride ourselves on the longevity of our hardworking loyal staff. We enjoy celebrating work anniversaries and milestones. As with every company, not all employees are the right fit for a company and not all companies are the right fit for their employees. Due to the nature of the real estate business, often times your hours are not a typical 9-5 and you may be asked to check on things after hours or potentially on a day off. However, because real estate is commission based, it behooves employees to want to be aware of what is happening with their clients and buildings. The leadership and management teams always lead by example and never expect employees to do things that they themselves would not or have not done. We love to throw events for our employees because we completely understand the importance of unwinding after a crazy day and who best to do that with than your coworkers?!?! While we enjoy documenting these events to look back on we do not throw events for publicity. If you would like to further discuss your concerns from your review we would welcome an in-person conversation please feel free to reach out to info@luxurylivingchicago.com so that can be scheduled.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Intern

Oct 20, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing atmosphere! Best experience.

Cons

None! Loved it. Amazing experience.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Luxury Living Chicago is here to help every step of the way.

Sep 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Dedication to growth / learning / success / excellence - Strong core values that run the company from top to bottom - Continues to ask questions about how we can do it better - Systems / organization / discipline / passion

Cons

Can't think of any.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews
</>Embed

Luxury Living Reviews FAQs

Luxury Living has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Luxury Living to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Luxury Living employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Luxury Living. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

82% of Luxury Living employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Luxury Living 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Luxury Living to be career development, management, culture and the cons to be benefits .

Popular Careers with Luxury Living Job Seekers