MANA Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 19, 2018

3.1
Bart Yates

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Coming from Denmark this company welcomed me with open arms!"

Current Employee - Fundraiser in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in New York, NY

Pros

Mana Group is a very international company that brings the best from all cultures and makes the dynamic and atmosphere exciting and fun. Great training and each day included a feedback-session with the manager about how to improve and develop within the company.

Cons

Mana Group always have music in the background, which makes it hard not to dance and sing-along.

Advice to Management

The managers at Mana Group always have a great attitude, which makes it very easy to have a sit-down with them and asks whatever questions you have!

2. "SMALL COMPANY"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Farmers Branch, TX
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Farmers Branch, TX

I worked at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They did have a flexible schedule where you can come in early and leave early.

Cons

The insurance benefits were awful, high deductibles and premiums.

Advice to Management

Need to have better managers and supervisiors, you were expected to know everything without being trained.

"Scam!! Pyramid!!!"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can’t think of anything. This experience made me realize I need to be careful with all those unclear job descriptions

Cons

SCAM!!!!!! It’s a pyramid. They ask you to stop strangers and beg for money. You have to go out in this freezing winter for more than 10 hours. But you don’t get paid for standing in the snow. The manager who sits in the office get more than 80k for sending people out . A total nonsense!

Advice to Management

Please tell the truth from the beginning. Don’t sugarcoat about the job.

"No. Just no."

Former Employee - Trainee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work in the financial district near Wall Street. You'll get to see the entire city on a daily basis . That's pretty much it.

Cons

The atmosphere of the office is very sketchy. I felt like it was somewhat cult like. If you see things a little differently you'll be reprimanded which I found to be confusing.

Advice to Management

Don't advertise false job ads. Be upfront that this is a contract position and that there is really little PR or event coordinating being done.

"RUN! IT'S A SCAM!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Almost nothing. I learnt nothing from this company

Cons

It is terrible. They make you think that this is such a great company and you can grow and expand and earn a lot of money then reality kicks in. You can't. It 100% commission and that's it. The people really making money is the managers. They expect you there at 9.30am and you're not leaving till 9.30pm. You're on the streets of Manhattan asking strangers to sign up for their cause. Have you ever tried to stop a New Yorker? Plus if you don't sell, you don't get paid...and if ya quit you don't get paid for your time. Wasted $200 for the 2 months trying to get someone to sign up plus travel and food. DO NOT BE FOOLED!!!! This is a scam and they use the hopes of recent grads to strive. The CEO Bart is an idiot that uses profanity in the "morning meetings" and everything is just horrible! DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people. Just tell the it's begging for money from people. You're horrible people!!

6. "It would be so nice if something would make sense for a change."

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for a year and definitely enjoyed the office culture. There are so many people from different walks of life that add value to the company, and overall experience of working here.

Cons

The hours are long, and the amount of the salary you receive guaranteed does not make up for the amount of hours you are working there. Plus, you really make all of your money from commission so if you're driven by competition and sales, you will flourish. If not, this may not be the job for you. Definitely not a place to make some fast cash if you can't handle rejection. The company markets the "opportunity for unlimited growth" but management plays favoritism sometimes. You will succeed if they want you to.

"The American Dream"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MANA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came here from Africa 3 years ago with the idea that if I worked harder than everyone else that I would be able to be successful and be able to do things that my family hadn't even dreamed about. MANA Group helped me do just that. There were many companies that I applied to that wouldn't even talk to me because I had no experience in this country. Once starting at MANA, I learned that my story wasn't necessarily a unique one. There were people from all over the world working here; each trying to make their way in the world like me. MANA Group helped me with everything from my English to visas to learning the skills to succeed.

Cons

The work is hard but the rewards speak for themselves. No one said the American dream was to be handed everything. The American dream is working hard and being rewarded for it.

Advice to Management

You have been such help to me, I am truly great full.

"A great place to work!"

I have been working at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started working here about a month ago, and so far everything has been great! All of the other employees are extremely nice and have made me fit right in. I still have a lot to learn about MANA but everyone here has been very helpful with teaching me what I need to know. I am excited to see what all I can learn here and how I can expand my knowledge in the marketing world. The environment of the office is also great; very modern.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

"Good learning experience"

I have been working at MANA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at MANA Group has taught me so much the past year and I hope to learn even more. This company helped me develop my skills in sales and feel more confident speaking in front of my colleagues. Everyone here from your coworkers to your supervisors want to see you do your best. I'm surrounded by a team of people just as motivated as I am to succeed here. Even on a challenging day, it's easy to stay positive and motivated knowing the company helps charities.

Cons

None, it's a great place to work overall.

"Great Opportunity"

I have been working at MANA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job is a great opportunity for those interested in learning about sales, marketing, and communication. You receive an outstanding amount of experience while having a team of coworkers at your side ready to learn with you. Working in a team plays a crucial role in this job. Also, the fact that the company is helping charities only makes you more determined to do well. MANA Group is the place to be if you want to develop useful skills in sales.

Cons

The job can get tough at times, but it teaches you an immense amount about sales and communication.