Lynx Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
John M. Lewis, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dedication is a must"

Current Employee - Operations Management in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Operations Management in Paducah, KY

I have been working at Lynx Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

LYNX Services is a place where you can grow.

Cons

LYNX is very structured and you will not do well if you are not committed to working.

Advice to Management

Update our profile, John Lewis works for the Orlando Bus service

2. "Customer Service Representative"

I worked at Lynx Services full-time

Pros

A different career path and solutions

Cons

Poor training and misuse of employees

Advice to Management

A better structure with training and dealing with employees

3. "Overall Great Employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

I worked at Lynx Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay scale & benefits great. Plenty of opportunities for over time. Overall communication with supervisors or other departments was good. Training was adequate. Opportunities for cross training between clients. My immediate supervisor was wonderful.

Cons

The only real complaints I had was their point system & lack of pay raise opportunities. I truly enjoyed my job. I enjoyed working for the client I was trained for, I enjoyed my shift.

There was no opportunities for hourly pay raises, although there had been previously.

Advice to Management

The company does have FMLA options, even if the need is related to a family member. However, in my case my family member's aliment began before I was eligible for the FMLA options. Bringing in verification letters from the specialist didn't matter, based on company policy. This led to accumulated points from missed shifts or leaving early & I could not recover from it.
     If something had been in place, for situations like mine. I believe I would still be there employed here.

4. "CSR"

I worked at Lynx Services full-time

Pros

I was a temp and got paid weekly, so that's the only good thing.

Cons

People above you have their favorites and are not friendly to all employees on their team. One particular person who was not a supervisor (honestly don't know what her role really was) would misinform on how to do certain things and then made you look dumb when you had to ask a lead for help because they were not updated on their info. Told them who gave the info, but they didn't care, continued to treat it like it was your fault instead of the other person's. Quick to get you out on the floor; not enough training time.

Advice to Management

Longer training times. Be very careful about who you choose as your supervisors, leads, etc..

"csr"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Paducah, KY

I have been working at Lynx Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely easy job with decent benefits. overall the company is very good about providing incentives to their employees throughout the year to show appreciation for their hard work. monetary incentives for perfect attendance, they provide lunch for coming in on snow days and and other days they may have hot chocolate or cookies, etc. they even give away large ticket items from time to time such as tv's or game systems.

Cons

working on major holidays is a must considering the company is open 24/7/365
    generally they give us the option to vote for holidays off and they try to accomodate us but we got screwed for Christmas and New Years this year because they decided to observe the holdiay on Monday and we had to work Sunday (Christmas Day) and the days immediately before and after with no questions asked. We weren't given the option to request off, or even use our PTO time that we worked for all year long.

Advice to Management

Some of the supervisors tend to let their authority go to their head. there are a few who abuse their position and try to treat employees like they are children. I understand that there are some that you have to babysit but overall everyone here is an adult and we don't need a 25 year old telling us put our drink in a different cup so we don't spill it.

"Not too bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Pros

Great co-workers
    Works with school schedules

Cons

No pay increases
    No chance for advancement

7. "Tough Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Lynx Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They try really hard to make it a good place to work at, or at least that it is worth working there. Very hard. Like so hard.

Cons

The environment was so depressing that it was actually affecting me, and everyone that I asked, because I honestly thought that it was just me.

Advice to Management

I honestly do not know if there is a lot that can be done, but hopefully someone does come up with something to lighten the environment.

"Run!"

Pros

There are no pros to this job at all. This job is made up of lies and broken promises.

Cons

Everything about the company. The employees are over worked and under paid. The employees are definitely not valued at this company.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stop worrying about their pockets only, and invest more in the people that are making them rich.

"Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Symsonia, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Symsonia, KY

I have been working at Lynx Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy desk job. Can advance to leadership positions relatively easily if you'd like. Pay is competitive for industry. They do allow quite a bit of time off.

Cons

Poor upper management. Constantly changing policies. Monotonous work. Sometimes you have to deal with irate customers.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement does not work. A happy employee is a good employee. Give raises bases on performance and seniority.

10. "It's ok"

I worked at Lynx Services full-time

Pros

Co workers were great. Some Supervisors were very nice to work with. Some fun activities at times. Some overtime offered. Health benefits available.

Cons

Low pay, not much overtime offered any more. Not much training provided. They use a point system for attendance. Vacation time is earned. No sick days. Monotonous type work.

Advice to Management

Provide better training. Spend more time answering questions and helping the new people. Provide better training techniques.