M·A·C Cosmetics Reviews
60% would recommend to a friend
(2415 total reviews)
61% approve of CEO
Found 2,415 of over 3K reviews
Updated Nov 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about M·A·C Cosmetics
a year ago
Hudson's Bay Company
I struggle with a disability that affects my work life daily. I work in the beauty industry and in fashion reselling. Every single job I have been to has been nothing but cruel. I've experienced workplace bullying by managers and coworkers. I have always had to explain at the hiring process that I have a disability, only to have them not understand and be treated less than a human being. I worked at companies like the Hudsons Bay, Mac Cosmetics, Style Encore, and Platos Closet. I'm tired.
Got a burning question about M·A·C Cosmetics? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with M·A·C Cosmetics employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great training and discounts." (in 219 reviews)
- "Good pay when you can get hours and if you have to transfer from another state good luck!" (in 178 reviews)
- "i LOVE my job..and i love transforming customers...movement is easy...no college needed...the benefits are great" (in 125 reviews)
- "Great discount and the people who I worked with were great" (in 98 reviews)
- "Immediate team was great; made some life" (in 46 reviews)
- "There is no work life balance in terms of holidays and weekends because the company thrives off of them." (in 165 reviews)
- "Which in return leads to crappy management and poor decisions." (in 143 reviews)
- "No room for growth beyond becoming a retail manager." (in 82 reviews)
- "Long hours and weekend shifts" (in 76 reviews)
- "Upper management are horrible they make you feel intimidated." (in 59 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of M·A·C Cosmetics and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Brand ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWestchester, OH
Good Pay,Great Training,Gratis on New Launch products. Creative Expression Freedom.
Hard to create a work life balance with the schedule. Skewed Brand/Retail partner communications, and need better incentives.
- 4.0Nov 27, 2023Makeup ArtistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Professional. A lot of traning session are given. Only 5 working days.
Monthly targets are high. So incentive is hard to achieve
- 2.0Nov 11, 2023Retail HostCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSydney
*get to meet great people *work with amazing products *great foot in the door for the makeup industry
*not enough training (so much so that an incentive for making sales targets was training with your manager as if that shouldn't be a given) *high expectation to travel to other stores (especially if you want hours at the store you were hired for & won't certify you as an artist unless you do so even if you have been doing makeup apps for months) * working at a Myer stand often means working by yourself all day even with back-to-back apps and having to watch the floor for other customers (makes it impossible to meet sales targets) *another myer specific issue is that the staff at other stalls will judge you HEAVILY if you do not help them serve customers even though you are hired through ELC, not MYER *no discount unless you travel to Mac stores which are usually city-based
- 4.0Nov 24, 2023Retail AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Learn and develop your artistry skills on a variety of facial tone and features freedom to express yourself through makeup and fashion discount on estee lauder companies
Salary could be better and no commission
- 5.0Nov 20, 2023Retail Assistant- Sales FloorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMaidstone, England
Team work, great opportunities, artistry focused, regular training, makeup brushes and heavily discounted products
Very busy, no free products but expected to wear full face of MAC to work each day
- 3.0Oct 27, 2023Makeup ArtistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChadstone
If you wanna be a real makeup artist, Mac is the only brand you want to work with. The company provide a lot support and benefits to grow their artists, but along with a lot competitions too. Daily work is fun and enjoyable, also depending on who you work with. If you have a reliable team leader, it would be so great. I have worked in South Yarra flagship store, the management there is much better.
The way they choose manager is mysterious and awful… I have experience 3 managers and 2 assistant managers… only one manager and one assistant manager are responsible and supportive. All the rest are just lazy or don’t care… one of the assistant manager even got drug high during the work time…. So much stress coming from the local management…
M·A·C Cosmetics Reviews FAQs
M·A·C Cosmetics has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,891 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at M·A·C Cosmetics to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
60% of M·A·C Cosmetics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated M·A·C Cosmetics 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.