KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lyons Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Feb 4, 2021

Found 78 of over 82 reviews

4.2
Lyons Consulting Group CEO Rich Lyons (no image)
Rich Lyons
Pros
  • "LYONSCG has unwavering commitment to the clients and employees(in 8 reviews)

• "Decent work environment and potential to make decent money(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The nature of ecommerce can be demanding and create pressure(in 5 reviews)

• "Although I would say it's pretty typical growing pains(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Okay place

Feb 4, 2021 - Associate Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team. Great benefits Liked management

Cons

Too much work. Clients aren’t always good

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good for Newcomers

Jan 13, 2021 - Designer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Thorough and well thought out design process Good people to work with Working with different client sites provides some variety in the work

Cons

Travel was required and wasn't conducive to my personal life Working on client sites using specific platforms could be limiting

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Jan 5, 2021 - Support Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work enviroment, generous benefits

Cons

Work load is heavy, Time Management

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall positive experience with some concerns

Nov 15, 2018 - Senior Project Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is fantastic. They talk it up quite a bit, but by and large, they deliver. The majority of people are fun to work with and manage to balance working diligently with being able to cut loose. People aren't judged for having fun as long as the productivity stays high. Compensation is also a plus, and they have recently worked to improve the one area that was a bit lagging: benefits. Lastly, they are well-positioned within their market for future and long-term success, so if you perform well, you are working for a company with long-term stability.

Cons

Career path advancement opportunities were improving, but still had a bit to go, especially for certain roles. Evaluation process is a bit too frequent. By the time you are getting and evaluation for the previous period, you are basically halfway through the next. Can feel a little frenetic or rushed.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Clients

Jul 5, 2019 - Ecommerce
      Business Outlook

Pros

Got to work with high profile clients and learned new e-commerce platforms.

Cons

Research was lacking and a lot of travel was required.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, excellent people

Nov 2, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked there for more than 4.5 years, and I am very happy with the company. They believe in working hard and playing hard. (I also love the "family first" perspective.) They have a yearly meeting where they pay for all employees to meet near the home office. It's a 2 day event, and they put remote folks up in hotels for the two night. The days are filled with training and inter-departmental meetings, and the evenings are filled with dining, meeting new employees, and catching up with those you don't hear from often. (There might be some drinking involved...) The benefits are good, but I think given the times, this is about as good as it gets anywhere. I think everyone would like to see less costly health insurance, etc. The vacation policy is excellent: vacation and sick days are combined into PTO, and you use them as you see fit.

Cons

The only things I can really think of are: 1) it's not always a 9-5 job. It CAN be, but I think that people want to excel and provide the greatest customer service, so that can, at times, lead one to work longer hours. I expect this behavior from myself, and I think my team also feels this way. 2) during the busy season, it can become difficult to keep up.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Home to those who want to be challenged and grow

Feb 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

LYONSCG is a company that is home to those who want to work hard on projects for companies that are well known. In the time I have been here I have had the privilege to work on many of these projects that,, while challenging, expanded my professional horizons. My contributions get recognized and the quarterly review process keeps me in the loop as to how I am doing. LYONSCG recognizes those who work hard and produce...which is, after all, why we are here. They also care about growth and you can write your own ticket to areas that you want to focus on . It is not going to be handed to you, need to earn it but certainly worth it. Also, the fact that the entire team participates in an annual SWOT review is meaningful to a culture that values continual improvement.

Cons

Growth, opportunities, expansion are all great things that take a degree of planning. While recognizing that growth can come quickly, it can be disruptive and bumpy but the leadership addresses these head on and does not play any blame games. Consulting can be a tough gig and sometimes not for everyone.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good Culture

Dec 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and you can tell they care about work/life balance

Cons

Salary is lower than market

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Future Looks Bright

Dec 16, 2015 - Applications Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The LYONSCG team, and especially the Ann Arbor office are great. Sure, we sometimes have a bunch of work and little downtime, or sometimes a lot of downtime and little work, but that varies with the time of year, and client needs. If you average it out, our team is always doing something great for one client it another, and even though we can get busy, there is always time to sit back and relax, and just think. The team has always been friendly to me and I know I can go to some if I have a question or a problem, just as I offer my knowledge and experience to anyone who might need it. That's called teamwork. We have a lot of it here.

Cons

We are experiencing growing pains. Not quite enough employees for our busy season, and our office is getting renovated, so we have to contest with that as well, but those can both me looked at as positive as well. We will be hiring new people to help our team manage the influx of work, and we'll be getting a newly renovated office soon as well.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't let all these positive reviews fool you...

Nov 29, 2018 - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work from home 100% - Pay is generous - People are fun and very friendly - genuinely a great group of people - Lots of talent - Current culture

Cons

I'll keep it factual -- - Get everything in writing in your offer letter - make sure it is explicit - You will get blamed for not understanding HR policies - even if they weren't ever properly explained; "Im sorry you didn't understand our X policy" kinda rubs you the wrong way when you thought you had understood it. Probably to save them from admitting any wrong doing to avoid legal action - If you negotiate time off - understand that it is being given up front and that you still need to accrue it. This was improperly explained to me during recruiting and onboarding and was not very clear. - Recruiting is just doing whatever it can and will say whatever it takes to get you to sign; be wary. I had wanted to start later to avoid a planned vacation taking place at a new job and it came back to screw me over when I left - Be wary of being offered more money than asked - theres always a reason - In 3 months time, 20 people have quit the company. I kept track of the resignation and firing emails sent out. People are very wary about the Capgemini acquisition and how projects are being run - Projects are a mess that are mixed Lyons and Capgemini processes - definitely a learning curve - You will be onboarded to a current Lyons process but you will not get a chance to actually experience it - because Cap is the parent company now - More roles will be opening up that will have heavy travel requirements - much more than the 20% advertised with Lyons - Culture is going to change. Capgemini is the parent company. I dont care what they say - changes will be had and it wont be Lyons making them, they will be conforming. - All these positive reviews are by current employees (mostly) who are encouraged by HR and the recruiting team to write them about how wonderful they are as it's their main recruiting tool. Take it with a grain of salt like everything else. On a personal level - I was screwed out of my final paycheck. I was a good employee and helped out on a project my last couple of weeks. It was probably due to outstanding circumstances that are unique to my situation but it's unfortunate that that's how they want to end the relationship and sour my experience with them. Ah well. Hence the 1 star, instead of 4/5.

9 people found this review helpful