Lyons Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2019

4.2
Lyons Consulting Group CEO Rich Lyons (no image)
Rich Lyons
Pros
  • "LYONSCG has unwavering commitment to the clients and employees(in 8 reviews)

• "Decent work environment and potential to make decent money(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "The nature of ecommerce can be demanding and create pressure(in 5 reviews)

• "Although I would say it's pretty typical growing pains(in 4 reviews)

"Good Culture"

I have been working at Lyons Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Good culture and you can tell they care about work/life balance

Cons

Salary is lower than market

"Good Clients"

4.0
    Former Employee - Ecommerce

I worked at Lyons Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Got to work with high profile clients and learned new e-commerce platforms.

Cons

Research was lacking and a lot of travel was required.

"Overall positive experience with some concerns"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Lyons Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is fantastic. They talk it up quite a bit, but by and large, they deliver. The majority of people are fun to work with and manage to balance working diligently with being able to cut loose. People aren't judged for having fun as long as the productivity stays high. Compensation is also a plus, and they have recently worked to improve the one area that was a bit lagging: benefits. Lastly, they are well-positioned within their market for future and long-term success, so if you perform well, you are working for a company with long-term stability.

Cons

Career path advancement opportunities were improving, but still had a bit to go, especially for certain roles. Evaluation process is a bit too frequent. By the time you are getting and evaluation for the previous period, you are basically halfway through the next. Can feel a little frenetic or rushed.

Continue reading

"Don't let all these positive reviews fool you..."

1.0
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Lyons Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Work from home 100% - Pay is generous - People are fun and very friendly - genuinely a great group of people - Lots of talent - Current culture

Cons

I'll keep it factual -- - Get everything in writing in your offer letter - make sure it is explicit - You will get blamed for not understanding HR policies - even if they weren't ever properly explained; "Im sorry you didn't understand our X policy" kinda rubs you the wrong way when you thought you had understood it. Probably to save them from admitting any wrong doing to avoid legal action - If you negotiate time off - understand that it is being given up front and that you still need to accrue it. This was improperly explained to me during recruiting and onboarding and was not very clear. - Recruiting is just doing whatever it can and will say whatever it takes to get you to sign; be wary. I had wanted to start later to avoid a planned vacation taking place at a new job and it came back to screw me over when I left - Be wary of being offered more money than asked - theres always a reason - In 3 months time, 20 people have quit the company. I kept track of the resignation and firing emails sent out. People are very wary about the Capgemini acquisition and how projects are being run - Projects are a mess that are mixed Lyons and Capgemini processes - definitely a learning curve - You will be onboarded to a current Lyons process but you will not get a chance to actually experience it - because Cap is the parent company now - More roles will be opening up that will have heavy travel requirements - much more than the 20% advertised with Lyons - Culture is going to change. Capgemini is the parent company. I dont care what they say - changes will be had and it wont be Lyons making them, they will be conforming. - All these positive reviews are by current employees (mostly) who are encouraged by HR and the recruiting team to write them about how wonderful they are as it's their main recruiting tool. Take it with a grain of salt like everything else. On a personal level - I was screwed out of my final paycheck. I was a good employee and helped out on a project my last couple of weeks. It was probably due to outstanding circumstances that are unique to my situation but it's unfortunate that that's how they want to end the relationship and sour my experience with them. Ah well. Hence the 1 star, instead of 4/5.

5. "Great company"

I have been working at Lyons Consulting Group full-time

Pros

great culture great team and senior management remote work

Cons

worried about capgemini acquisition and changing benefits larger mixed cap/lyons projects and clashing processes

"Proud to be part of the Pride!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lyons Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The opportunity to deliver amazing solutions for big brands in digital. - There are actually women on the Leadership team. - A learning organization that moves quickly and is always improving through quarterly SWOTS. - Ethical leadership that cares about preserving the culture and our processes. - Quarterly bonuses.

Cons

- Travel can be tough for some roles.

"Great All Around"

I have been working at Lyons Consulting Group full-time

Pros

-Great employees who are always willing to help. -Leadership knows what is best for the workers and future growth of Lyons Consulting Group -Great work environment which stems from the culture.

Cons

-None that I can think of

8. "5-Star Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Malta, NY

I have been working at Lyons Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. The best culture and people I've ever worked with in this industry 2. Senior management that walks the walk - they always have open lines of communication, clearly embody the company values, and do what they say they're going to do 3. Great career path with coaches and mentorship programs in place to help you with your career growth 4. Exciting internal growth opportunities and projects, my technical knowledge is always being fully utilized and is expanding 5. Company revenue is growing YoY, and the company has a consistently strong sales execution strategy

Cons

1. Would like more off-site technical training opportunities

"All is great"

Current Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lyons Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All is great at this company.

Cons

No cons at this company.

"Great Place to Grow and Learn in a Rapidly Expanding Company"

Current Employee - Digital Strategy Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lyons Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to work on clients who trust and value your work. Great opportunity to move up, learn, and grow in your skillset. Upper management is involved and willing to listen and take action on criticism.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly - there has been effort put into more process and procedures but it's not all consistent across groups. Although I would say it's pretty typical growing pains.

Found 74 reviews