MCN Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MCN Healthcare Founders Amanda Valeur & Pam Gustafson
Amanda Valeur & Pam Gustafson

1. "Great working environment!"

I have been working at MCN Healthcare full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with all the really smart people here. Innovation and feedback are always encouraged. A very self motivating work environment. Competitive salary and benefits with other tech companies. Growth appears to be very consistent with space to expand and they always seem to be hiring more high performers. This is a place that allows for a little more work/life balance than most tech companies.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. Management are not likely to hold your hand and tell you that you're doing great. Not all opportunities for advancement are clear so you need to ask for the development you want.

Advice to Management

It is great to work at a place that so highly values customer experience so keep that up but do not jump on every customer comment and try to make decisions more data driven. You seem to be supportive and protective of your employees but do not let the slackers hang on so long.

"#isurvivedmcn Support Group and Free TShirt"

I worked at MCN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with. The people you work with are the only pro. Except pizza Fridays and bagels. Thats it.

Cons

We, the many former employees of MCN Healthcare, together are offering a support group to honor those who have survived working at MCN!!

Did you get hired thinking your job would be one thing, but it completely changed once you got there? Did your pay change to lower (is that #evenlegal)? Did you get a new comp plan and told by a foreign woman that you had to accept it or quit? Did you end up reporting to the owner of the company because she completely takes everything over and and becomes your boss, even tho you thought you were supposed to be reporting to someone else? Did you dread each week, and each new lie you were told after the managers got together for meetings? Did you get a bonus, or maybe you didn't get any bonus ? Did you have to start a counseling support group to cope with going the office each morning, wondering what kind of mood would be there and what crazy thing would happen that day, or the day after, or the day after that? Were you told about all the career growth you could have? Ha! We all were, but there is none! Zero!

MCN is an insane place to work. There is so much turnover and so many people who leave. Except the #fishtankguy he never leaves. The owners don't have a clue. Everyone else is super nice, but the owners make up the mood and everyone knows it. The staff all keep track of who leaves each year, we counted half the staff turnover in a single year. NOT good. and the Customers are charged waaay too much for the product. That's what I heard anyhow, Just sayin.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Your company is insane. Surprised you have any employees or any customers left at all.

"Surprised they can employ anyone anymore with their track record"

I worked at MCN Healthcare full-time

Pros

Ideally located near I25 and Colorado. It is a great market and a good service offering

Cons

There are a number of issues: Don't fall into the trap of positive reviews forced on employees to put up here. You cannot put lipstick on a pig and call it beautiful. The root cause of their issues are the family ownership and their dictator ruling ways. The Company has a long history of turnover and employee retention issues. All stem from the ownership who treat this Company as a piggy bank as well as a sort of its my way or the highway attitude.

The Company lacks real leadership as the leaders are nothing but puppets to the owners.

My advice is you will waste your time here and become frustrated as many others who have and many smart enough to leave.

Advice to Management

This Company should be sold and the family go away.

"Horrible is all I can say"

I worked at MCN Healthcare full-time

Pros

The only Pro to working at this company was the people I worked with

Cons

The owner and upper management. I have worked for three different Fortune 500 companies and have never seen anything like this. The owner and upper management manages with anywhere from passive aggressive threats to flat out threats. The department of approximately 13 I worked in turned over twice with people in the year I worked there. People would literally get up and just walk out.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and create a environment people want to work in.

6. "Great Company!"

Pros

Great company to work with. The people I work closely with are great, and the products they offer are solid!

Cons

Don't have any cons at this moment

7. "Working at MCN is amazing, fun, rewarding and fufilling!"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist/Support Team in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist/Support Team in Denver, CO

I have been working at MCN Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Management, Communication, Training, Management Involvement, Team Play and Colleagues are all top notch. I am surrounded by industry leaders who push me to be as good as they are. The work environment is professional, and interdepartmental communication is a standard. Our Co-Founder takes a positive hands-on approach during the client implementation process. The software is updated with improvements on a weekly basis, versus issuing updates every 6 months to a year like most other companies. The sales team works directly with support and the Customer Experience Team to ensure the implementation team encounters no surprises with the clients. The content director and her team is constantly updating documentation. We are provided with the best tools to get our jobs done. Requesting time off is always met with positive responses. Free covered parking? In Denver? YES!

Cons

After 8 months, I cannot report any. I've been an IT professional in different specialities for a number of years and this is the best company I've ever worked for. PERIOD!

Advice to Management

Keep guiding and listening as you always have. I appreciate how you take our ideas and improvements and allow us to deploy those solutions based on our findings.

8. "MCN Healthcare is a wonderful company!"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Denver, CO

Pros

What a great group of people, a real team. We collaborate and have fun doing our jobs. At the end of the day, we are all here to get a quality product to our customers, and we do that very well.

Cons

I have not found any up to this point.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, what a great place to work!!

9. "Work hard and your efforts will be recognized"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

The company has consistently grown for several years. The software is healthcare specific and built at the request of existing customers. A lot is being done for growth including new office space, hiring and exposure through various marketing efforts. The company often puts together functions during work hours and after to maintain a good work/life balance and atmosphere.

Cons

The company has faced some growing pains in recent years which led to the loss of some good employees. Maximizing sometimes has no clear path and my belief is that hindsight can be 20/20 at times.

Advice to Management

Keep driving your teams output by giving individuals tasks and positions that they can excel at. Give ideas time to work.

"A toxic environment to work. Don't get duped in the interview process"

I worked at MCN Healthcare full-time

Pros

There were some nice people that unfortunately worked at MCN.

Cons

The owners are manipulative. They are unethical and honestly, I am surprised this company has survived given my observations. They treat the Company and it's employees as their little people who should be glad they are working there. I really am surprised given all the negative reports here that this company even remains in business. I wonder if their customers know how bad they are? They do a number of things that might be illegal in fact.

Advice to Management

Sell your Company! you couldn't or shouldn't run a lemonade stand!

"Careful of the inner circle"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO

Pros

Good people and conversation most of the time and I really like the new people they brought in to help sales.

Cons

Be very careful of the folks that are close to ownership. People that have close connections to the owners and the silent owners bypass their own managers and go directly to the owners to provide false feedback. This feedback is wrongly used and has sent people out the door. One person in particular has been there since the start and will get anyone let go if they don't like them or creates stories that are shared with the people that don't come in everyday. Sometimes there's no basis for the feedback that this person is feeding ownership.

Advice to Management

Don't trust the folks that clean the fish bowl. Trust the data that is being presented by employees to their managers to fix the product or customer experience.