Lyft Contract Driver Reviews | Glassdoor

Lyft CEO Logan Green
Logan Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Wear and tear on the car isn’t fun" (in 81 reviews)

• "poor rating system; inconsistent bonus system" (in 70 reviews)

1. "Contract Driver"

Current Freelancer - Driver/Contract in San Antonio, TX
    Current Freelancer - Driver/Contract in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lyft (More than 3 years)

Pros

Driving with Lyft is easy and fun. You decide when and how long you work. You can always have full control and Lyft customers have been great overall. Your helping your community while earning a flexible income towards what your goals may be. Easy, fun, rewarding.

Cons

Being that it’s on your terms and you decide to work or not. I do not see any cons

Advice to Management

Great job in creating a fun community. Keep an eye on rising fuel costs and costs to run a good ride for customers. If rates need to increase because of rising costs please be aware.

"Driver"

Current Freelancer - Contract Driver in Seattle, WA
    Current Freelancer - Contract Driver in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Very few. They have the rider pics on their app. That's about it.

Cons

Uses Google maps as the only option. Rarely works correctly. Absolutely no way to easily contact support. Pre-scheduled ride information does not account for traffic. Posted pay is misleading; stated full amount collected rather than what the driver earns. Their location in Seattle is extremely difficult to get to. No parking anywhere. The office stinks, literally; bad smell.

Advice to Management

Stop misleading potential drivers with your inaccurate salary promises. Move your office in Seattle to someplace accessible. Use a map app that actually works.

3. "Contract Driver"

Current Freelancer - Contract Driver in San Diego, CA
    Current Freelancer - Contract Driver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lyft (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make your own hours.

Cons

Work 80 plus hours a week.

4. "One of the most irresponsible companies I have ever encountered"

Former Freelancer - Contract Driver
    Former Freelancer - Contract Driver

I worked at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

There may have been some once. Sadly, it's hard to recall with the overwhelming volume of grossly negligent and malicious things Lyft has done since.

Cons

Apparently, pointing out a problem is a reason to be ignored. For months I have tried to get Lyft to respond to a huge number of issues. They refuse. They ignore. The massively mislead the public. They fraudulent induce and misrepresent. They falsely advertise. They violate consumer security. They are still violating an FCC order/mandate against them by forcing consumers / bombarding / invading the privacy of consumers with text messages.

I presume I went from current to former contractor since Lyft has made it so that I can't work and won't respond. I am still debating about publishing/disclosing all of the nonsense, so I am ending it here, at least for now. I wish I had never heard of Lyft and wouldn't wish their services for consumers or contractors on my "worst enemy". Lyft disgusts me. It is, quite literally, making me feel sick to my stomach thinking about them, which is partly why I am ending it here for now.

Advice to Management

Start taking steps towards integrity or shut down your business for the benefit of the public.

5. "Lyft Driver"

Current Contractor - Contract Driver in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Contract Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The flexibility is the main reason Lyft can keep on so many drivers. In San Francisco, drivers do not have to schedule their hours, they just turn on the app and drive. This makes driving for Lyft awesome if you're a student or just back in the job market. The pay isn't fixed, you can make as low as $15/hr on slow days and up to $30/hr on busy days.

Cons

There really aren't much perks or any benefits, driving for Lyft. They offer phone line discounts on selected phone carriers and discounts on tax software. The tax software isn't much of a perk, seeing as how Lyft should be providing more tax information to their drivers in the first place. There are no health benefits and drivers pay their own social security, making the advertised hourly wage realistically MUCH lower.

Advice to Management

Offer more perks and real benefits to seasoned/veteran drivers, mainly health care. Health care has become much more expensive the last couple of years and for me, makes this "gig" a deal breaker.