M.C. Gill Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen Gill

1. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in El Monte, CA

I have been working at M.C. Gill Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In my 10 yeas at The Gill Corporation I have always felt that my work matters and that I have made an impact. The culture of the Company promotes the implementation of new ideas. If you are proactive, management will listen to your suggestions.
    I have also learned a great deal about Composites fabrication, thanks in part to great group of co-workers and mentors.
    Very generous profit sharing and salaries are competitive.

Cons

The Company has realized the need to implement Lean Manufacturing and SixSigma tools to its processes and products. This implementation is in progress and it will payoff in a few years.

"Machine Operator"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in El Monte, CA

I worked at M.C. Gill Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours, Overtime and Work condition are great. As long as you are used to working in production environment. Pay is decent

Cons

Favorable treatment towards certain people. Management keep changing every two years. New managers or directors doesn't take time to learn the process. Keep promoting less talented people. New position goes to whomever they befriended. Two of the best employee I know left for that reason.

Advice to Management

Need to find better solution for promotion process and hiring process for internal employees so that the people who really commit to the job should get promoted or hired for that position.

"Good place to work."

Current Employee - Bonder (Second Shift) 2204 in Edgewood, MD
    Current Employee - Bonder (Second Shift) 2204 in Edgewood, MD

I have been working at M.C. Gill Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. Great learning experience, especially if your getting back into an old skill set. Co-workers are great and help you as much as they can. They currently have a lot of work, and a lot more work coming in...sometimes it's a little overwhelming.

Cons

Sometimes things don't go as planned and it gets real ugly real fast.

Advice to Management

We need more table space and carts.

"Machine Operator"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in El Monte, CA

I worked at M.C. Gill Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to gain useful experience, I was given a lot of responsibility in the 2 years I was employed there, in most departments there is a lot of opportunity for OT, and most of my team members were pretty awesome to work with.

Cons

The company since I was there had a lot of management change they brought in new people that just had no clue how to run the facility who seemed to be doing things the way they wanted and believe me it was awful. Also there is a lot of favoritism for certain employees that are not worth a bullet and they allow them to get away with doing literally nothing while a couple associates are doing all the work. And many times management will try to force OT on team members and if they refuse they threaten them with write ups, even if there was not a 3 day in advance notice of the OT total bologna

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the clouds and get some managers that can actually be of some help and not a hindrance to the team members that are putting in all the work

"inspector"

Former Employee - Quality Inspector in Mission, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Inspector in Mission, TX

I worked at M.C. Gill Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

able to utilize my inspection knowledge

Cons

To much discontent among employees and management

"Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, MD

I worked at M.C. Gill Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Alcore in Edgewood, MD. Great people: friendly, helpful, fun to work with. Hours were good, salary was good.

Cons

A lot of people, particularly office workers from managers down, came to work fearing everyday that they would be fired. Very heavy-handed corporate management on West Coast that didn't care about people.

"Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, MD

Pros

very interesting product line dealing with aerospace structural honeycomb material, in both aluminum, paper and graphite based materials for engine nacelles and control surfaces of airplanes.

Cons

it seems like they are always behind in production, which means there are plenty of overtime opportunities, but also means that there is forced overtime.

Advice to Management

work life balance can be challenging, with the amount of overtime and being behind in production it creates an environment where you are always chasing around after product completion.

8. "Lab Technician"

Former Employee - Lab Tech in El Monte, CA
    Former Employee - Lab Tech in El Monte, CA

Pros

All were good, compared to my previous work.

Cons

None was bad. Nothing came to my head now.

"A disorganized company"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Edgewood, MD
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Edgewood, MD

I worked at M.C. Gill Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I gained a lot of experience developing manufacturing processes for composite honeycomb parts and assemblies for aerospace applications. I was given a lot of responsibility right away.

Cons

The company is disorganized and frequently misses the dates that they promise the customer. Quality issues consume the time of the engineers rather than spending time on R&D to improve their manufacturing processes.

Advice to Management

Utilize the engineers to develop the schedules that are promised to the customer. They are the ones responsible for completing the work and overseeing the manufacturing. This will allow the company to meet or exceed the schedules the customer expects.

"A company where I gave the best years of my life and am very grateful to the owners"

Former Employee - Operator in El Monte, CA
    Former Employee - Operator in El Monte, CA

I worked at M.C. Gill Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salaries are competitive and has very good performance

Cons

bad atmosphere created by corrupt employees supervisors and employees with seniority

Advice to Management

corruption, the manipulation of overtime only for some and that is dishonest