MBI Energy Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MBI Energy Services CHAIRMAN/CEO & PRESIDENT Trey Wilson
Trey Wilson

1. "Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time

Pros

I have been with the company for a couple of years. Through the ups and the downs and this company always has it's people in mind. The industry we work in is ever changing. MBI has been nothing but fair to me in compensation, flexibility and trust. The company continues to head in the correct direction. Almost everyone you meet is always willing to help in some way. All around great company to work for.

Cons

Industry is tough and ever changing. Lacking some management skills in certain areas.

Advice to Management

Look at the top and what your top level management is doing for the company. Could definitely use some improvement. Communication is key, and recognizing all the women and men working out in the elements.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford City, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford City, ND

Pros

Started driving at the lowest pay scale worked hard, promoted several times, great career opportunities. Great Safety program.

Cons

The weather can be unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent and promote from within

"Home Grown local Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, ND

Pros

I have been at MBI for several years and feel that I have always been treated fairly. I appreciate the fact that MBI has always allowed me the opportunity to support my family in every way possible and not just financially. This means I have always been allowed to attend my kids activities and we have always had a flexible schedule to be able to participate in many activities that were not work related. I feel that I have always given my best effort to MBI and believe that MBI has done it's best to repay me by providing me the ability to make a good living so I could support my family well and even give them some extra. We all know that the oil field can be a brutal work environment with tough work schedules combined with any and all weather situations imaginable. The fact that we have an employer that does everything they can to put my safety first before anything else is all I could ever ask for.

Cons

One of the biggest issues I see with MBI is that we are a service company that has been built to work in any and all conditions. This does occasionally cause uncomfortable working environment as ND is no stranger to nasty weather conditions. Although MBI provides it's employee's with everything that they need to combat the elements it can still get a little brutal out there from time to time.

Another issue that MBI as well as any other employer in this industry has to deal with on a daily basis is that we are all constantly watching the price of oil and have to make very abrupt changes to our rates sometimes in order to keep the work that we have or in order to gain more market share. These changes don't always have a positive impact on the wages that MBI can pay it's employee's. That being said, this is the industry that we work in and MBI along with it's customers and competitors all have to be able to endure the ever changing market and be able to make some tough choices during the down turns.

Advice to Management

Always make sure that you are giving all of your employee's as much information as you can about the state of the company and what the future looks like. I believe that most MBI employee's understand the fluctuating market that they work in but also need a continuous stream of information to keep them in the loop and allow them to plan for what may or may not be coming in the future.

Always be truthful with your employee's and you will be much better off with a happier work force going forward.

"Ross Oil Driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Ross, ND
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Ross, ND

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management in my location really cares about my needs. They are always willing to listen to my needs and I believe they have my back.

Cons

Its the oil field! There is no normal. Your pay fluctuates from outstanding to just ok so you have to be able to budget.

Advice to Management

With the oil field being so volatile don't forget who the workhorses are and recognize them.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good steady company to work for. Safety minded and keep employees first.

Cons

Changes have had to occur because of the decline in the market but overall they have done everything they can to retain their people.

Advice to Management

Stay involved in retaining your people. Spend as much time as you can with them in the field showing them you are out there with them

"Solid Company To Be Working For"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Belfield, ND
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Belfield, ND

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MBI has been a wonderful place to work over the past few years. I've been very fortunate and blessed to have been apart of this company through the ebb and flow of the oil price changes.

MBI fosters a family friendly environment. With that said, they have been more than accommodating with me and my situation. They understand that family comes first and will work with you to give you a schedule that works for you and the company.

The one constant in life is change. At MBI, change is an everyday occurrence. The changes MBI makes help to position the company for greater success. These changes we've seen have been tough, but they've only helped to make MBI better positioned for prosperous years to come.

MBI tries really hard to provide fair compensation. When thinking of compensation, don't just think about the annual or hourly sum; think about PTO; Insurance (health, dental, vision); company matching 401K; life insurance plan. These, along with other benefits, are offered at MBI. The employee contribution, specifically to insurance, is more than reasonable and still allows you to take home a good portion of your wages.

Cons

The one con I have is constant among all companies, no matter what industry, no matter the size of the company: communication. The lack of communication is hard to deal with, but MBI is making the necessary changes to correct the lack thereof.

Advice to Management

There is no such thing as over-communication (in my opinion). Please continue making the corrective actions in communicating to employees. When information is not confidential, please share with your team so that everyone is on the same page and understands what is happening.

"Driver/safety"

Current Employee - Truck Driver/Safety in Belfield, ND
    Current Employee - Truck Driver/Safety in Belfield, ND

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I started 9 years ago driving oil truck for two years then got into the safety department. The company ensures good equipment, good benefits, and hours to include overtime. The people make a company what it is and I do not think there are any finer people any where.

Cons

The only down side is 1) as a driver you work out side in the weather. 2) the industrie is like any other supply and demand. In this case oil prices. Neither one of these can be controlled.

Advice to Management

They key is keep the employees healthy, let them know they are appreciated and are important to the company. I know you are on the right track.

9. "Business development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Watford City, ND
    Current Employee - Business Development in Watford City, ND

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time

Pros

Mbi is a great company to work for and has helped me grow with the company the last 5 years. Great pay and benifits also a local based company that is very important I think knowing the company is not going to pack up and leave this is home.

Cons

Alot of people don't realize how great out company is. I am a firm believer in this company and we hope you will be to.

Advice to Management

Inform all employees were the company is heading and what our goals are so every one is on the same page.

10. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Belfield, ND
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Belfield, ND

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They take care of their people, They are solid financially in a business climate that has seen a lot of companies bankrupt. There are ups and downs in any business in the oil field.

Cons

Lots of changes because of business climate, so it seems like we are always making changes and that is always difficult.

Advice to Management

Get to know your people on the ground doing the work

11. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Operations in Belfield, ND
    Current Employee - Operations in Belfield, ND

I have been working at MBI Energy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

MBI is a company that does care about their Employees, their Customers and the Community. With the downturn in the oil industry, some very tough decisions had to be made. Customers demanded rate cuts. Unfortunately, there were lay offs and other cost cutting measures. MBI is coming back strong and will pass rate increases back to the employees. We have not compromised our ethics by hauling illegal. We run by DOT regulations and will continue to.

Changes can be very tough but they were needed to survive. The outlook is positive. Feel free to grab any member of management if you have concerns and want to talk. We will listen

Cons

Employees were asked to contribute to health insurance so it is no longer 100% company paid. That is an added expense to the employee but, again, it was needed change. 100% paid health insurance is a great benefit but it doesn't happen much these days in the oil field.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to employees and explain why things are happening.