M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Daniel H. Neff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Complete lack of communication from the top down, rumor mill is the only way to find things out (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of communication, rumor mill is the only way your going to get information (in 4 reviews)

1. "M3"

Current Employee - Designer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Designer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

M3 is a great company to work for. They offer excellent benefits, and a the work schedule is a plus. The ability to work on different projects allows for one to expand their knowledge.

Cons

Lack of communication; limited training opportunities. I read a lot of reviews and noticed that my comments are very similar with the exception of the negative comments about our HR department. I have had a good experience with both of them.

Advice to Management

Continue communicating to the employees; offer more training opportunities.

2. "Benefits are great, managers, no."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

M3 pays 100% Medical & great work hours. 9 hour days M-Thurs, 4 hours on Friday.

Cons

Poor Management in Chandler office. Poor communication skills. No training. You have to learn as you go & you're set up for failure. Co-workers will stab you in the back to get ahead. HR will smile but don't fall into their trap.

Advice to Management

Some managers need training on how to treat their people because they have no business being in management. They need serious training.

3. "Buyer III"

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time

Pros

Pay $30+ per hour, good benefit and compensation. Employees did not have to pay for medical benefit. Company paid it all.

Cons

No team work. Terrible manager, Co-worker will stab you in the back by setting you up to fail. Manager was very stand-off.

Advice to Management

Engage more with your employers. Treat folks fairly.

4. "M3"

Current Employee - Senior Structural Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Structural Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

M3 is a great place to work. Horizontal corporate structure. There is not a lot of nonsense to put up with, very few rules. There is a lot of freedom to do what you want. The work is interesting and varied. The pay is decent, not the highest, but decent. Great benefits.
    You are given a lot of responsibility early and also given the freedom to succeed.

Cons

There is not much structure or formal training, you are expected to learn your job on the job. You are given lots of responsibility early and expected to keep up.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation for the employees. Expand the training opportunities. Invest in morale and the productivity will improve.

5. "Great Company"

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time

Pros

Implemented BIM, Great Benefits, Bonuses.

Cons

Excessive Travel, Must Possess Credit Card.

Advice to Management

No advice.

6. "Mechanical Designer II"

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time

Pros

Great learning experience, many friendly and helpful employees, clean facility, treat employees well, great health benefits (no additional cost to add family).

Cons

Poor management, poor communication, lower salary, no performance evaluations, everyone gets annual raise not based on performance.

Advice to Management

Training new management would benefit your output and efficiency.

7. "Former employee"

I have been working at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time

Pros

full coverage health benefits, PLUS

Cons

Poor planning & communication from management

"Overall quality experience"

Current Employee - Engineer III in Tucson, AZ

Pros

M3 can offer an ever-changing variety of opportunities on projects, which can include visits to the construction sites themselves to see the tangible results of years of effort. This is not for everyone, but for those who enjoy challenges (technical and otherwise) and who enjoy getting in the field M3 can be a pretty cool place to work.

There are a lot of great people at M3 that are willing to answer questions and provide guidance to new or inexperienced people, in addition to being fun to work with. I have benefited both professionally and personally from my time at M3. My bosses have been generally supportive of my growth as a professional, although autonomy and self-evaluation are encouraged (if not an outright requirement).

Cons

Workload (and thus compensation and employment) is largely dependent on the mining industry. M3 has diversified somewhat, including specializing in the design and construction of large telescopes, but other non-mining work is not sufficient to sustain the entire body of the company.

This, however, is not much different from lots of other industries (aviation/aerospace, petroleum, commercial construction). It's just something to be aware of if you're considering working for M3. 2016 was a rough year for mining, but 2017 appears to be looking better for companies like M3.

Advice to Management

You're making the right adjustments, in my opinion. I like that you are providing feedback to the rank and file regarding company performance (past and future) and appointing knowledgeable and capable people to the board of directors. Please keep it up.

"Irrelevant...."

Current Employee - Engineer III in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some highly talented, skilled people with experience in the industry. Benefits are some of the best going....The office is well laid out and some of the folks are great to work with/for.

Cons

Complete lack of communication from the top down, rumor mill is the only way to find things out. No visible plan for the future and with one of the two leaders now gone, and the one remaining clearly doesn't want to be there, it is at best, a very uncomfortable situation. Performance on several projects in the last several years was very bad and the industry reputation has suffered. The company appears poised to do one of three things, bankruptcy, be sold or become irrelevant. Staying the current course is resulting in the irrelevant course. Lastly, there is virtually no business development. You will hear that "we let our work speak for itself....", but, so does every one else, but, they have people who make certain that their work, good work, is constantly in front of clients.

Advice to Management

The recent gathering was a step in the right direction, albeit a baby step. You need to provide a plan for the future that people can accept, support and let folks know outside of our office that all is well. You have some good people, but you have lost A LOT of good people because of your inaction and lack of communication. The industry downturn is one reason for our woes, but own up to the areas where we need to improve and take positive steps to make that happen. Continuing to use the outdated methods, procedures and allowing people to do what they did on their last job, only furthers the downward spiral.

10. "Tucson salaries"

Pros

Flat management, open door polices with little politics

Cons

No formal process for training management, No transparency from top to employees with regard to projects status and future prospecting. Not a company that provides recognition to members or teams for completing large mega projects.