MAA Support Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

MAA Support Manager Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

2.7
MAA Chairman, President, and CEO H. Eric Bolton Jr. (no image)
H. Eric Bolton Jr.
  1. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Support Manager in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at MAA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you love to work with people, this is the job for you. I worked with Mid America from 2006 - 2011 and enjoyed my time there. The company offers great benefits such as profit sharing, medical, 401-k match, tuition reimbursement, and more. My only reason for leaving this company was a due to relocation to California (no properties in California).

Cons

I can't think of any cons other than typical industry issues (e.g. disgruntled residents and evictions). Unfortunately, it's part of the job and common within the industry.

MAA2014-07-02

"Great customer service values, Disappointing "Family" values."

Former Employee - Support Manager in McKinney, TX

I worked at MAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent training program. Great bonuses,awesome budgets for Resident events.

Cons

Upper management holds you back and keeps you in your same place because you are good at our job. Sad, my property manager was so concerned with politics she was constantly reminiscing about her college fraternity.

Advice to Management

Promote more and give the employees that "are actually doing the work" credit, instead of giving all the credit to the manager who sits around and talks about what good he/or she is doing in her life. Really review your management staff before you lose out on other good people.

MAA2014-05-01
  3. "Enjoyed my time with MAA learned a lot and would love to go back."

Current Employee - Senior Support Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at MAA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are an honest company and care about their employees

Cons

I did not experience any

Advice to Management

Regionals should look really hard at the how long an employee has been with the company, what they have done and have they carried their weight and others before listening to employees under them that have only been there for a short time. I left my employment over an unjust write up due to a leasing consultant that was with the company for less than a year. I left MAA voluntarily and 6 months after the write up.

MAA2013-09-10

"Mid-Range company to work for"

Former Employee - Support Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at MAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company seems to care about employees, Charitable foundation for families in need. Get your foot in the door with property management.

Cons

Low Pay If your not friends or related to someone you will probably be over looked for any opportunities. Property Managers are hit or miss, some are great others are terrible.

Advice to Management

When new positons become available consider actual work performance instead of who the person is related to or friends with. Good employees have been passed up for positons they would have excelled at. Consider raising the pay scale to be on par with other companies.

MAA2012-09-25
  5. "Good stepping stone"

Support Manager

I have been working at MAA

Pros

Great property that's embodies great amenities.

Cons

Pay not sufficient enough for the area.

MAA2012-04-22