Lyft Professional Driver Reviews | Glassdoor

Logan Green
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Wear and tear on the car isn’t fun" (in 86 reviews)

• "poor rating system; inconsistent bonus system" (in 72 reviews)

1. "Lyft review"

Current Freelancer - Professional Driver in Boston, MA
    Current Freelancer - Professional Driver in Boston, MA

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Work when you want and where you want. Meet new people. Listen to music while working. Get paid when you want.

Cons

There are no downsides for me as far as i am concerned. Sometimes its hard to find a place to use the rest room i guess.

Advice to Management

I myself can't offer any advice to management. Everything about the whole operation ir really pretty solid.

2. "Driver"

Current Freelancer - Professional Driver
    Current Freelancer - Professional Driver

Pros

Can make own schedule. Can work where you want and can take breaks at your own leisure.

Cons

Lots of costs to run business. Can be very slow at times as well as boring, can feel like a very long time on the road with no end in sight. Lots of competition as more and more drivers enter the space.

Advice to Management

No advice for management, they are clearly running the business well.

3. "Meh"

Current Freelancer - Professional Driver in Portland, OR
    Current Freelancer - Professional Driver in Portland, OR

I have been working at Lyft (Less than a year)

Pros

Work as much or as little as you want

Cons

Too many drivers on the market

"Driver"

Current Freelancer - Professional Driver in San Jose, CA
    Current Freelancer - Professional Driver in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

They offer flexible hours and it's nice to get a weekly paycheck.

Cons

Working for them for over three years full-time. A lot of down time when I first started but less now. Promised a lot of surge hours during super bowl and other holidays that never happened and rush hour too. Referred close to 300 people in over 4000 rides. Many said they planned to sign up that day. In my entire 3+ years at Lyft I saw only about $80 in referrals bonuses. They need to have a way for drivers to track them. Also it is so complicated how to contact them unless it is an emergency. THEY DO NOT RESPOND! Uber is almost instant with their responses with simple straight forward email. This is the only area I see that Uber is better but so important, especially when they owe you money for rides that didn't calculate correctly!!! Uner owes me a lot more $$$ for rides too!!

Advice to Management

Be EASILY REACHABLE. Devise better incentives, DON'T ALLOW UBER TO CAPTURE RIDES AWAY FROM LYFT right before an Uber ride is over. This is how Uber is stealing your business!! STOP THEM!! Fire some of your Driving Mentors!! They pass and fail drivers randomly based on their moods snd are hot and cold when mentoring new drivers. Mentors know the corporate office won't fire them.