Lyft "flexible schedule" Reviews | Glassdoor

Lyft Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Nov 26, 2019

3.2
Lyft CEO Logan Green
Logan Green
1,059 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Lyft will tend to side with complaints from passengers over driver(in 224 reviews)

• "The app sometimes malfunctions and the over-saturation of drivers sometimes translates to less rides available(in 201 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Easy Job"

Current Freelancer - Lyft Driver in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Lyft for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Meet New People, Fun, Good Pay

Cons

Have to live in fairly sized city/ town, or be willing to drive to one.

Lyft2019-11-12
  2. "Company NOT for The Driver's"

Current Freelancer - Lyft Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Lyft for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, able to cash out when available

Cons

They switch passenger's without notice, they stop your profile from getting rides. They side with passengers whom lie, they treat drivers like they don't matter or their car. If you on app nd have an accident Lyft will not pay for your medical treatment. They will low ball you.

Advice to Management

If a driver is on app, like I was, and someone hits you. Take care of your driver. I haven't been able to drive since my accident on the lyft platform that was no fault of my own. I drove a SUV, if you try and rent thru them they provide a car. They provide a dirty cars. My injuries with no medical benefits from lyft has me struggling to keep my bills paid. Take care of your DRIVER'S.

Lyft2019-11-26
  3. "Lyft rarely sides with the driver"

Former Freelancer - Rideshare Driver

I worked at Lyft for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, positive reviews from customers

Cons

Customer service always sides with the customer. If you dont have visual proof, you don't get reimbursed.

Advice to Management

Side with the driver for once! It's a tough job and we have to deal with a lot of situations.

Lyft2019-11-21
  4. "Never again"

I have been working at Lyft

Pros

Flexible Schedule Listen to music and wear comfortable clothes

Cons

No learning curve, no support... I still don’t know how to rate passengers

Advice to Management

So here’s the thing. I wanted to supplement my income and decided to drive with Lyft. I have a full time job and decided I can work on weekends. I got a rental car as I didn’t want to put the wear and tear on my own car. First week went great, it would have been better if I factored in the gas, but hey I was learning. But I knew I was going to have to learn by trial and error so I wasn’t going to give up. Second... week, a driver threw up outside on the car and I had to end my Friday early to get the car cleaned. Saturday my daughter was sick and I couldn’t go out. Yet Sunday I did well. However, I only did 15/20 rides due to the circumstances. I knew I’d have to pay for the rental, which I did with no complaint, again... I wasn’t ready to give up. I had a 5 star rating so far and it was not a hard job. Here is where I feel Lyft lost a potential amazing driver. I got an email that the rental was not going to renew because I didn’t make the minimum rides. Ok a little ridiculous, since I DID pay for the rental at a high rate... but ok, I was sure I could resolve this. I schedule via the website a time I can return the vehicle, keep in mind I have a day job and the place isn’t open on the weekends, but I did schedule. Now I’m getting a recovery notice! I’m going to return the vehicle after hours, tonight, but know that I am now completely soured by Lyft in general. Not only did you not give me to opportunity to try again because life happens AND I paid out of pocket for it, but you threaten a recovery after I scheduled to return it. Hmmm, maybe a 3 strikes policy or something? But why even give me the option to schedule the return next week if I wasn’t allowed to wait! I get you are a gig based business, but it takes a lot more to get new employees/customer then simply retaining them, and right now you lost both.

Lyft2019-10-18
  5. "The flexibility of having to work as a contractor but the pay and amount of business you get has drastically decreased."

I have been working at Lyft

Pros

Flexible schedule , nice people, good interactions

Cons

Low Fairs, poor driver assist program

Advice to Management

Need to consider a working emergency landline telephone number in case of emergencies. Increase the pay to at least where you started and promised in first place.

Lyft2019-10-12
  6. "Driver"

Current Freelancer - Lyft Driver in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lyft for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, you can receive immediate payment

Cons

Wear and tear on your vehicle

Lyft2019-09-21
  7. "Awful company for drivers"

I have been working at Lyft

Pros

Flexible schedule and that’s about it

Cons

Pay has been reduced about 4 or 5 times since starting to drive for them 10 months ago. They started a “war” with their drivers by removing many features in the driver app. The most significant of them recently is they removed access of the driver to see how much the passenger paid and how much Lyft took from individual rides. This company is so crooked and if you’re smart you’ll see right through the lies this... company tries to portray itself as driver friendly. They are worst than Uber at this point and that’s saying a lot since Uber itself is pretty corrupt. Do not drive for Lyft!

Advice to Management

Pay drivers better, you have lost complete trust of your drivers. Not one driver has trust in your company with your crooked ways. All your public relations in being driver friendly are blatant lies to cover up all the corruption your company has. I truly hope your company fails with investors and you go bankrupt!

Lyft2019-10-10
  8. "Flexible schedule with low pay"

Former Freelancer - Driver in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lyft for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule and getting to know city

Cons

Low pay Trusting customer over driver every time

Advice to Management

Trust and value your drivers more

Lyft2019-09-23
  9. "Lifesaver"

Current Freelancer - Lyft Driver in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lyft for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule and sometimes 30$+/hour

Cons

Driver pays from his pocket for everything: car maintenance, gas. It’s like 10% to get a compensation from Lyft if the passenger damaged something

Lyft2019-07-20
  10. "It could be much better for full-timers"

Current Freelancer - Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Lyft for less than a year

Pros

flexible schedule, good side income

Cons

not enough customers, a lot of drivers. Also, I have 5.00 stars since the beginning and it does not matter.

Advice to Management

they should give more rides to better drivers.

Lyft2019-07-03