MAQ Software Reviews | Glassdoor

"Culture change needed."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time

Pros

In US you will be a project manager no matter what position you are hired for.

Cons

You will not have the pay of a project manager. You will be illegally over allocated and ridiculously under paid. There is almost no diversity as the majority of employees are on Visa. They will actively fight against any career growth opportunities that occur outside the company. The culture needs to change.

My advice, take the job if it is a last resort find something positive to get you through the slog, but never stop looking and don't give up the hope of escape. It gets better.

Advice to Management

Cultural overhaul needed.
    1. Be more transparent with employees and customers. My ethics were constantly tested.
    2. You preach humble leadership but it is not practiced.
    3. Let employees work on projects they are passionate about.
    4. Learning hour should not be required. If the topic is good people will show up. If people do not show up then it is the topic that is bad, not the people.
    5. The office is filthy and does not provide any inspiration. When you look around and see filth it is hard to take pride in where you work.
    6. Most importantly put people first and respect their time, you are not McKinsey. Don't take attendance. Don't monitor comings and goings. Instead, monitor performance.

You have built a culture based on fear driven by ego and until this changes, turn over rate will be high and you will continue to lose talented people.

2. "Be ready for anything"

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

1. You get to work on lot of new technologies
    2. Salary is good

Cons

1. Be ready to forget social life or any life outside work
    2.As the above point stresses but its necessary to point it out-you will never ever get to leave early.Period.
    3. Worse managers. They are plainly worse. Period.

Advice to Management

Employees are human beings. Please treat them like one.

"Hopeless"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Devops Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time

Pros

I do not see any pros. May be good projects.Be professional and dont play with grad students life.I was asked to do an unpaid internship(full time). I agreed initially but based on the hectic and heavy work they gave I said I may come on and off and join full time from joining time.Buy against USCIS laws they made me work as a full time without pay during internship and evaluated me during the same.

Cons

The senior co workers are nagging who will not let you work peacefuly. You feel insecure and intimidated. Also they asked me to leave for no reason and withdrew my offer letter. SO folks I got offer and it was taken back in 15 days, I was neither given proper feed back nor a bootstrap. Impulsive management and they are too unprofessional.Please do not waste time applying for this company.Hiring process in very unplanned and unorganized. Office seems to be classroom where yes men get paid. Go look for better companies. My life was screwd in 15 days itself. Cant imagine how employees work there.They pay very less compared to other companies and expect 12 hours work a day.

Advice to Management

Have a decision making structure and think before you act. Do not play with students life.

MAQ Software Response

Feb 4, 2016 – Managing Consultant

Sorry, we apologize that you had a bad experience. The company provided you training and resources at your request. We discussed basic performance and attendance challenges with you. Since our... More

"Last company on earth you should work for"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at MAQ Software full-time

Pros

None. None. NONE! NONE! NONE!

Cons

Work like a dog/donkey. No praise, no perks, nothing for you. Everything that can go wrong, is wrong with this company. They don't consider employees as humans. NEVER EVER join here if you love your life!!

Advice to Management

Consider your employees as humans. We ain't getting paid coz of you, but coz of the work we do. So remember that! If a work is done good/great, do acknowledge that. Stop playing around with your employees with bad politics.

"Not even sure I'll put it on my LinkedIn profile.. what an embarrassment."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hmmm... hmmmmm... you get a free copy of the CEO's book? Can be used as kindling in the winter months. Spoiler alert: it burns well.

Cons

Everything. The CEO is a narcissistic tyrant, no work of any consequence gets done, you'll grow to hate your life, you'll grow to loathe Microsoft because they keep this fetid corpse of a company alive, and you'll regret not watching your children grow up and watching your spouse become a stranger because of the soul-sucking nature of this company. All to feed Rajeev's ego and bottom line.

Advice to Management

Nothing; it's not like you'll listen to anything not in Harvard Business Review anyway.

