Lynden Door Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2018

Found 16 reviews

4.0
John and Ted Bargen
  1. "Family - friendly Environment"

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time

Pros

There is something special about this place. It has a family-friendly environment, and not just lip-service to this. If you've worked in a blue-collar atmosphere for a while you know what I mean when I say this is special. This place lifts you up. If you come to work here, you will be grown and developed as a person, and be challenged in a positive way to progress in your career and in your character. Stable jobs...

Cons

Like most manufacturing companies, it's not trying to be the company that lures people by paying them more money than the job is worth just to put up with the environment. The pay is fair, with a lot of growth and leadership opportunities (often very quickly when you show character and merit). Benefits are solid, and the culture is like a log cabin in the mountains on a snowy night with all your friends around the campfire.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Thank you. Don't forget as we grow bigger every year to keep actively listening to what people have to say at every level.

Lynden Door2018-07-30

"I highly recommend Lynden Door"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynden, WA

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing company culture that values and cares for their employees. Many opportunities for personal growth and career advancement.

Cons

Can be slow to make decisions and follow through. Wages could be higher but outweighed, in my opinion, by the other intrinsic motivators.

Lynden Door2018-07-13

"Nice people but often disorganized"

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with. Owners have integrity Just a decent job in general

Cons

Very top heavy with many layers of management that are constantly in meetings but don't appear to get much done. Often disorganized. Going to the "right church" or "knowing someone" seems just as important as the work you do.

Lynden Door2018-04-06
  4. "A solid place to work with great growth"

I have been working at Lynden Door

Pros

The organization has managed continual year over year growth with a strong customer base for many years. Continued growth is bringing plenty of new opportunities.

Cons

The transition from small company to larger company has been rough sometimes. However, this has been improving the last few years.

Advice to Management

Continue sharing your vision for the future so everyone has the opportunity to get on board and row with you.

Lynden Door2018-03-16
  5. "Lynden"

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time

Pros

Good Hours if you like overtime. Works with you to make sure you will always have work.

Cons

Poor benefits Too many supervisors Supervisors are rude Over worked

Advice to Management

Learn your area better and know what is going on. Also do something to boost the morale of the employees and listen to what they have to say.

Lynden Door2018-02-09

"Amazing Coworkers!"

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love being a part of a company that attracts people who are excellent at what they do and who have a good heart behind what they do. Walking through various departments, I see friends, not just groups of people. Each person is important and valued here from the intentional Onboarding classes, on the job training, supportive leads, supervisors and managers, and helpful coworkers. This is the best work environment...

Cons

If there are any cons, Management is very receptive to listening and making adjustments.

Advice to Management

A huge thank you to Management for all that they do for employees. Especially around the the holidays, it is very evident that Management and the Owners care very deeply for each employee. They are very giving.

"Favorite Job Ever"

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great "team" environment. Easy access to Human Resources and Management. They care about their employees and are always very encouraging.

Cons

I don't have any cons for working here.

"Employee (3 years)"

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is amazing to work for! The benefits are great, the management is full of integrity and their values are beyond any company I have worked for. The people are all so nice and kind. I see pride in the making of our doors.

Cons

I have no cons in all honesty.

"Good Company"

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time

Pros

I enjoy coming to work because of the great team/teamwork. Lynden Door has been very flexible with all my personal requests. Very encouraging with future endeavors and they help in any way they can. Good listeners, positive place to work.

Cons

If there are any cons, I am encouraged to talk through the problems with my supervisor.

Lynden Door2017-11-30
    • "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynden, WA

I have been working at Lynden Door full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great integrity. Smart people. Caring leaders who desire to do the right thing for the right reason. Challenging work. Best products and service in the industry. Growing company. Lots of growth opportunity.

Cons

Benefits are pretty good and are improving.

Advice to Management

Thank you for holding such high standards.

Lynden Door2017-11-28