MCG Health Reviews | Glassdoor

MCG Health Reviews

Found 84 reviews

4.6
Pros
  • "The work-life balance and flexibility I have at MCG is the biggest pro(in 9 reviews)

• "Our executive team is very approachable and know most of us by name(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 2 reviews)

• "I respect the management and it is the best company I have ever worked for hands down(in 2 reviews)

"5 Star Work Culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MCG Health full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

This is a niche company in the healthcare space, but they've got extremely bright (and humble) leadership. Seriously, these executives (a quirky bunch but they do have good senses of humor about themselves) have led this company to much success and stability. I've never worked with more intelligent people, and they actually seem to care about their workforce. Seriously. That's not corporate Kool Aid, the CEO even checks...

Cons

I don't think this is a con, but I know many people want a big name on their resume like Facebook or Amazon - and MCG (part of the Hearst media giant) is relatively unknown in the hot tech crowd. However, you'd be making a mistake not to consider MCG - most everyone here I know seems very happy (probably because they're not treated like raw material to be used up and thrown out).

Advice to Management

Keep sailing this ship on the steady. You're doing a lot of things right. I think MCG needs to be more visible on the recruiting scene. A lot of people don't know it yet, but this is a place people should strive all their lives to work for.

October 28, 2018Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for the wonderful review! We really appreciate the feedback. We're happy to be one of those places people want to stay for a long period of time.

2. "Veneer of a positive, supportive culture"

I have been working at MCG Health full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Quality employees who give their all each day and take pride in their work.

Cons

Agree with review from “Technologist” with out of touch leadership, technical debt, underresourced teams. Too many avoidable bugs because of rushed/hacked jobs. A number of employees avoid work, take credit for other people’s work, or unload work on others. Deadlines on big projects get missed time and again but not much accountability. It’s always someone else’s fault or out of anyone’s control. Passive aggressiveness...

Advice to Management

Take an honest look, keep the true performers and let the others go. This may require a 3rd party but worth it. Please stop punishing strong employees who need help and rewarding/giving a pass to those who are not meeting expectations. It perpetuates an environment of mistrust in leadership. The good employees are leaving or looking to leave. To HR: the substance of this review was submitted on the employee survey

3. "Overall Good"

I worked at MCG Health full-time

Pros

Small company. You will get the chance to work with many different teams.

Cons

Salary is below the industry average.

"Unfriendly environments"

I worked at MCG Health full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

work-life balance is OK.

Cons

It has a close-circle environment. It doesn't trust anyone outside the circle.

February 23, 2019Digital Marketing Manager

We do appreciate the honest feedback. At MCG, some of our core values are openness and transparency which we believe is reflected in our many positive employee reviews. We understand this environment is not ideal for everyone, and we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

"Technologist"

I have been working at MCG Health full-time

Pros

Great people, mcg values diversity. Work life balance if your team understand how to effectively break down work (self organizing teams).

Cons

ET has lost touch with the organization. Product Management has a huge appetite for new things with very little regard for technical debt while still wanting high quality. This is putting too much pressure on all other departments.

Advice to Management

Learn to focus on strategic goals instead of chasing every shiny object.

January 7, 2019Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the transparent feedback, and we will relay this to the Executive Team. As a current employee, we also hope you provide this feedback during our next employee survey or voice your concerns during our kick-off meetings this month. We're ...

"Sales Development Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at MCG Health full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very flexible schedule Handsome Salary Quality product you can believe in selling Good benefits

Cons

Sales Management is too relaxed Company culture is too calculated (takes too long for decisions and actions to be made) Job duties are too simple for inside sales dept (need more responsibility and more engaged management) Lack of overall engagement/interaction between management and/or co-workers

Advice to Management

Become more engaged! Sales reps don't need a babysitter but they do need a coach. Make you're presence known and roll up sleeves and get hands dirty if your reps need help with anything. Be more candid and less pc. Its possible to be honest while also keeping feedback grounded in reality. If someone is doing great, praise them loudly. If someone is doing bad, keep them in firm check. Being too hands off is a recipe for...

October 28, 2018Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for working with us and for providing helpful feedback. We will share it with our leadership. We cannot improve unless we get transparent input such as yours. Thank you for being a part of the MCG team!

• "Editor"

Current Employee - Editor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MCG Health full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Staff are very passionate to provide quality guidelines

Cons

Passion for a quality product can make the work/life balance difficult

October 28, 2018Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback on MCG. We do value the input and we appreciate your contributions - not only to our organization but to the great field of healthcare guidance.

• "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager

I have been working at MCG Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture of putting employees first. Work hard, but recognized for contributions. Work truly makes a difference.

Cons

Like many organizations, there tends to be some solos, but this is minor, and improving.

Advice to Management

Please don’t change, the culture is what attracts new gallant, and keeps the current talent.

October 28, 2018Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We agree that the culture is key, and we strive to maintain one that is employee-focused and places a high degree of value on quality work.

• "Good Company Culture"

I have been working at MCG Health full-time

Pros

It starts with the people...

Cons

The rate of growth can, at times, result in employees needing to take on more work than one person should have.

February 23, 2019Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for the great review! We're so very grateful. Constructive feedback is also useful, so thank you for giving a balanced perspective.

• "Fantastic work culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MCG Health full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Management genuinely cares about employees. The entire team is enthusiastic and driven.

Cons

Growing really quickly can be challenging to maintain excellent culture

Advice to Management

Don’t change the culture because the company is growing. The culture is our most valuable asset.

February 23, 2019Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for the kind words, and we agree - the culture helps drives the engine of MCG. Great people and great atmosphere.

Found 84 reviews