Cover image for Lyft

Lyft

Engaged Employer

Lyft

Add a Review

Lyft Employee Reviews about "manager"

3.6
53% Recommend to a Friend
Lyft CEO David Risher
29% Approve of CEO
3.6
Lyft CEO David Risher
David Risher

What people are saying about Lyft

Tech

2275.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/technology

Got a burning question about Lyft? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lyft employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "If you drive during prime time you can really make bank which is great for people in between jobs.(in 242 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and fun you get to chat and listen to music all day esstenially.(in 200 reviews)
  • "It's a great way to make your car holistically useful to the community at large while making good money.(in 175 reviews)
  • "Great benefits with insurance and ride credits.(in 134 reviews)
  • "Flexible Schedule and getting to meet new people each and everyday.(in 112 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low and you have to work your way up which could take a while.(in 198 reviews)
  • "I see my coworker stop appearing at work because of poor management issues.(in 72 reviews)
  • "No bonuses and less per mile pay(in 70 reviews)
  • "Poor leadership and frequent change of priorities(in 45 reviews)
  • "management also seems supportive to employees and has assured us of no layoffs(in 31 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lyft and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

San Francisco, CA
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Unlimited PTO -Free food, snacks -20% discount on lyft rides

Cons

-Bad management all around, even the teams we hire for don't know how to lead -'Mean Girls' culture from legacy management- if you're not in, you're out -Managers lie about promotion cycles- when they are, when you can promote, etc. -Conflict of interests all around (managers dating directors they hire for) -They tell you what you want to hear, but don't actually care about you as a person -A lot of gossip, backstabbing, negativity -Management is never around, they silently delete 1:1 meetings -They promote people they like even if their performance is low -Many of the managers haven't worked anywhere with real processes in place so they don't have experience implementing structure

1. 2.0
        Sep 22, 2023
        Customer Support Representative
        Former Employee, more than 1 year
        Nashville, TN
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are decent, and you can take your dog to the office. The office is consistently packed with snacks, which is also a plus.

Cons

There were numerous instances with my previous manager and I don't understand how he had his job as long as he did! I was the only person in the office one morning and I was expected to handle Zendesk cases, monitor air control for the bike and scooter memberships, AND handle social media all while answering questions for the teams overseas. My manager also expected me to be able to understand what was happening with some legal situation that occurred over Twitter while I was out. I told him I felt overwhelmed and wasn't really able to text him while I was working. I'm also not much of a texter in general, so sometimes my texts can read short. However, he'd interacted with me enough to know that I'm a conversationalist in person. He waits 3 days to set up a 1:1 and tell me how to talk to people. And then, he said that if I was overwhelmed, we probably needed to look into my ability to do my job. Not to mention, he would constantly blame issues on me to my other teammates and they even complained and backed me up to HR. HR waited until I'd put in my notice and was conducting an exit interview to tell me that my manager was being investigated for his behavior. Keep in mind, my manager put in his notice the same week they were going to call him in for a meeting. It shouldn't have taken that long for them to take my complaints seriously. I was also the only Black person on the team....

2. Join the Lyft team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.6K

Johnson & Johnson

At the end of the interview, the interviewer said “HR will be in contact with you very soon”. Does this mean I got the job since it’s HR and not the recruiter or am I overthinking this? Any tips to ease post late stage interview anxieties?

1 Comment

Process Coordinator

I have an in-person interview for a job I applied for earlier this summer and was in the final 2. They went with an internal candidate that time. I had 3 interviews the first time, but none in-person. This is the first interview this time. Is that a really good sign? Or should I not read into it? Also, I haven't had a professional in-person interview for 7 years, what do I wear? (female, 40's)

1 Comment

Senior Resource Manager

I'm currently interviewing for manager and senior manager positions within people operations, what are some questions you like to ask during interviews with directors and VPs?

2 Comments

Glassdoor has 4,712 Lyft reviews submitted anonymously by Lyft employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Lyft is right for you.