Lyon Living Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Frank T. Suryan, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"One of the Best Property Management Companies in the Country"

Current Employee - Leasing Administrator
    Current Employee - Leasing Administrator

I have been working at Lyon Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smaller company vs. some of the larger corporate companies - management is definitely more personable than what you'd expect from a larger company. Culture is good, opportunities to grow, learn and gain experience in the industry.

Cons

Its impossible not to come across difficult residents. Communication is key between staff so issues don't get lost in translation when shifts rotate during the week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don't forget to ask property managers/leasing associates for their perspectives..they may see things at the local level that corporate may not see or understand without being on the front line.

Jul 21, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am ecstatic to hear your positive experience at Lyon. As you said, communication is key. I encourage you to keep communicating among your team members so that... More

2. "Great destination for professional growth"

I have been working at Lyon Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lyon offers a very collaborative work environment with a comfortable office space and opportunities to participate in resume-building projects. Loyalty to employees honesty with clients and integrity within the industry is why I chose to join the team.

Cons

Traffic to the Irvine/Newport area has gotten worse with the new developments and construction - it takes me 10 minutes longer to arrive in the morning.

One part of the parking lot tends to flood during heavy rains.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the envelope, pursuing better software/training platforms, build more offices!

3. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executiv Assistant in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Executiv Assistant in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Lyon Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Forward thinking CEO who is committed to engaging all team members to look beyond the walls from every perspective to positively impact everyone associated with the company either as a resident, employee, client, investor or vendor.

Cons

Change can be difficult for some.

4. "Prefer not to say"

I have been working at Lyon Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to make decisions. Company is focused on the employee and resident experience. Ability to make a big impact- not just a number.

Cons

Technology is outdated, processes aren't streamlined.

5. "Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Lyon Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lyon is a true disruptor in the industry. Here, you are encouraged to be creative. It's a fun working environment. We work hard and play hard. It's a pretty flat organization so every employee has an opportunity to work directly with senior management. Great happy hours, parties and events. The corporate office is beautiful with an open kitchen, patio and ping pong table. Free snacks!

Cons

It is challenging to communicate to an employee base across 40 different locations. Corporate needs to do a better job reaching out to onsite employees.

Advice to Management

Lead by example and follow through on execution. Foster a results-oriented culture and be more proactive in driving out the poor performers.

"Good environment to work in"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Goleta, CA

I worked at Lyon Living full-time

Pros

Thorough training and support from manager.
    Room to move up.
    Good environment to work in, although some times of the year are busier than others, with housing.

Cons

Tenants can be rude and unreasonable.
    Hours can be a bit difficult working on Saturdays.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Invest in your workers and they will provide a great place to work in :)

Jul 21, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We know how hard our onsite employees work to make our residents happy. If you worked for Lyon as a leasing associate, thank you so much for your service.

7. "Leasing Associate"

I have been working at Lyon Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training and with good work ethic can move up

Cons

Management wasn't good and there aren't a lot of properties in Northern California

Advice to Management

Manager didn't really care about anything other than numbers and saving money. No real team feeling. At new company it is a way better atmosphere

Jul 21, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback. We strive to make Lyon a great place to work. I encourage you to contact the VP Human Resources to share your feedback so that we can work to make your experience... More

"Even the princess are disposable"

Former Employee - Leasing Administrator in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Administrator in Orange, CA

I worked at Lyon Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Two weeks paid vacation, summer party, small bonuses for performance.

Cons

This company takes retaliation after employees complained to HR and place you on step one of three into termination. They will make your life hell and write you up until you live on your own. Or at the end will come and tell you to resign because you don't want a termination on your record.

Bottom line If they terminated you then you have the right to UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS but Lyon Does not want you to get this money.

Lyon wants you to leave without money.

After a big celebration for the 25th Anniversary and crowned as a princess with a crystal crown included a long time untouchable VP was later disposed.

An she was the queen of queens.

Then guess what would happen to YOU!!!

Jul 21, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback and we regret that Lyon did not meet your employment expectations. We do not tolerate retaliation in the workplace and we are diligent in maintaining an open and... More

"Healthy Environment and Fun Coworkers"

I have been working at Lyon Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

· Great Management. My direct manager is incredible to work with. She cares about both my personal and professional development. I truly believe that she empowers me to do my job and to do it well. All of the other upper level executives are pretty cool as well.
    · Open Space Office
    · Events. Good amount of events that allow for me to hang out with other teams.
    · Pet Friendly. There are designated days where pets can come in. Always nice to see a dog or cat roaming around.
    · Cool Coworkers
    · 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision

Cons

Get brought up to speed with tech. It would be great to have a savvy shared drive (Dropbox, Google, Sharepoint), company account for conference calls, and project management software. Zendesk is probably the best tool for customer service requests.

Apr 18, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

“I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Lyon Living has recently formed a Technology Steering Committee. The Steering Committees will be used to gain acceptance from the... More

10. "Careless"

I have been working at Lyon Living (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros for working at this company. It has changed so dramatically over the years.

Cons

No work-life balance. Fewer and fewer benefits. Employees are treated like garbage.

Advice to Management

Don't tell your employee to stay after hours to get reports done. Please don't send emails at midnight/weekends and it would be nice if you actually responded to my emails. This company is so cheap; corporate is spread so thin that IT, specifically, is so overwhelmed and unresponsive. Every year benefits get cut and bonuses reduced. It is very clear we are disposable.

Jun 29, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your work experience at Lyon. We agree that Lyon has changed over the last few years. This change was purposeful so that we can become focused on the... More