M&T Bank Teller Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

M&T Bank Teller Manager Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2017

3.7
M&T Bank CEO Rene F Jones (no image)
Rene F Jones
0 Rating
  1. "A true financial institution that understands the value of Relationships, be it that of clients or employees"

Former Employee - Teller Manager in Bethesda, MD

I worked at M&T Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Long lasting tradition of being a bank for the customers and clients it serves while sharing their wealth and appreciation with all employees

Cons

Once joined the bank few ever left, growth became super saturated, Decided to sell out to PNC

M&T Bank2014-01-30
  2. "Teller Manager"

Current Employee - Teller Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team benefits n hours two weeks paid vacation offer different ways off using sick time goals are less stressful compared to other banks some want monthly goals separate goals for each role you play in your branch

Cons

Just needs to get with the changes when it comes with computers n devices make it more convenient for the team n customers

M&T Bank2017-10-10
  3. "Teller Manager"

Teller Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at M&T Bank for more than 10 years

Pros

Good company to work for. I was there 30 years. How ever I got sick (breast cancer) and continued to manage my staff. At the end of treatment I was put back on the teller line with no training (I was managing for 14 years, writing schedules etc.). No one would ask what I needed. Reached out to my manager never got the help.

Cons

When I was having difficulty preforming my job, I was never helped or re trained. Had I recieved the help I would still be there.

M&T Bank2016-08-09
  4. "Teller"

Teller Manager in Bergen, NJ

I have been working at M&T Bank for more than 5 years

Pros

Seem to want to encourage employees to move ahead in their careers. Offer many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

High deductible on benefits. Fee for family coverage higher than normal. Inconsistent flow of information out to branches

M&T Bank2016-05-26
  5. "Teller Manager"

Former Employee - Teller Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at M&T Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family environment, great branch associates, benefits were ok. I was fortunate enough to have a great branch manager who was passionate and was a leader instead of a boss. Its a great place to work starting your career, transitioning to another career

Cons

No room for growth. They would rather hire from the outside than promote people from within when it came to open positions. They don't value the hardworking people they have, pay was very low as a manager

M&T Bank2016-01-11
  6. "Teller Manager"

Former Employee - Teller Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at M&T Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits were ok. That's about it. Nothing else good to say.

Cons

The pay was horrible. You had to look out for you. No matter how long you work for the company, they look at the bottom line. This is the worst company that I have eve worked for.

M&T Bank2015-02-02

"Fell short of expectations"

Former Employee - Teller Manager

I worked at M&T Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, being a larger company can afford to pay it's employees what they ask. Advancement opportunity is abundant, simply because people are always quitting.

Cons

I left a company I'd been with for years to pursue an advancement opportunity I'd been offered. One of the worst mistakes I've ever made. Management motivates through threats, doesn't understand how to praise, only to punish. Any mistake you make causes you to worry for your very livelihood. A stressful, unhealthy work environment. Also, such a large company managed to force it's workers into a high deductible benefits plan. No option for anything other than a $1500 deductible.

M&T Bank2013-04-19
  8. "Good Company to work for, exept pay and advancement"

Teller Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at M&T Bank

Pros

They seem to care about their employees as well as the general outlook/ consequences for business decisions. The company likes to advocate that they promote from within. They are in actuality, superior to competitors, therefore selling their products/services is something to not feel guilty doing.

Cons

The general sense of promotion is not always done fairly. A current employee should be at least given an interview if meeting basic qualifications of a specific job they are applying to. Pay is less than competitors. Raises are ridiculous. Branch asst managers and managers can not fully support the rest of the staff because they are unfamiliar with teller systems. Lots of sales required for tellers.

M&T Bank2012-01-22

"A very demanding frustrating job"

Teller Manager in Buffalo, NY

I worked at M&T Bank

Pros

Good benefits such as vacation time 2 weeks after only 6 months of service. A good schedule with holidays off. Incentive bonuses quarterly

Cons

Very demanding of the tellers with not enough managment respect and support. Always working short handed and expected to answer phones in the middle of transactions. Under paid for the amount of work and responsiblities that are expected.

M&T Bank2011-12-06

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews