MCG Health Reviews | Glassdoor

MCG Health Reviews

Updated November 10, 2018

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work-life balance and flexibility I have at MCG is the biggest pro" (in 9 reviews)

• "Our executive team is very approachable and know most of us by name" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I respect the management and it is the best company I have ever worked for hands down" (in 2 reviews)

• "Decision by committee is a real hurdle even though there are some pros associated with that decision-making style" (in 2 reviews)

1. "5 Star Work Culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MCG Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a niche company in the healthcare space, but they've got extremely bright (and humble) leadership. Seriously, these executives (a quirky bunch but they do have good senses of humor about themselves) have led this company to much success and stability. I've never worked with more intelligent people, and they actually seem to care about their workforce. Seriously. That's not corporate Kool Aid, the CEO even checks in with people periodically. Decent benefits, and definitely good pay. I also appreciate the high level of flexibility and trust from my Director. But seriously, the culture is fun (not too corporate), but also humble and team-oriented. They care more about their employees and customers than destroying people's lives to make a quick buck. Quality is paramount.

Cons

I don't think this is a con, but I know many people want a big name on their resume like Facebook or Amazon - and MCG (part of the Hearst media giant) is relatively unknown in the hot tech crowd. However, you'd be making a mistake not to consider MCG - most everyone here I know seems very happy (probably because they're not treated like raw material to be used up and thrown out).

Advice to Management

Keep sailing this ship on the steady. You're doing a lot of things right. I think MCG needs to be more visible on the recruiting scene. A lot of people don't know it yet, but this is a place people should strive all their lives to work for.

Oct 28, 2018 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for the wonderful review! We really appreciate the feedback. We're happy to be one of those places people want to stay for a long period of time.

2. "Technologist"

I have been working at MCG Health full-time

Pros

Great people, mcg values diversity. Work life balance if your team understand how to effectively break down work (self organizing teams).

Cons

ET has lost touch with the organization. Product Management has a huge appetite for new things with very little regard for technical debt while still wanting high quality. This is putting too much pressure on all other departments.

Advice to Management

Learn to focus on strategic goals instead of chasing every shiny object.

Jan 7, 2019 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for the honest review. We appreciate the transparent feedback, and we will relay this to the Executive Team. As a current employee, we also hope you provide this feedback during our next... More

3. "Sales Development Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at MCG Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule
    Handsome Salary
    Quality product you can believe in selling
    Good benefits

Cons

Sales Management is too relaxed
    Company culture is too calculated (takes too long for decisions and actions to be made)
    Job duties are too simple for inside sales dept (need more responsibility and more engaged management)
    Lack of overall engagement/interaction between management and/or co-workers

Advice to Management

Become more engaged! Sales reps don't need a babysitter but they do need a coach. Make you're presence known and roll up sleeves and get hands dirty if your reps need help with anything. Be more candid and less pc. Its possible to be honest while also keeping feedback grounded in reality. If someone is doing great, praise them loudly. If someone is doing bad, keep them in firm check. Being too hands off is a recipe for creating monotony and sales reps need to stay hungry in order to thrive.

Oct 28, 2018 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for working with us and for providing helpful feedback. We will share it with our leadership. We cannot improve unless we get transparent input such as yours. Thank you for being a part of... More

4. "Editor"

Current Employee - Editor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Editor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MCG Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Staff are very passionate to provide quality guidelines

Cons

Passion for a quality product can make the work/life balance difficult

Oct 28, 2018 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback on MCG. We do value the input and we appreciate your contributions - not only to our organization but to the great field of healthcare guidance.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager

I have been working at MCG Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture of putting employees first. Work hard, but recognized for contributions. Work truly makes a difference.

Cons

Like many organizations, there tends to be some solos, but this is minor, and improving.

Advice to Management

Please don’t change, the culture is what attracts new gallant, and keeps the current talent.

Oct 28, 2018 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We agree that the culture is key, and we strive to maintain one that is employee-focused and places a high degree of value on quality work.

6. "Good Company Culture"

I have been working at MCG Health full-time

Pros

It starts with the people...

Cons

The rate of growth can, at times, result in employees needing to take on more work than one person should have.

7. "Fantastic work culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MCG Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management genuinely cares about employees. The entire team is enthusiastic and driven.

Cons

Growing really quickly can be challenging to maintain excellent culture

Advice to Management

Don’t change the culture because the company is growing. The culture is our most valuable asset.

8. "Challenging Work"

I have been working at MCG Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Supportive team members; the research work needed is challenging and rewarding

Cons

Spread across the country; less communication between departments

"OK place to work"

I worked at MCG Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Work-life balance,
    Good Location

Cons

Too many changes
    Leadership
    Salary and benifits

"Ok place to work"

I have been working at MCG Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Company has many people bought in and is an industry leader

Cons

Lack of training, some groups are extremely cliquey, company focused on growth but doesn’t provide support to do so. Turnover rate is higher than you would like to see

Advice to Management

Consider different growth strategies, operate the business with more empathy for your clients, and train your staff much more effectively