Cover image for Lyft

Lyft

Engaged Employer

Lyft

Add a Review

Lyft Employee Reviews about "meet new people"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

Found 534 of over 4K reviews

3.6
Lyft CEO Logan Green
Logan Green
1,856 Ratings

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on

Tech

580.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Lyft~700614
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Lyft? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lyft employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "If you drive during prime time you can really make bank which is great for people in between jobs.(in 214 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and fun you get to chat and listen to music all day esstenially.(in 187 reviews)
  • "Independent and good money travel(in 165 reviews)
  • "Great benefits with insurance and ride credits.(in 120 reviews)
  • "Flexible Schedule and you meet a lot of different people(in 107 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low and you have to work your way up which could take a while.(in 179 reviews)
  • "No bonuses and less per mile pay(in 64 reviews)
  • "Most projects get cancelled because of bad planning and management.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership, in some departments, is under experienced and it leads to inefficiency and frustration sometimes.(in 31 reviews)
  • "changes too often and poor communication(in 24 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lyft and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "meet new people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great core values, poor execution and toxic work environment

Oct 5, 2020 - Market Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for Lyft for just under 5 years on the Global Operations team and then moved to the Market Operations team. Some of the pros are getting to work with truly dedicated and talented people who love their job and love the communities we served. My coworkers helped each other, had brilliant ideas, and worked tirelessly to execute our projects regardless of level. The biggest pro is the local teams.

Cons

Communication from HQ is not great. Often new programs would launch in our market and we'd have no idea until the public release. It was not always clear how our work locally was supporting HQ initiatives. There was a large disconnect between what was happening in San Fran and what was happening in dispersed markets. Lyft also struggles to retain and promote good talent. Despite their "commitment to diversity", as a diverse person I was often belittled, undervalued, and overlooked. I watched countless less equipped and less qualified external hires receive leadership positions over more qualified, diverse internal candidates. Despite years of "exceeds expectations" reviews, extensive previous management experience, and several advanced degrees, I received one promotion in 4 years at Lyft. I repeatedly asked what I could do to move into a more senior role and had no complaints about my work, only "the time just isn't right yet". I left because there is no room for advancement there for someone like me. Their stated values are mostly lip service and, despite repeated feedback, leadership is not open to hearing from more diverse voices. If you are not white and male, I'd stay away from Lyft.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Freelancer

Great Part Time Gig

Aug 22, 2017 - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Cons

This new driver app has so many glitches. Also don't like the rating system because if you get one bad review it will completely ruin your overall score.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great People, Time to buckle down

Nov 15, 2022 - Market Operations Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are always the number one positive thing others have to say about Lyft and I whole heartedly second that. I love working at Lyft because of the people I work with and the mission it serves. Improving peoples lives with the world's best transportation is a hard mission to accomplish, especially in a dynamic marketplace, but it's extremely rewarding work.

Cons

While the majority of people are great, unfortunately, Lyft has a few bad apples that are bringing the company down. We need more positive, can-do attitudes and people that aren't afraid to buckle down and make tangible impact.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 2.0