MAVERICK Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

MAVERICK Technologies Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2019

3.7
MAVERICK Technologies CEO Paul J. Galeski (no image)
Paul J. Galeski
Pros
  • "Company atmosphere, promotion of a work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "Platform agnostic" (all brands of control systems); flexible work schedule; play hard, work hard mantra(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rarely were any of these MES packages utilized due to the nature of project work(in 4 reviews)

• "They outsource a lot of their accounting so not a lot of work to do(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company to develop your career"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture with flexible work - life balance. The leaders of the company are great to work with and very friendly. I've worked at several different companies and never experienced this good of a culture where people help each other to learn different platforms. All around a great place to work!

Cons

Not many cons from this company.

Advice to Management

Keep the small company culture.

MAVERICK Technologies2019-10-07

"Great enviorment"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Houston, TX

I worked at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Grea family-like environment nice people

Cons

Pay is not as great as other companies

MAVERICK Technologies2019-10-08
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Misc

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Variety of work keeps you busy.

Cons

Some bad customers to deal with

MAVERICK Technologies2019-08-22

"Your results may vary"

Current Employee - Engineer II in Columbia, IL

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your experience here will 100% depend on what project you are assigned to and who your immediate manager is. Work environment can be fun. Flexible working hours/ work from home option. Good benefits via Rockwell Automation. Variety of projects you can work on. Opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

Your experience here will 100% depend on what project you are assigned to and who your immediate manager is. If you are salary, comp time is basically a scam - you will never be able to use it and everyone quits with 100+ hrs that they aren't paid for. Some project managers are great to work with and others are completely incompetent. Some also treat their employees very well, and others treat them very coldly. You... may be forced to do heavy amounts of travel depending on project assignment. Tons of overhead on project costs- sales, managers, HR, etc take huge chunks of the contract money but the guys actually doing the work can make very little. No bonus potential. Project workload distribution can be very unbalanced. Platform training is little to nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Some people here are treated very well and others very badly. Many mid/senior level engineers are woefully under-compensated and quit due to travel burnout or ridiculous working hours and project expectations. 90% of engineers hate comp time policy. Billing out specialists or new hires at mid/senior engineer rates is shady practice. Platform training for new hires is very poorly organized, and optimization would... lead to better results on projects. Treat your mid level employees better and you might have more of them stay around after the 3-5 year mark.

MAVERICK Technologies2019-04-12

"No balance"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have the opportunity to work with some great people on interesting projects in a variety of industries.

Cons

No real work life balance and there is a high rate of employee burnout. The majority of project work is on customer sites and requires long stretches of time away from home. Trips to customer sites are typically two to three weeks long with only four or five days home in between. Management will tell you that you will travel 30% of the time but in my experience the actual number is closer to 80%.

Advice to Management

Don't run your employees in to the ground and you will have a better chance of retaining people past the 3 - 5 year mark.

MAVERICK Technologies2019-04-26

"Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Maverick for a little over a year. It has been the best job I've had since graduating college. I've lost my previous jobs twice due to poor market conditions, so it was a little difficult not feeling like another number to my employer. Maverick has changed my perspective about my career, for the better, that is! This is a good place to grow, and I recommend all my former colleagues and friends to... work here if it's applicable to their career paths.

Cons

Some view the move to a more corporate culture as a negative more than a positive. I came in after the acquisition, so I have nothing to compare it to. Work can be a little sparse at times, and the office as well, but the camaraderie we share more than makes up for it! Overall, any cons are easily outweighed by the good!

Advice to Management

Do what is possible to maintain the family feel. I have definitely felt valued as a part of the team in my first year!

MAVERICK Technologies2018-12-20

"Oversells itself"

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time

Pros

Interesting work with a wide variety of clients

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities within the company despite what they tell you in the hiring process. Internal push back when trying to meet a clients expectations rather than do the bare minimum.

MAVERICK Technologies2018-10-08
  8. "Good Culture"

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time

Pros

The culture of the company is good, great people to work with

Cons

Management of the projects can be messy

Advice to Management

Need more time to prepare for projects

MAVERICK Technologies2018-06-22
  9. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly management and co-workers. Enjoyable time in the workplace and fun conditions

Cons

Did not enjoy the sales field

MAVERICK Technologies2018-05-29
  10. "Engineer"

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours when not on site at a factory, leadership in the company is very accessible, and there are many opportunities for relocation

Cons

Not always given much notice before having to travel for extended periods of time, don’t have as much work flexibility on project sites, and there is not much organized training before starting to work on projects

Advice to Management

Maverick could use a little more structure when it comes to training and project planning

MAVERICK Technologies2018-05-09