Lyft Marketing Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2020

3.7
Lyft CEO Logan Green
Logan Green

"Couldn't be happier here with Lyft."

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Lyft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong team environment. Everyone wants to help see you succeed. I've been surprised by some of the genuinely supportive and helpful team members I work with directly that also includes upper management. Progressive company. I am proud to work for a tech-driven, progressive company that encompasses progressive and forward-thinking views as it relates to business and the interpersonal relationships and lives of its staff. I feel accepted. I appreciate Lyft's inclusion efforts and causes they support as a company. They take care of their employees and make an effort to listen and provide feedback. Lyft's benefits package is one of the best I've received.

Cons

I can't think of many cons if any. It is a high performing environment. Be up for the challenge and prepared to put in the work for your success.

2. "Decent Company"

Former Employee - Market Operations Associate in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Lyft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits with decent pay scale

Cons

Markets outside of California, Illinois, and New York are often ignored.

3. "Good company, terrible marketing department"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lyft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture and values. Some of the best people I've worked with. Lots of candy.

Cons

Marketing leadership has changed more than 4 times over the course of two years. Inconsistent, and indecisive. Lots of candy.

4. "Mission-driven, strong leadership, competitive"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Lyft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compared to other companies of its size, the leadership team did not shift as much as I would have expected - especially for a younger company. John and Logan are great leaders - transparent, authentic, doing what's right. Lyft made me felt like I belonged and I was always challenged in the competitive environment. Strong values -- they were always emphasized and reiterated, not just messages on the wall. If you care about transportation and redefining cities around people instead of cars, Lyft is the best company you can work for in this space.

Cons

More junior folks trying to prove themselves; always felt like they needed to voice their opinion. Growing pains in terms of high-growth startup pre-IPO years, so processes would shift all the time and cause a ton of churn.

5. "Good opportunity to grow in a fast paced environment"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Lyft full-time

Pros

Working with dedicated team members

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity on local level

6. "Well intentioned but chaotic"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Lyft full-time

Pros

CEO is well intentioned. Culture is generally friendly.

Cons

Lack of direction around goals for marketing, stemming from unclear expectations from senior leadership. As senior leaders have been brought in from outside, politics and in-fighting continue to grow.

"Idealistic startup that doesn't feel that small"

2.0
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft full-time

Pros

Solid PM, data, and eng orgs Health insurance not bad, Lyft credit is good Generally good execution and things move fast Lots of experienced leadership joining from other companies

Cons

Feels penny smart and pound foolish: No 401k match, low salary compared to other companies Focus on feelings and sentiment over practicality and quality (ie things like car quality) Not sure what the local teams do and why we have so many of them. People get defensive when this is asked. It's not like we are managing different countries with different cultures, this is cities in the same country. Not a fun environment. I don't see many people hanging out at work. It feels super politically correct and sjw. Supporting functions like marketing and ops aren't that good

Continue reading
  8. "The highlight of my career"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A true focus and commitment to company values, both internally and externally - Many opportunities for creating impact, project ownership, and career growth - Incredibly talented, diverse, and kind co-workers - Excellent transit benefits, catered meals, and monthly Lyft credits - Great health coverage, including mental health resources

Cons

- Interdepartmental communication sometimes isn't as strong as it could be - Better resourcing could improve team performance

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at Lyft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is very focused on personal development, and management (at least in my office) is extremely receptive to taking the time to discuss growth opportunities. Never a dull day, and I always feel supported by all members of my team. I really appreciate the cross collaboration amongst departments, as well. The upper tier of management at the company is unusually transparent, and I feel aware of what goes on at Headquarters.

Cons

Not all positions are well made to fit into a clear career development path. Would not recommend joining the company at any entry level position, because there is little opportunity to transfer departments if you don't start in a field you enjoy.

"Huge Tech/Non-Tech Disparity and Poor Management Talent Fueled by Hypergrowth"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lyft full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with are great and the mission is inspiring. "Free" Lyft Credits was one of the best perks, although not really free as they are taxable.

Cons

If you're not on the tech side of the company, you're a nobody... which is reflected in compensation, career outlook, and highlighted/championed company objectives. The hyper growth of the company has led to an increase of managers who never should have become managers to begin with; you'll find more people leaving their bosses here than leaving their jobs. There is no concrete process to identify or remove poor managers; which usually comes down to nothing more than one's word against the other's. The kool aid goes sour fast here as there is a huge focus on culture, without much action to back it up – especially if you're not in their San Francisco HQ office.

Found 13 reviews