Cover image for Lyra Health

Healthcare

11h

a

Registered Nurse

So, I started watching “Limitless” with Chris Hemsworth. Apparently, he found out he carries both genes for dementia which puts him at a higher risk. So the series is about him changing things in his life for longevity. The third episode is about fasting and he fasts for 4 days until the day he has to hunt for his food. Does anyone in healthcare have thoughts on this type of fasting? I know it is done in some cultures and religions, but to what extent?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lyra Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Love it here :)

Nov 4, 2022 - Senior Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with amazing and mission driven ppl

Cons

Not much to mention here

2. 3.0

Factory Therapy

Nov 22, 2022 - BCT Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO Control over schedule Ability to refer out severe clients; however can be discouraged from doing this at times

Cons

Lack of agency in company decisions, culture, services provided Minimal avenues for providing feedback Bonus structure results in significant portion (25%) of pay being heavily taxed Providers risk losing income (bonuses) due to growth Ballooning of higher management, other departments making money off the proletariats actually providing services No advancement opportunities

3. Join the Lyra Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company

Nov 4, 2022 - Mental Health Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are a young company that is changing very fast, and I love change. Management is amazing and supportive, open-minded, and ready to help.

Cons

So far I did not see any negative things, but the salary could be better.

5. 5.0

Best Job I’ve Ever Had.

Oct 20, 2022 - Therapist in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule; realistic caseload expectations; consistent and productive consultation and supervision (group and individual); pay/bonus structure; ability to control when to add clients and how many you’re willing to take on; several free continuing education seminars quarterly; quality benefits; transparency from managers and above; change occurs based on feedback from employees; therapeutic content/resources updated consistently with new material; push to continue to expand reach/community feeling and honor diversity/equity/inclusion; assistance with cross-licensure; reimbursement for technology and licensing; funding to foster cohort communities/sponsored social activities

Cons

Sometimes slow bookings that are outside of ability to control; sometimes isolating to work from home.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company and mission, disappointed with manager

Sep 27, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't imagine working for a better company than Lyra. This is my first time working at a tech company and it has provided me with a lot of opportunities to learn. The pay is good and I have a good work and life balance.

Cons

It took me a while to come to terms with this and I am still struggling in writing this feedback but I feel like saying something. I have been blinded by loyalty to my manager and just now realize that she has been manipulating me and my team to fear changes and distrust in leadership. One time I was sharing a personal struggle with her, she somehow found a way to exploit my vulnerability and blame it on race and gender even if it's not. She has been egging us to file complains and cause our team to distrust leadership. We all know that she's unhappy about not getting promoted, but she's dragging us all down with her. We all suspect she's negatively influencing our team engagement scores. Look at the multiple negative reviews posted recently, we all suspect it's coming from her.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

An incredable experience

Oct 9, 2022 - Mental Wellness Coach in Olympia, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional work environment, diverse, respectful management, ample opportunities to grow within Lyra .

Cons

Not enough therapists available to meet the needs of clients.

8. 5.0

Best co-workers!

Oct 5, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working alongside the smartest, kindest and most dedicated people! A values based company where we are working to expand access to mental health care.

Cons

Start-up- rapid changes, challenging work and a need for flexibility

9. 5.0

High EQ coworkers + good work-life blance

Oct 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Women in leadership - High EQ culture - Ownership of calendar

Cons

- Growing pains - Amorphous goals and processes

10. 4.0

Good company

Oct 18, 2022 - Mental Health Coach in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management gathers a lot of feedback from coaches and works hard to implement it to make coach experience better. Strong attention to integrity and efficacy in the mental health services provided. Highly communicative and responsive teams. Part time includes paid sick time, paid vacation time, technology stipend and stock options -- no health insurance benefits.

Cons

The hourly pay could definitely be better. In order to make a living wage in the Bay Area at this rate, it would require carrying an extremely high caseload which is not sustainable. Full time coaches tend to experience dread and burnout.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Passionate employees, solid company values

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful company values that the company's actions actually back up. Very committed to the quality client care and evidence-based practices. Committed to DEIB. CEO is absolutely fantastic.

Cons

No 401k matches. Management can be very different depending on team/department.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 183 Reviews
</>Embed

Lyra Health Reviews FAQs

Lyra Health has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 214 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Lyra Health to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lyra Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lyra Health. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

89% of Lyra Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lyra Health 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lyra Health to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Lyra Health Job Seekers