MAXIMUS Reviews in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Folsom, CA

I have been working at MAXIMUS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn knowledge about Med- Cal

Cons

Repeatedly Work, fast pace

2. "Decent"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Folsom, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It’s a job. There isn’t much else to say about that but the hours were horrid. Meh what else is there

Cons

You hate everyone. If you enjoy helping people choose another job or just kill yourself now. Thank you and good day.

Advice to Management

Git gud

3. "customer service representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good working environment and nice CO-workers. I can study a lot of knowledge of the regular medical and get many good friend in this company.

Cons

it is very hard to get chance to get the promotion. and hard to get the chance to try different position. the salary is lower

"Good Company With A lot More Potential."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great break room, has accessory needs for lunch. Lots of work space for Customer Service Reps. I've seen a lot of growth while working here. ISO certified company, great thing to put on resume.

Cons

Low pay rate. Wants experienced professionals but hires just about anyone that will accept their low pay rate. Accepts too much unprofessional talk that makes the company look and seem not as serious and professional as the present themselves to be in Orientation/Training. People quickly moving up with the same pay. Their rules/regulations contradict HIPPA law leaving you confused on what you should do.

Advice to Management

Be a little more with your employees than against them. Have that "When you fail, we fail" attitude instead of the dominant one. Guillermo is Great! Listen to your employees more and try to come up with outcomes instead of making them figure it out alone and risk them failing. Make the friendly competition of doing a an excellent job friendly and fun, just maybe there will be more positive outcomes

"Sr. Human Capital Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great dedicated people to work with. Awesome co-workers.

Cons

Under paid for the range of responsibilities, Lack of communication from Headquarters. Employees were under stress and turnover was huge.

6. "Review Specialist"

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time

Pros

Lots of overtime available. They have really great benefits.

Cons

They are all over the board for production standards.

7. "Training Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive environment, Great HR team, Takes feedback using surveys, A lot of people have been there for over 10 years, so it is a good place to stay.

Cons

Need more teambuilding and more communication, as in motivational communication.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incentives

8. "What a job..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Folsom, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great supervisor (I got lucky with this one). A few of the team leads were great help, and always stayed positive despite the high call volumes to the command center. It's a lot of material to take in and time is everything there, so it's a great way to build your multitasking, keystroke, and professionalism on the phone... Especially when you're dealing with irate callers.

Cons

Where do I start. Micromanagement. Can't go on Not Ready. Can't use personal time on Mondays and Tuesdays. A few of the team leads were rude. Caught one on the phone once, but she told me not to tell the supervisor. I didn't pay any mind since I was still new to the floor. She was probably the worst one. Moody, sneaky and one time I called the command center, she answered me with "You're still working here?". Pretty unprofessional for any professional setting. All in all, this job was mentally draining. $11/hr. Add a few dollars to that and I still wouldn't go back.

Advice to Management

Less gossiping. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't see or hear the leads/supervisors quietly and unnecessarily talking and laughing about something.

9. "More pros then cons"

Former Contractor - Eligibility Specialist in Folsom, CA
    Former Contractor - Eligibility Specialist in Folsom, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked on two projects here. I really enjoyed the position as an Eligibility Specialist. It paid $15 an hour, and the second project paid the same. I enjoyed the people I worked with and was able to work a lot of overtime. Since the first project did not require a phone, they allowed us to listen to music with head phones. The work was satisfying, but procedures changed constantly. Most people here are temporary employees, and pay will vary according to the project which may end eventually. There are other more long term projects, but the pay was either $13 or $11 an hour. Attendance is the #1 factor for getting moved to a new project.

Cons

Definitely the working conditions. When the building is fully staffed be prepared to wait in line for the bathroom. It is rare to have a cubicle, so you may be sitting in close proximity to other people which makes it difficult to hear when you are on the phone. They crammed a lot of people into one large room. Parking can also be a challenge.

10. "Wonderful Experience!!"

Former Contractor - Data Processing Specialist in Folsom, CA
    Former Contractor - Data Processing Specialist in Folsom, CA

I worked at MAXIMUS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work independently
    Over 500 Staff members made the work place very fun. You get to meet so many people. Felt as if I was back in high school.

Cons

Very routine
    Training / Orientation was ineffective. Very dry presentation; alot of sitting