Mölnlycke Reviews | Glassdoor

Richard Twomey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great organization"

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

Great benefits package
    Flexible work hours
    Wonderful supportive team
    Great management
    Fair compensation

Cons

Many changes in a short period of time

"I guess it is time Molnlycke forgets what set them apart from the competition"

Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros to working at Molnlycke has always been with the people I worked with. They had such enthusiasm for helping the company to grow. The products and evidence supporting them. Profit sharing (how much longer though?). 401K match. Company car for sales team.

Cons

The culture is all but gone...what a shame. I hate to say it but when I see my old colleagues they look like zombies. Few of them are happy with leadership and the authoritarian approach. The compensation plan for the sales team has been a mess for awhile too. Prior to me leaving the company they tried to fix it but instead of making big changes leadership decided on small changes. Now that am with another company I see Molnlycke is underpaying their team. I believed during my time at Molnlycke our products were (and still are) the best. I never felt I was paid like i was selling the best products or appreciated for the hard work. Another recent con was the fringe benefits were being taken away. Gym membership was taken away and apparently replaced with some kind of app that will take a bunch of time to stay up with just to get a $100. Recent hires in HR seems to be pointed away equal opportunity and towards unqualified candidates.

Advice to Management

Gosh. It is hard to say. Molnlycke was the best company I worked for in my long career. I am not sure how you change the company back to the old one. A company that valued its employees, created a culture that was so amazing it was hard not to be excited every day to wake up and start your day. Fix the compensation plan. Being paid adequately for selling the best products would be a good start. There are so many great people that work at Molnlycke who have great ideas. Listen to them but only upper management can speak with Sweden and fight for their US based sales team to free up some available capital.

3. "Decent Place to Work"

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

Great people, excellent time off and great products.

Cons

Systematic issues, lack of SOP's, favoritism where some rules don't apply to all.

Advice to Management

The company has a great new US president who truly believes in leading by example. I am hoping it trickles down to the rest of the team.

4. "smaller company with good products"

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

Smaller company with family atmosphere, very patient-centered products

Cons

Smaller company - sometimes too small

"Great company, people and products"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great products with loyal (doctors) customers. Good benefits. 4 weeks vacation for new hires, Great people lots have become life long friends. Products are very well known for quality and recognized as the best in the industry. Culture is good but it used to be WAY better. GREAT work life balance.

Cons

Compensation plan is the worst I have EVER seen sales reps on a draw. VERY high unattainable quotas. Favoritism with a lot of things that go on. Poor management and the company is VERY mismanaged. Very limited products to sell. 2 divisions with wound care getting all the new products and being paid well above the team on the surgical side. Weak hires on the clinical side because they are unwilling to pay a higher salary for RN's that can drive business. No ability to be promoted. The majority of managers they have hired in the last year have come from outside the company. Never willing to budge on price. They will let a million dollar account go rather then drop the price a little bit.

Advice to Management

Go back to listening to your sales representatives. Get in the field. How can you run a sales force when you never make sales calls. Fix the compensation plan. New hires are making as much as tenured 3 times promoted sales reps. Put the 2 divisions on the same comp plan making same amount of money.

"No advancement opportunity"

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay/ benefits/ vacation

Cons

No room for Advancement , poor management, a lot of favoritism

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!

7. "If you are male over 40, forget it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In summer you get to leave early on Fridays. Good insurance and that's it.

Cons

The HR is full of women and that's what they will hire. This company should be investigated for age discrimination. They will not hire people over 40 and males. The only ones you see are in the upper management have been there for years. All depts from Accounting, Contracts, HR and so on are dominated by women. It is like they don't want to hire males and worst if over 40. In a way I had no regrets leaving. Place smelled of bad women perfume and cream all the time.

Advice to Management

Nothing

8. "Working for Molnlycke Health Care"

Current Employee - Regional Clinical Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Clinical Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Company culture, great benefits

Cons

Lots of recent changes and turnover in management

9. "Sales"

I worked at Mölnlycke full-time

Pros

Great products, good compensation, Friendly atmosphere

Cons

High price, not a lot of products to sell

10. "People leaving in droves"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, ME

I have been working at Mölnlycke full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, profitable, new factory

Cons

Since a new Site Director was appointed late last year the culture changed significantly and for the worse and a significant number of people have since chosen to leave the factory and go to other companies to work. Current Site Director has very poor people management skills, micro manages and is only interested in promoting himself.

Advice to Management

When will the number of people leaving the site result in something being done?