Lyft Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 8 reviews

3.8
Lyft CEO Logan Green
Logan Green

"Couldn't be happier here with Lyft."

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Lyft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong team environment. Everyone wants to help see you succeed. I've been surprised by some of the genuinely supportive and helpful team members I work with directly that also includes upper management. Progressive company. I am proud to work for a tech-driven, progressive company that encompasses progressive and forward-thinking views as it relates to business and the interpersonal relationships and lives of its staff....

Cons

I can't think of many cons if any. It is a high performing environment. Be up for the challenge and prepared to put in the work for your success.

Advice to Management

Thanks, y'all!

Lyft2018-10-16

"Idealistic startup that doesn't feel that small"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft full-time

Pros

Solid PM, data, and eng orgs Health insurance not bad, Lyft credit is good Generally good execution and things move fast Lots of experienced leadership joining from other companies

Cons

Feels penny smart and pound foolish: No 401k match, low salary compared to other companies Focus on feelings and sentiment over practicality and quality (ie things like car quality) Not sure what the local teams do and why we have so many of them. People get defensive when this is asked. It's not like we are managing different countries with different cultures, this is cities in the same country. Not a fun environment....

Advice to Management

Pay at the top of the market or at least close to it. SF is a competitive market. What's the next thing? Ride share in the US is nearly saturated. We need new verticals and adjacent businesses. Don't hold all hands so late in the afternoon.

Lyft2019-02-13
  3. "The highlight of my career"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A true focus and commitment to company values, both internally and externally - Many opportunities for creating impact, project ownership, and career growth - Incredibly talented, diverse, and kind co-workers - Excellent transit benefits, catered meals, and monthly Lyft credits - Great health coverage, including mental health resources

Cons

- Interdepartmental communication sometimes isn't as strong as it could be - Better resourcing could improve team performance

Advice to Management

As we scale, strive to find a better balance between the top-down and bottom-up strategies that we implement to achieve business goals more efficiently

Lyft2018-10-15
  4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate

I have been working at Lyft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is very focused on personal development, and management (at least in my office) is extremely receptive to taking the time to discuss growth opportunities. Never a dull day, and I always feel supported by all members of my team. I really appreciate the cross collaboration amongst departments, as well. The upper tier of management at the company is unusually transparent, and I feel aware of what goes on at Headquarters.

Cons

Not all positions are well made to fit into a clear career development path. Would not recommend joining the company at any entry level position, because there is little opportunity to transfer departments if you don't start in a field you enjoy.

Lyft2018-10-12

"Huge Tech/Non-Tech Disparity and Poor Management Talent Fueled by Hypergrowth"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lyft full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with are great and the mission is inspiring. "Free" Lyft Credits was one of the best perks, although not really free as they are taxable.

Cons

If you're not on the tech side of the company, you're a nobody... which is reflected in compensation, career outlook, and highlighted/championed company objectives. The hyper growth of the company has led to an increase of managers who never should have become managers to begin with; you'll find more people leaving their bosses here than leaving their jobs. There is no concrete process to identify or remove poor...

Advice to Management

Champion the 'business side' of the company. Create a transparent and actionable system to help team members who have been paired with abusive managers.

Lyft2018-04-10

"Great Place to work - be prepared to be challenged"

Current Employee - Market Manager

I have been working at Lyft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome culture, fulfilling work, intellectually exciting initiatives you are charged with solving

Cons

Very much a startup, so conventional corporate processes are still being defined. Can't really complain - I love the fact that the company is very flat

Advice to Management

More transparency around career advancement opportunities

Lyft2017-11-28
  7. "Couldn't imagine working anywhere else"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly smart people, so much growth potential, super transparent management

Cons

Definitely some growing pains but that's expected

Lyft2017-08-30

"Great if you're into startups, not structure"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lyft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, dedicated to what they do, cool concept, great if you crave the startup culture

Cons

Lack of structure, still figuring it out, tug of war bw HQ and local offices, pay isn't great for the area,

Advice to Management

I think Lyft is good for how their brand is set up. However, there should be more awareness of local demographics.

Lyft2016-06-03