MBI Energy Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
MBI Energy Services CHAIRMAN/CEO & PRESIDENT Trey Wilson
Trey Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Very Safety minded company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with MBI for 12 years. They offer the best training and have the genuine concern to send everyone home safely to there loved ones. The opportunity to advance and grow is superb. The benefits here are the best in the industry with minimal cost to the employees. They also have a very broad customer base so will be the leader for years to come. Great company to work for.

Cons

The winters out here can be rough, but with the proper training they provide anyone can succeed. Being away for home for 3-4 weeks can also be hard but they offer a rotational schedule to fit everyone's needs.

2. "No clear direction and lack of leadership."

I worked at MBI Energy Services full-time

Pros

Great people willing to work hard

Cons

Lack of clear leadership causing uncertainty among its workforce.

Advice to Management

Restructure

3. "Excellent!"

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time

Pros

Safety-oriented; high quality training; talented, hard-working people throughout the organization--from service areas to executive leadership MBI truly employs the best of the best.

Cons

We are actively trying to fill needed positions, but we are understaffed in many service areas until we find the right people. This makes it tough to keep up morale.

4. "loyal"

I worked at MBI Energy Services full-time

Pros

good pay, good benefits etc

Cons

leadership forgets the people who helped them succeed

Advice to Management

remember those who gave you success

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, willing to work with scheduling

Cons

Not enough drivers for the work we have so sometimes work is a little slow

6. "Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time

Pros

I have been with the company for a couple of years. Through the ups and the downs and this company always has it's people in mind. The industry we work in is ever changing. MBI has been nothing but fair to me in compensation, flexibility and trust. The company continues to head in the correct direction. Almost everyone you meet is always willing to help in some way. All around great company to work for.

Cons

Industry is tough and ever changing. Lacking some management skills in certain areas.

Advice to Management

Look at the top and what your top level management is doing for the company. Could definitely use some improvement. Communication is key, and recognizing all the women and men working out in the elements.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford City, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford City, ND

Pros

Started driving at the lowest pay scale worked hard, promoted several times, great career opportunities. Great Safety program.

Cons

The weather can be unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and promote from within

"Home Grown local Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, ND

Pros

I have been at MBI for several years and feel that I have always been treated fairly. I appreciate the fact that MBI has always allowed me the opportunity to support my family in every way possible and not just financially. This means I have always been allowed to attend my kids activities and we have always had a flexible schedule to be able to participate in many activities that were not work related. I feel that I have always given my best effort to MBI and believe that MBI has done it's best to repay me by providing me the ability to make a good living so I could support my family well and even give them some extra. We all know that the oil field can be a brutal work environment with tough work schedules combined with any and all weather situations imaginable. The fact that we have an employer that does everything they can to put my safety first before anything else is all I could ever ask for.

Cons

One of the biggest issues I see with MBI is that we are a service company that has been built to work in any and all conditions. This does occasionally cause uncomfortable working environment as ND is no stranger to nasty weather conditions. Although MBI provides it's employee's with everything that they need to combat the elements it can still get a little brutal out there from time to time.

Another issue that MBI as well as any other employer in this industry has to deal with on a daily basis is that we are all constantly watching the price of oil and have to make very abrupt changes to our rates sometimes in order to keep the work that we have or in order to gain more market share. These changes don't always have a positive impact on the wages that MBI can pay it's employee's. That being said, this is the industry that we work in and MBI along with it's customers and competitors all have to be able to endure the ever changing market and be able to make some tough choices during the down turns.

Advice to Management

Always make sure that you are giving all of your employee's as much information as you can about the state of the company and what the future looks like. I believe that most MBI employee's understand the fluctuating market that they work in but also need a continuous stream of information to keep them in the loop and allow them to plan for what may or may not be coming in the future.

Always be truthful with your employee's and you will be much better off with a happier work force going forward.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belfield, ND

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good steady company to work for. Safety minded and keep employees first.

Cons

Changes have had to occur because of the decline in the market but overall they have done everything they can to retain their people.

Advice to Management

Stay involved in retaining your people. Spend as much time as you can with them in the field showing them you are out there with them

"Solid Company To Be Working For"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Belfield, ND
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Belfield, ND

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MBI has been a wonderful place to work over the past few years. I've been very fortunate and blessed to have been apart of this company through the ebb and flow of the oil price changes.

MBI fosters a family friendly environment. With that said, they have been more than accommodating with me and my situation. They understand that family comes first and will work with you to give you a schedule that works for you and the company.

The one constant in life is change. At MBI, change is an everyday occurrence. The changes MBI makes help to position the company for greater success. These changes we've seen have been tough, but they've only helped to make MBI better positioned for prosperous years to come.

MBI tries really hard to provide fair compensation. When thinking of compensation, don't just think about the annual or hourly sum; think about PTO; Insurance (health, dental, vision); company matching 401K; life insurance plan. These, along with other benefits, are offered at MBI. The employee contribution, specifically to insurance, is more than reasonable and still allows you to take home a good portion of your wages.

Cons

The one con I have is constant among all companies, no matter what industry, no matter the size of the company: communication. The lack of communication is hard to deal with, but MBI is making the necessary changes to correct the lack thereof.

Advice to Management

There is no such thing as over-communication (in my opinion). Please continue making the corrective actions in communicating to employees. When information is not confidential, please share with your team so that everyone is on the same page and understands what is happening.