"Good team with OK middle management with narcissistic tyrant at the top"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good colleagues and decent middle management
    Opportunity to expand responsibilities quickly
    Strong training system for technical skills, access to Microsoft related knowledge
    Flat org structure
    Good 401k

Cons

Extremely rude, unprofessional CEO prone to micromanagement. Creates arbitrary and hostile work environment. Results in half his company being staffed with competent but beaten down H1Bs (they can't leave). Vicious cycle. His wife: far more effective and probably main reason the company functions effectively to any extent.
    Time zone differences create chaos in personal schedules.
    Monthly payroll can cause issues early on, no big deal.
    Long hours accompanied by low morale.
    High turnover damages project continuity.
    Lower pay than competition.
    Poor office facilities in Redmond (although with free parking and good proximity to Microsoft)
    Health benefits are so-so (very high deductible on medical, but good dental/vision).

Advice to Management

General rudeness and verbal abuse not constructive.
    Dispensing good advice and then not following it makes you look hypocritical.
    Yelling at people for being 1 minute late to a meeting, then constantly showing up 5-10 minutes late yourself at other times, also hypocritical.
    Calling your employees "idiots" or more profane expletives to their faces for minor infractions is not appropriate, especially in public.
    Gratuitous power-tripping and constantly referring to yourself as the "boss" to lord over others is not the way of the effective CEO.

"Run"

I worked at MAQ Software full-time

Pros

Some great people are in the same boat as you in misery. The benefits are OK. The Microsoft side is amusing.

Cons

There is no joy or pride. The CEO gets on a soapbox whenever he can and consistently fails to practice what he preaches.

Advice to Management

Open the books and get a board.

"Worst company to work for!"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Majority of the projects are from Microsoft. So you get to work on the same tools and technologies used at Microsoft. Good for freshers out of college.

Cons

High work pressure environment. Employees are expected to work 15-16 hours a day and dedicate their life upon joining this company. Zero work-life balance. No respect for employees. No company culture. High attrition as most employees get frustrated and leave. My advice to new hires is think twice, no think thrice before taking up an offer with them.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with dignity and respect, both the ones who work there and those who leave for better opportunities. Also please stop writing self reviews on this site. They will not help your reputation.

"Worst company ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at MAQ Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros in this company, only and only endless Cons

Cons

There are endless Cons and 100% genuine and true ones -
    1) If you don't have personal life or you don't want personal life then this company is for you
    2) If you don't want to sleep, eat and want to stay in office for lifetime then this company is for you
    3) Even after working 90 hours a week, you won't get any kind of appreciation, award and moreover it will come out as, why you have not worked for 95 hours.
    4) Do not expect any kind of Salary hike, not even in your dream.
    5) Even if you are in hospital or in a dying condition, they will call you not to ask how well you are doing, but to ask, when are you coming back and will make you realize that, you are such an irresponsible person by not doing any productive work in hospital
    5) Totally amateur Project Leads and Project Manager, who doesn't know, how to handle team members. If they got any kind of heat from higher management, they will blindly pass it to you and will make you realize because of you, company is not doing great
    6) If you want to be the person, who want to cry, want to get frustrated, don't want to have friends, don't want to have family life, don't want to grow professionally in career, and don't want to see the real world, then and then join this company

Advice to Management

1) Start taking care of your employees, try to hear their pain, frustration, and resolve it
    2) A company can't be run by a single person. It's blood and sweat of your employees that make this happen. If you don't respect that, it will collapse soon. Not suddenly, but slowly and gradually for sure
    3) Please please please hear your employees concern and try to resolve it

"Worst Company ii had ever seen"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No positive point. everything is worst here.
    Please guys don't join this company even if it is the last option for you.

Cons

Every thing come under cons.
    In 1 month they evaluate the performance of Employee and fire them.
    they celebrate fire day in march and fire many employees without giving any reason.

Advice to Management

If you can not afford employee from IITs and Nits then why you hire them please stop it.