MCK Americas Reviews | Glassdoor

MCK Americas Reviews

Updated Mar 4, 2019

5.0
MCK Americas President, CEO Brendan McDevitt (no image)
Brendan McDevitt
  1. "Startup feel but swings a big stick"

I have been working at MCK Americas full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've loved my transition at MCK as it's been absolutely as-advertised. Family-feel with startup mentality but without the lack of direction. No one is stealing your time with long, pointless meetings, or making you do things just because. You're encouraged to be creative and help provide solutions that make a direct impact on the growth of the company. Everyone seems to be given an opportunity to contribute if they want even if they're not in a growth type of role.

Cons

Can't think of anything yet - like with any family feel and startup vibe if you're the type that needs regimented steps and process then this company may not be for you, but I prefer to have some autonomy and freedom to create and contribute so this is a plus for me.

Advice to Management

Keep building and keep collaborating.

MCK Americas2019-03-05
  2. "Great company that values its employees and encourages work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MCK Americas full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking for a company that welcomes your ideas and encourages you to succeed, then MCK is the company for you! Coming from a very large corporation, moving to a small company has been the best thing I have done in my career. MCK's upper management really listens to the employees and adopts new ideas to make the company better. MCK is truly a family friendly company and you really feel like you are a part of a team. All the employees work together and genuinely care about the well being of one another. MCK encourages work/ life balance, which is hard to find.

Cons

No cons during my employment.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing by listening to the employees ideas and concerns.

MCK Americas2017-08-14
  3. "Wonderful Team"

I worked at MCK Americas full-time for more than a year

Pros

The friendly people at MCK make you feel like you're part of a big team even though fellow coworkers can be spread out among different projects. The company has also made an effort to keep everyone informed and updated about the growth and projects of the company. During my time working for MCK, I have not met many of my fellow MCK coworkers, but I still feel that everyone is a part of the family. Everyone is really kind and supportive. If you have the opportunity to work with MCK, you should strongly consider it.

Cons

I haven't experienced any downsides for working with MCK.

Advice to Management

You guys are wonderful, but what's really great is that you are pushing the company's growth to its' full potential.

MCK Americas2017-07-26
  4. "Great Company & Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MCK Americas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management promotes open communication and collaboration with other employees. Employees ideas and suggestions are genuinely listened to and considered. The company structure is very streamlined and promotes a family atmosphere. It is very rewarding to work for a company that shows appreciation for a job well done. The experience of the company provides for a diverse range of projects.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons during my tenure at MCK.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

MCK Americas2017-07-21
  5. "Amazing Transition"

Assistant Construction Manager

I have been working at MCK Americas

Pros

I am new to the company and already feel at home. The entire MCK team communicates very well and made me feel as though I was a part of the company immediately. Coming from a larger corporation it was very pleasant to experience interactions that are truly genuine and not motivated by some policy or procedure. MCK is not bogged down by unnecessary internal forms or practices. Everyone has a voice and what you say matters. Efficiency is a big pro; we get in, get work done, have some laughs then go home.

Cons

Only Con that may apply is that this a customer oriented company and performance based. You are given a lot of responsibility and you interact daily with the client. There is no where to hide if you are not willing to work hard or assuming you can float through this. You are expected to be dedicated to representing the company and maintain a very positive reputation with owners in the industry.

MCK Americas2017-01-13
  6. "TRULY a Family Environment"

Current Employee - Office Manager-Irvine/BD in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MCK Americas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small company with an amazing reputation in the industry. Truly a family environment. The sky is the limit with opportunity. Management listens, mentors and trains. By far the most AMAZING company I've worked for.

Cons

In my opinion, there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Management has it dialed in.

MCK Americas2016-04-26
  7. "Great Company!!!"

Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MCK Americas

Pros

The list of pros for this company will go on and on. This is because the leadership has a great attitude that reflects throughout the entire company. Brendan, President of MCK, is very accessible to all employees and takes a personal interest in everyone at the company - this is unique and very rewarding! MCK's entire team is highly qualified and are some of the top professionals in the entire industry. The company's extensive experience provides great mentorship for anyone willing to work hard and learn every day. MCK is an emerging business that has had record success over the last 5 years, and is expected to continue growing into the future.

Cons

If there are any cons about working fro MCK, they are easily overshadowed by all of the positives. In order to give a constructive review, here goes: Some travel is required depending on the project. Work is often project to project but management does a great job keeping everyone busy. That's all i can come up with. Overall, great company with great people!

Advice to Management

Continue working so closely with your employees and providing great leadership. Congratulations on your success and on building such a great team!

MCK Americas2016-03-25
  8. "Hidden gem of a company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MCK Americas part-time

Pros

Family atmosphere. Feel like I'm directly making an impact for the company. Insane amount of growth potential here for the company and employees. Company has tremendous rep in industry despite it's size.

Cons

Can't really think of much here. Smaller firm so people haven't heard of us outside the industry but that's what I kind of like about it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

MCK Americas2016-03-06