MAQ Software Reviews | Glassdoor

MAQ Software Founder & Managing Consultant Rajeev Agarwal
Rajeev Agarwal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Great place to start your career and grow"

I have been working at MAQ Software full-time

Pros

- Friendly and helpful coworkers
    - Opportunity to work on interesting BI and Machine Learning projects
    - ‎Good place to train your discipline
    - Great learning curve but I have learned and hand on several new technology
    - Several interesting company events (kayaking, rafting, Cirque du Soleil shows, etc.)
    - HR and Admin team are great. Good benefits and free parking.

Cons

- Office is quite old and not accessible during weekends
    - Kitchen is small and does not have a dining area

"Decent Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at MAQ Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Valuable work experience. Good team environment. Smart colleagues.

Cons

Delivering on a deadline may be too much for freshers who have never worked before.

"Good company for self-starters"

I have been working at MAQ Software full-time

Pros

1. You have a lot of responsibility, even in entry-level positions. You can view that as either a source of stress or a chance to grow. If you choose to see it as an opportunity to learn something new, you'll do fine here.

2. Flat organization = reduced bureaucracy. If I have a good idea, I can go straight to any member of senior management.

3. A lot of forward momentum--there's always a new training curriculum or learning initiative . If you put real effort into these, you'll get a lot of benefit.

Cons

The hours can be long because the work is project based. (On the flip side, you'll also have downtime when there's a lull between projects.)

4. "Good"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at MAQ Software as an intern

Pros

As an intern, you get direct exposure to projects and are given a lot of responsibilities.
    Will learn a lot of technologies.
    The company has a flat structure and everyone is approachable.

Cons

Didn't seem to find any cons.

"Working together to achieve goals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

I have been at MAQ Software since 2003, meaning I have witnessed the growth and progress this company has made over the years. I know everyone talks about the teamwork here, but it really is the defining characteristic of what makes MAQ so special. The passion and dedication everyone has for this work is really incredible, and it's shown in each and every project we complete.

Cons

No company is perfect, and we've of course had a few glitches along the way, both financial and employee related. But the resilience of the people at MAQ, especially Mr. Agarwal, had always kept us on our feet and ready for the next challenge.

Advice to Management

None. Mr. Agarwal is just as skilled and knowledgeable in ITT as we are, which really helps with the collaborative fluidity of our work. Everyone here works together on a daily basis to keep the company growing to its fullest potential.

"The greatest minds in the industry!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The forward-thinking and creative minds here at MAQ Software are by far the most important part of what makes it such a good company to work for. We are always working together to come up with unique solutions to technological problems, which makes every day an adventure of sorts. I love what I do here, and I always try to make sure this is reflected in the work my team produces.

Cons

Nothing is more disappointing than working on a project for months, only to discover it has major bugs. While this is just part of the nature of the job, it can really affect morale. Luckily, we’re a resilient group that’s always ready to bounce back.

Advice to Management

I think Mr. Agarwal does a good job at staying up to date with what we’re working on, but I think it would be even better if he and the other members of management spent more time with us concerning our ideas and work.

"So much room to grow!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personally, the best part of working for MAQ Software is the capacity in which it has allowed me to grow both personally and professionally. Perfecting skills and learning new ones is the central mission here at MAQ, and it’s really great to be a part of this process.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about my job here. Everyone has been very encouraging and I feel that the mentor-like attitude between older and newer employees really helps us to be as productive as possible. We are always searching for ways to make things better, which is such a gratifying feeling.

Advice to Management

Mr. Agarwal and the other members of management are a pleasure to work with. They accept everyone with open arms and minds, and make sure new employees are well-prepared through the boot camp program they must complete before joining the team. Such a great idea, it has really made things run so much smoother!

"Great Place to Work, Learn and Advance Professionally"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at MAQ Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being a project based company, there are a lot of great projects for leading Fortune 500 companies. In my time at the company, I received Agile Certified Practitioner from the Project Management Institute. The company paid for training and my certification. I worked on very good project following Agile techniques. The environment was fast-paced and action oriented. Not a lot of layers of management and great visibility. By following a disciplined approach to software projects, we were able to deliver great projects. There is little room for non-performers so they leave or are moved out instead of negatively impacting the customers. Core management team consists of five managers that ensure that customer projects are on-time and delivered well. High customer satisfaction.

Cons

Screen non-performers more quickly. Free them up earlier to opportunities outside the company. Keep up the high-performance culture.

Advice to Management

Many new employees have worked at large companies where little was expected of them. Many were on bench for months so they are unprepared to handle current software industry. Not enough is done to help them change their mindset about work. More could be done beyond sharing Founder Rajeev Agarwal's book, What I Did Not Learn at IIT which shares company culture and positive behaviors.

"Great Place to Work for A Players"

Current Employee - Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redmond, WA

Pros

Based on my experience over the last 15 years, I found that A players choose to stay with the company for the following reasons.

Professional growth
    -Substantial responsibilities at an early stage of the career
    - Exposure to all aspects of delivery lifecycle and project management
    - Continuous learning
    Type of work
    - Exciting and challenging work
    - Exposure to the latest and varied technologies
    - Company culture (environment/culture/mindset)

Transparency, lack of bureaucracy
    - Ownership and accountability
    - Autonomy (with seniority)
    - Peers with strong technical background
    - Supportive managers with technical know-how
    - There is never a dull moment (fast paced work)

All of my coworkers with project management responsibilities hold Agile Certified Practitioner certification from Project Management Institute which requires study and exams. The company pays for technical certifications from PMI, Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.

The company organizes Learning Hour every week. Employees attend annual Open House, local sporting events (mainly Soccer), Cirque du Soleil when they visit Marymoor Park, Redmond, WA. There is annual River Rafting trip at River Wenatchee in May.

Cons

As with any other employer in the consulting industry, there is pressure on engineers to stay current and learn new technologies every year. Customers expect a lot from us. Given the Agile and Lean practices, poor performers do not feel comfortable. Some of them leave on their own and others are moved out. The company believes in Work + Life + Self + Community integration. The company does not have workers that are blue collar that cannot take work home or bring home to work (idea behind work life balance).

Advice to Management

Since most employees join the company at the entry level after their engineering or MBA program, many are not aware of the workplace. The management should require new hires to review industry blogs and books on latest engineering techniques. I found that many new hires also benefited from "What I Did Not Learn at IIT" book by Rajeev Agarwal. That should be a required reading for all employees of the company so that they are aware of the industry and company practices.

"Great working environment"

Pros

Constantly learning place. Opportunity to work on latest technologies.

Cons

No cons as such. Sometimes they have long working hours