M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daniel H. Neff

"Overall quality experience"

Current Employee - Engineer III in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

M3 can offer an ever-changing variety of opportunities on projects, which can include visits to the construction sites themselves to see the tangible results of years of effort. This is not for everyone, but for those who enjoy challenges (technical and otherwise) and who enjoy getting in the field M3 can be a pretty cool place to work.

There are a lot of great people at M3 that are willing to answer questions and provide guidance to new or inexperienced people, in addition to being fun to work with. I have benefited both professionally and personally from my time at M3. My bosses have been generally supportive of my growth as a professional, although autonomy and self-evaluation are encouraged (if not an outright requirement).

Cons

Workload (and thus compensation and employment) is largely dependent on the mining industry. M3 has diversified somewhat, including specializing in the design and construction of large telescopes, but other non-mining work is not sufficient to sustain the entire body of the company.

This, however, is not much different from lots of other industries (aviation/aerospace, petroleum, commercial construction). It's just something to be aware of if you're considering working for M3. 2016 was a rough year for mining, but 2017 appears to be looking better for companies like M3.

Advice to Management

You're making the right adjustments, in my opinion. I like that you are providing feedback to the rank and file regarding company performance (past and future) and appointing knowledgeable and capable people to the board of directors. Please keep it up.

"Irrelevant...."

Current Employee - Engineer III in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some highly talented, skilled people with experience in the industry. Benefits are some of the best going....The office is well laid out and some of the folks are great to work with/for.

Cons

Complete lack of communication from the top down, rumor mill is the only way to find things out. No visible plan for the future and with one of the two leaders now gone, and the one remaining clearly doesn't want to be there, it is at best, a very uncomfortable situation. Performance on several projects in the last several years was very bad and the industry reputation has suffered. The company appears poised to do one of three things, bankruptcy, be sold or become irrelevant. Staying the current course is resulting in the irrelevant course. Lastly, there is virtually no business development. You will hear that "we let our work speak for itself....", but, so does every one else, but, they have people who make certain that their work, good work, is constantly in front of clients.

Advice to Management

The recent gathering was a step in the right direction, albeit a baby step. You need to provide a plan for the future that people can accept, support and let folks know outside of our office that all is well. You have some good people, but you have lost A LOT of good people because of your inaction and lack of communication. The industry downturn is one reason for our woes, but own up to the areas where we need to improve and take positive steps to make that happen. Continuing to use the outdated methods, procedures and allowing people to do what they did on their last job, only furthers the downward spiral.

"Hoping for the best for M3"

Current Employee - Process Design Engineer in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Process Design Engineer in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best benefits in the business

Cons

Focused on a down mining industry, limited opportunity for growth/promotion/raises

Advice to Management

Expand to include more projects from a larger variety of industries. Improve the HR team, too limited to service the large number of employees effectively

"Management is not good"

Former Employee - Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people around. Good benefits. Insurance is the best ever seen. Flexible working schedule. They built nice new offices. Convenient location.

Cons

Retirement not so good. Salary not so good. owner/ management is a mess. Employees are not treated as assets and fair. A lot of Favoritism.

Advice to Management

Real management or let others manage.

"Good experience but bad for long term."

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good group of people. 100% coverage of medical and vision insurance. Sink or swim experience approach. Travel internationally. Valuable leadership experience.

Cons

No promotion. No work recognition. No salary increase within past few years. Lack of communication. Company has no goals. Executives are useless.

Advice to Management

Retired!

"Administrator"

Former Employee - Document Control Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Document Control Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Excellent experience.

Cons

Nepotism LOTS! HR hired friends & family. Forgot HR assumed she was in charge of ones destiny. Highly paid worthless employees. Stole from its clients unable to account for clients $$.

Advice to Management

Step down and let the Younger generation take over. Management so old sitting around letting business go...They waiting to retire

"Senior Mechanical Designer"

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Chandler, AZ

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time

Pros

I can't think of one. This was the worst work experience I have had in over thirty years in the, I could tell you who wrote most of these reviews and they self promoting a dead horse company. The insurance was okay, once you have been there and work your way to the top of the pay scale they let you go. Run don't look back.

Cons

Clique supervisor group, that only one persons knows what is going on. And the Micro Managers that don't have a clue of how to build anything, every person that works for this company should have a background that includes experience in a custom metal fabrication shop so they understand how things are made, the senior citizen management in Tucson needs to retire because he is out dated, a old man that doesn't understand how to make a profit. HR snakes that don't even know that you helped build this business and you started 8 years before they did and a unskilled managers and your fired.

Advice to Management

Find a different job

"Don't drink the koolaid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are an inexperienced engineer fresh out of college you will be treated like a king

Cons

the owners are not open to change or suggestions. The company is stuck in 80's mentality and the construction management portion is a complete joke

Advice to Management

Sit down with your most talented and experienced people and actually ask what needs improvement. Try just once to work as a team and remember all disciplines work for the same company. Get rid of the architecture department completely.

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Scheduler/Field Superintendent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Scheduler/Field Superintendent in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great Benefits Health Dental 401k and Vacations

Cons

Work is limited right now to 2 Jobs in the US

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Company to work with

Cons

To much work to work with