Mölnlycke Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Richard Twomey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "HR peddles universal work/life balance during the hiring process but that is deceiving" (in 3 reviews)

• "Staff turnover is very high in recent years" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great organization"

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

Great benefits package
    Flexible work hours
    Wonderful supportive team
    Great management
    Fair compensation

Cons

Many changes in a short period of time

2. "Absolute worst experience ever - poor leader! Extremely horrible culture! Would not wish this place on worst enemy!"

Pros

There are none! Molnlycke was horrible! Worst company ever!

Cons

70hr weeks & poor management

Advice to Management

Hire good leaders to retain great people

"Sales"

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

Field sales reps are great. Products are clinically superior to competitors. Products have a great reputation for delivering positive outcomes for the patients.

Cons

New management over the past 2 years has made terrible decisions for the sales reps. Split commissions, realignment, and no price concessions, so the competition is getting the business based on price alone. The majority of the reps didn’t make commission last month because of the new commission structure. No transparency or understanding of plan or confidence in numbers. Sales Force has become a chore instead of a tool to grow the business.

Advice to Management

Treat and pay your sales people like they are an important part of the business. Sales Force takes more time to enter calls than the actual calls, so make it less about checking a box and more about quality calls. 360 reviews are needed for managers.

4. "Company in constant flux"

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomous work within your own territory

Cons

Constantly changing performance metrics and management woes

"NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE!!"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

There was a time there were many but after a complete changeover in upper management and culture I would say stay away!

Cons

Culture went from GREAT to WORSE. no work life balance anymore. They redefine micro managing. Products are old and have lost their glow....competitors eating them alive.

Advice to Management

Micro Managing, leading with fear and giving out more and more reports and paperwork is not productive.

6. "Decent Place to Work"

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

Great people, excellent time off and great products.

Cons

Systematic issues, lack of SOP's, favoritism where some rules don't apply to all.

Advice to Management

The company has a great new US president who truly believes in leading by example. I am hoping it trickles down to the rest of the team.

"I guess it is time Molnlycke forgets what set them apart from the competition"

Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros to working at Molnlycke has always been with the people I worked with. They had such enthusiasm for helping the company to grow. The products and evidence supporting them. Profit sharing (how much longer though?). 401K match. Company car for sales team.

Cons

The culture is all but gone...what a shame. I hate to say it but when I see my old colleagues they look like zombies. Few of them are happy with leadership and the authoritarian approach. The compensation plan for the sales team has been a mess for awhile too. Prior to me leaving the company they tried to fix it but instead of making big changes leadership decided on small changes. Now that am with another company I see Molnlycke is underpaying their team. I believed during my time at Molnlycke our products were (and still are) the best. I never felt I was paid like i was selling the best products or appreciated for the hard work. Another recent con was the fringe benefits were being taken away. Gym membership was taken away and apparently replaced with some kind of app that will take a bunch of time to stay up with just to get a $100. Recent hires in HR seems to be pointed away equal opportunity and towards unqualified candidates.

Advice to Management

Gosh. It is hard to say. Molnlycke was the best company I worked for in my long career. I am not sure how you change the company back to the old one. A company that valued its employees, created a culture that was so amazing it was hard not to be excited every day to wake up and start your day. Fix the compensation plan. Being paid adequately for selling the best products would be a good start. There are so many great people that work at Molnlycke who have great ideas. Listen to them but only upper management can speak with Sweden and fight for their US based sales team to free up some available capital.

8. "smaller company with good products"

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

Smaller company with family atmosphere, very patient-centered products

Cons

Smaller company - sometimes too small

"Great company, people and products"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products with loyal (doctors) customers. Good benefits. 4 weeks vacation for new hires, Great people lots have become life long friends. Products are very well known for quality and recognized as the best in the industry. Culture is good but it used to be WAY better. GREAT work life balance.

Cons

Compensation plan is the worst I have EVER seen sales reps on a draw. VERY high unattainable quotas. Favoritism with a lot of things that go on. Poor management and the company is VERY mismanaged. Very limited products to sell. 2 divisions with wound care getting all the new products and being paid well above the team on the surgical side. Weak hires on the clinical side because they are unwilling to pay a higher salary for RN's that can drive business. No ability to be promoted. The majority of managers they have hired in the last year have come from outside the company. Never willing to budge on price. They will let a million dollar account go rather then drop the price a little bit.

Advice to Management

Go back to listening to your sales representatives. Get in the field. How can you run a sales force when you never make sales calls. Fix the compensation plan. New hires are making as much as tenured 3 times promoted sales reps. Put the 2 divisions on the same comp plan making same amount of money.

"No advancement opportunity"

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay/ benefits/ vacation

Cons

No room for Advancement , poor management, a lot of favoritism

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!