Lyft Social Media Customer Experience Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Lyft CEO Logan Green
Logan Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Wear and tear on the car isn’t fun" (in 86 reviews)

• "poor rating system; inconsistent bonus system" (in 72 reviews)

"Social Media Customer Experience Associate"

Current Employee - Social Media Customer Experience Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Lyft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is a fantastic one to be apart of. Lyft truly tries to embody its core values to the fullest and makes you feel comfortable being yourself at all times.

Cons

Growth within the company is limited, as it is so new, especially the Nashville office. There was a surge in hiring this year, which leaves little to no room for vertical promotions.

Advice to Management

Management does their best to represent their associates to higher management. Overall, they are knowledgable of the field and enjoy what they're doing.

"Social Media Customer Experience"

Current Employee - Social Media Customer Experience Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Lyft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

progression environment, dogs in the office, snacks, biweekly free lunch, people rock that work on my team

Cons

no room for growth, dead end, small raises from .38-.96 a year...maybe. scheduling. team leads who are advocates for their team. this office is the red headed step child for SF office

Advice to Management

get better management. training and check ins to make sure they are actually helping professionally develop associates

"The Potential Is There... But Lyft Falls Short"

Former Employee - Social Media Customer Experience Associate in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Social Media Customer Experience Associate in Nashville, TN

I worked at Lyft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Energetic, trendy, and friendly atmosphere, lots of growth opportunity (with caveats), excellent benefits and perks (gotta love those office snacks), dog-friendly, wonderful and supportive co-workers, gorgeous office, prime location, company CEO's are pretty transparent about what's going on with the company and goals/risks

Cons

Employees are viewed as numbers and productivity stats. They attempt to make the job seem like less of a call center, but the result is counterproductive and detrimental to the work environment.

While I was there, employees were fired left and right - some of them for issues that came about due to retroactively applied policies (I won't even touch on how ethically reprehensible that is) - and oftentimes without warning even though there was apparent documentation of issues that were never brought to the employee before they were fired.

I sincerely hope this has changed since I worked there because I've never in my life seen such a high turnover rate, especially since the employees leaving weren't going to other departments or making progressive moves to other companies. It was just firings, and that says a great deal about what kind of company Lyft is. I felt very deceived by the people who hired me after the newness had worn off because I felt like I was pitched a much different work experience than what was actually the reality.

If you have aspirations to grow within the company, there is opportunity to do so provided that you are chummy with upper management. They're nice people (albeit a bit inexperienced, but that goes hand-in-hand with startups), so it's doable, but if one person decides they don't like you, then you're SOL. It's a very cliquey atmosphere, and dedication and hard work will not guarantee upward mobility (it doesn't hurt though).

Finally, the biggest problem I have with Lyft is that you cannot be yourself while at work unless you are a constantly bubbly, always glass-half-full person who never has anything constructive to say. I'm a positive person by nature, but the people who were successful at Lyft were borderline disingenuine with their hamfisted positivity. I didn't feel like I could trust many people because everyone was so afraid to say anything that wasn't unicorns and glitter rainbows. And surprise, surprise, the employees who did constructively speak up (and I'm not talking outright negativity here; I'm talking about comments like, "hey, I noticed that we have some grammatical errors on the website/reply templates, I'd be happy to fix those for us or let whoever handles those know they need to be fixed") were shown the door.

Truly disheartening because Lyft has the potential to be an absolutely amazing place to work.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your office as a revolving door for employees. If you see an employee struggling, help them improve instead of kicking them to the curb at the first sign of a less than fantastic performance. Your employees are people, not numbers, and I'm afraid you've lost sight of that.

"Great place to work temporarily"

Current Employee - Social Media Customer Experience Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Lyft (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fast paced, exciting, great benefits.

Cons

Not very much opportunity for advancement at the Nashville office.