M+W Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2019

Found 184 reviews

Wolfgang Büchele
Pros
Cons
  • "No leadership/ strategy in business development causing lack of projects(in 6 reviews)

• "lack of work life balance you will find yourself at work more than home(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company Great People!!"

Former Employee - Environmental Health and Safety Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at M+W Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging work environments, Great Salary, Great benefits, Paid time off, Great team building atmosphere through corporate initiatives like " The Collaborative Way". Very strong "Injury Free Workplace" Culture. Can transfer and move up through different business units.

Cons

Potential travel/relocation based on active projects, Being such a large company with multiple business units communication sometimes gets missed or is slow between entities.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting and driving the TCW culture, It really works!

M+W Group2018-08-01
  2. "Good Company to work for"

I have been working at M+W Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits package Nice work environment

Cons

Too many managers in my domain

M+W Group2019-06-04
  3. "Mixed Feelings"

I have been working at M+W Group full-time

Pros

Great salary and benefits package. Ability to progress in career. Intelligent & nice coworkers. Very interesting & challenging projects.

Cons

Lack of investment in systems and people. Always seems understaffed. Poor work-life balance. Travel/relocation to project sites.

Advice to Management

Make an investment in your people and give them the tools and development to be great at their jobs. It doesn't have to be so hard.

M+W Group2019-04-25

"Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - Management

I worked at M+W Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation packages. I can't think of anything else

Cons

Management not committed to their decisions. Outsiders will not receive support in toxic environment.

Advice to Management

Change culture by making project teams more cohesive. Get rid of the cancer in your organization.

M+W Group2019-04-02

"Just Avoid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I worked at M+W Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have some really good people. They have work. But so does a lot of other companies. Lack of organization allows people to work and do things in a variety of different ways. This can also be a con.

Cons

The good people are not recognized. Well, no one is really recognized. So maybe a pro in that everyone is treated equally. Leadership is lost. We were an EPC company, then design build, then an integrator. We focused on Semiconductor, then data centers, then energy projects. The only real business left is Semiconductor facilities. The company as a whole does not understand the value that design can bring to their...

Advice to Management

Get a real plan together. Understand the phases of design and construction. Staff you projects appropriately. Learn that transparency builds trust with both your clients and your staff. Build a culture of putting the staff first. Stop hiring managers who want to manage via title and ego. Pick a business model and then build to that model. It will take time and money. It will be hard.

M+W Group2019-04-22
  6. "EHS"

Current Employee - EHS

I have been working at M+W Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment, company is very supportive of employee development.

Cons

More promotion of career over job

M+W Group2018-10-28

"Project manager"

I worked at M+W Group

Pros

Good people, good benefits. Improving safety culture

Cons

Lack of systems and procedures

Advice to Management

Need better systems and procedures to help get projects done

M+W Group2018-10-24

"Be VERY careful working here"

I worked at M+W Group full-time

Pros

Good people. Competitive salary. Decent benefits

Cons

Micromanaged from the top (Germany) down to the local level by C level staff who are really clueless. Endless political intrigue and worry about keeping employed unless you are in the right click. No investment in tech tools to do the job. What tech tools do exist are antiquated and obsolete. Some great senior level and mid seniority level people, but dwindling fast.

Advice to Management

A change in name will NOT hide the problems that exist. Clients have a long memory. Diversity in thought is critical for the success of a technology service company. It is stifled in the US by GroupThink and old school leadership.

M+W Group2018-10-14
  9. "Looking up!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at M+W Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have to admit that it was rough for a bit, but it's really coming around! Management has taken that hard look and made the commitment to improve everything. Change takes time, but it's working. We used to focus just on semi-conductor but we've really expanded our life sciences and added a data center market. Lots of opportunities for those who think out of the box!!!

Cons

Typical to the A/E/C industry. Long hours sometimes, deadlines, but nothing unique.

Advice to Management

Change takes time and it's not always easy. There are a lot of good people in the company that want us to succeed. Listen to their ideas, work on improving our processes and communication. Make strategic hires across all levels that support new ideas and innovative thinking. We are seeing the results already!!

M+W Group2018-08-10
  10. "Definately an Up-Tick!"

Current Employee - Mid Level Management

I have been working at M+W Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

After a few years of top-level leadership changes, I am confident we are much more stable than we have been in a while. The focus on the customer and improvement initiatives at all levels is reassuring. I also think our new brand Exyte reflects a fresh perspective.

Cons

We have a very wide footprint in terms of where we do work; depending on your role, for those who do not like to travel, this can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep on Keeping On! Have not felt this good about the company is many years. Keep the focus on the custom and process improvement- especially digitalization.

M+W Group2018-08-09