MANA Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Bart Yates

"The American Dream"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MANA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came here from Africa 3 years ago with the idea that if I worked harder than everyone else that I would be able to be successful and be able to do things that my family hadn't even dreamed about. MANA Group helped me do just that. There were many companies that I applied to that wouldn't even talk to me because I had no experience in this country. Once starting at MANA, I learned that my story wasn't necessarily a unique one. There were people from all over the world working here; each trying to make their way in the world like me. MANA Group helped me with everything from my English to visas to learning the skills to succeed.

Cons

The work is hard but the rewards speak for themselves. No one said the American dream was to be handed everything. The American dream is working hard and being rewarded for it.

Advice to Management

You have been such help to me, I am truly great full.

"No. Just no."

Former Employee - Trainee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work in the financial district near Wall Street. You'll get to see the entire city on a daily basis . That's pretty much it.

Cons

The atmosphere of the office is very sketchy. I felt like it was somewhat cult like. If you see things a little differently you'll be reprimanded which I found to be confusing.

Advice to Management

Don't advertise false job ads. Be upfront that this is a contract position and that there is really little PR or event coordinating being done.

"RUN! IT'S A SCAM!!"

I worked at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Almost nothing. I learnt nothing from this company

Cons

It is terrible. They make you think that this is such a great company and you can grow and expand and earn a lot of money then reality kicks in. You can't. It 100% commission and that's it. The people really making money is the managers. They expect you there at 9.30am and you're not leaving till 9.30pm. You're on the streets of Manhattan asking strangers to sign up for their cause. Have you ever tried to stop a New Yorker? Plus if you don't sell, you don't get paid...and if ya quit you don't get paid for your time. Wasted $200 for the 2 months trying to get someone to sign up plus travel and food. DO NOT BE FOOLED!!!! This is a scam and they use the hopes of recent grads to strive. The CEO Bart is an idiot that uses profanity in the "morning meetings" and everything is just horrible! DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people. Just tell the it's begging for money from people. You're horrible people!!

4. "It would be so nice if something would make sense for a change."

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for a year and definitely enjoyed the office culture. There are so many people from different walks of life that add value to the company, and overall experience of working here.

Cons

The hours are long, and the amount of the salary you receive guaranteed does not make up for the amount of hours you are working there. Plus, you really make all of your money from commission so if you're driven by competition and sales, you will flourish. If not, this may not be the job for you. Definitely not a place to make some fast cash if you can't handle rejection. The company markets the "opportunity for unlimited growth" but management plays favoritism sometimes. You will succeed if they want you to.

5. "Coming from Denmark this company welcomed me with open arms!"

Current Employee - Fundraiser in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in New York, NY

Pros

Mana Group is a very international company that brings the best from all cultures and makes the dynamic and atmosphere exciting and fun. Great training and each day included a feedback-session with the manager about how to improve and develop within the company.

Cons

Mana Group always have music in the background, which makes it hard not to dance and sing-along.

Advice to Management

The managers at Mana Group always have a great attitude, which makes it very easy to have a sit-down with them and asks whatever questions you have!

"A serious opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I graduated from college I was worried about the lack of jobs out there for graduates but then I came across an interesting sounding opening at MANA Group. I am happy to have found a business that does not cap how much money you can earn or how fast you can progress. If you have no work ethic you will not thrive at MANA Group, as is true for any business with a truly respectable incentive program. I am approaching my second promotion and recommend this company.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Would love some more international travel.

"Mana Group"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at MANA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people are great that you work with, its great for sales experience (some people did struggle a lot though). Learned a lot and was a good first job

Cons

some people didn't make any money - if you dont sell you dont make any money- if you sell you make money, its tough to sell on the streets or door to door.

"Entry-level position"

I worked at MANA Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a legitimate opportunity to make decent money and there is a pyramid structure you can move up in.

Cons

Regarding the Pros - Very few people will actually reach that top tier of success. During my 2 weeks there I noticed only 15% - conservatively speaking - are making enough money to justify the work. And only a small handful will make it to the end-goal 100K position.

Don't let the luster of working for charities blind you from the obvious downfalls.

It's tremendously tedious work being on the field and trying to stop unsuspecting NYers and tourists and attempting to have them sign up for recurring donations. The vast majority of the few people that do stop for you will not be wanting to give you credit card info.

The atmosphere is almost cult-like. The fellow employees can be awesome people to hangout with but I would not recommend this to anyone. If you are looking for a pyramid scheme like this then I would suggest going to a legitimate organization like Yelp with their Account Executive positions that works more or less the same - but at least at Yelp you have benefits, a fully stocked kitchen and you're indoors.

Hours are also kind of brutal - especially if you travel to get to the office. I was only a 25min subway ride away but would enter the office at 10am and leave at 8pm on good days.

Advice to Management

Look at your life, look at your choices.

"Give it a try, form your own opinion. Exemplary Sales/Management/Leadership Training."

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at MANA Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking to learn sales, this is the company for you. Similarly so with management and leadership, though admittedly sales comes first. The first big pro is their willingness to hire entry-level and give someone like myself a shot despite having little to no relevant experience. Company culture and environment is easily the most positive, constructive, and motivating one that I've ever worked in, and the long term opportunity for growth into a management role is very real. I learned so much about myself while working here, specifically improving my skills in sales, public speaking, training, time management, budgeting, team management, and recruiting. It was kinda cool that my work had a direct impact on improving lives via the charity clients we worked with, but that was never a huge motivator personally. This job tested me in ways I had never experienced before, and I'm immeasurably glad for it.

Cons

What can I say. Most of the negative reviews are filled with hyperbole, but at the end of the day reality is perception and if these reviewers perceived their experience the way they did then it's understandable. I myself was not particularly sure of what I was getting myself into when I began here, but I stuck with it initially out of financial necessity. The hours are long, the pay is performance based and the office environment is atypical. At times I admit these were all negatives, but in learning to deal with them I achieved the personal improvement I spoke about above. The opportunity for management that is promoted there is absolutely real and tangible and available to anyone who applies themself, but statistically speaking most people will not reach it.

My advice to anyone applying here: if you're going have a go at this business, then MANA Group is the place to do it. Don't look at any of the reviews, positive or negative (barring this one of course ☺) and just give it a try. Whether you stay a day, a week, a month, a year or a lifetime, I guarantee you will learn something and that at least will make it worth your while.

Advice to Management

There might be dozens of similar companies in NYC and countless more across the country, but if you want a fair, structured, unfettered shot at this prize, do it here. I've met a lot of managers in this business and this one is by far the best. To the Management: I visited more offices than I care to count right now while working here, and you are by far the most systematic, business-minded, unbiased, level-headed manager I've met. And in my humble opinion if one wants a real chance at the opportunity presented in this business, you are the best coach to do it with. More to the point you foster an open, honest and friendly environment amongst everyone in the office and I always appreciated that.

"Fantastic entry level position"

Current Employee - Administrator/PR in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrator/PR in New York, NY

I have been working at MANA Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at the MANA Group as an PR/Administrative intern for about 2 months and I am so glad that I have this opportunity. Mana group brings up a positive vibe for employees that we always have a great attitude toward our works. We are working to help charities and it makes us feel even more better and positive about the works we are doing.

Cons

I dont find any negativities working here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you're doing