MCN Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MCN Healthcare Founders Amanda Valeur & Pam Gustafson
Amanda Valeur & Pam Gustafson

"Careful of the inner circle"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Denver, CO

Pros

Good people and conversation most of the time and I really like the new people they brought in to help sales.

Cons

Be very careful of the folks that are close to ownership. People that have close connections to the owners and the silent owners bypass their own managers and go directly to the owners to provide false feedback. This feedback is wrongly used and has sent people out the door. One person in particular has been there since the start and will get anyone let go if they don't like them or creates stories that are shared with the people that don't come in everyday. Sometimes there's no basis for the feedback that this person is feeding ownership.

Advice to Management

Don't trust the folks that clean the fish bowl. Trust the data that is being presented by employees to their managers to fix the product or customer experience.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at MCN Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview was honestly the best part of working here. Every one put on their happy faces and made it appear as though my position actually was important and there was room for growth.

Cons

Two of the three people that took part in my interview were fired within my first month and one was my manager. Those people were the only ones that made my daily tasks tolerable. It's a very toxic environment with high turnover. It ta takes a very long time for any decision to be made on policies and procedures because the upper management has to approve EVERY little decision. Sales is extremely hard when you cant even find the company on a Google search when looking for key words. It's also very difficult to set appointments for sales reps when they are not good at keep in calendars up to date.

Advice to Management

Perhaps send some money on actual marketing. Learn to treat employees as people instead of robots with no lives or feelings. Give employees the freedom to do what works best for them as far as day to day duties and actually have input on things that effect them.

"Stay Away from the Absentee Owner"

Former Employee - Client Services in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Client Services in Denver, CO

I worked at MCN Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Denver, CO is the place to be right now especially in healthcare technology. Tons of start ups and a supportive local business community. The owners of the company are rarely in the office, pretty much only in Denver when they precipitate yet another crisis of their own making.

Cons

The owners of MCN are very abusive and aggressively attack any attempt by employees to make it a more progressive place to work. Turnover is extremely high with many people constantly quitting out of frustration.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to employees. Even if you are faking it, it would be nice to put aside the arrogance and patronizing attitude for a few minutes. And get some psychological help, even at an advanced age we all benefit from therapy.

"Terrible Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

There are very few. The only ones are nice coworkers (but not management). Also, decent vacation time and other benefits but other than that nothing.

Cons

Incredibly high turnover rate. Average employee is there for a couple months, most no more then one year. Also, nepotism in company. Lots of fighting and backstabbing; managers will throw people under the bus to save their necks (this happens pretty much every day). Incredibly low staff morale. Can't stress the high turnover rate enough. It is pretty shocking.

Advice to Management

In order to make this a good place to work, managers need to stand up for their employees and be receptive to new ideas.

"I am happier on unemployment and glad I left"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

paid time off
    casual environment
    pleasant co-workers
    free flu shot

Cons

nepotism
    gossip among management
    company does not respect their employees, except the ones they can treat like ----

Advice to Management

Get an office manager who is not related to you and can do the job

MCN Healthcare Response

Oct 24, 2014 – VP

Thank you for your review; we are glad to hear you found your colleagues pleasant and appreciated the casual work environment. We believe we have top employees who are great co-workers and ... More

"Unemployment is Better than This"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

They added a 401k like a year and a half ago. But other than that, none.

Cons

There a several people at this company who are related to each other. That breeds a sense of nepotism and covert feeling of "I am better than you are". Secondly, all of these people are in management so that makes it even worse. There are no laws against this but really, it should be an illegal practice. The amount of people that go in and out of MCN makes it looks like a revolving door. The owners of the company don't see this, but the solution is to break up the top of the pyramid. Unfortunately, I don't see that ever happening.

Advice to Management

It says right on the MCN website that the people who started the company are from healthcare, not business. MCN is a business and is desperately lacking the managerial skills and business acumen needed for a software company. It's really sad because corruption at the top can't be solved with hire/fire at the bottom. MCN management will need to learn that to survive.

"Don't Work Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Decent benefits, lots of paid time off, and you always are meeting new people due to the average six month turnover time of employees. The employees themselves all get along great (just not with management).

Cons

Employees are not respected as people and feedback is not appreciated. New ideas are not welcomed, the whole company is basically run by three people who don't listen to anyone else, even though they have a very talented employee team. Management is uneducated and doesn't make decisions in the best interest of their workers or their products. The company has a very selfish atmosphere and gossiping among the management team is popular. There are no company meetings and there are many secrets among upper management, so employees never quite know what is truly going on. Ethics are not highly valued, nor is telling the truth. Management has no leadership skills, they don't show any interest in the people working for them, and they love to blame anyone and everyone. There is no opportunity to succeed in your position, and there are no raises or rewards, even for hard work. All in all, this is a terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Begin by communicating with your employees on a weekly to monthly basis. Also, investing in the people who spend their time working for you would greatly improve company dynamic...a simple "thank you" would work wonders. Appreciate people for what they are gifted in and stop trying to run every aspect of the company yourself, USE the people that you hired for their talents!

"#isurvivedmcn Support Group and Free TShirt"

I worked at MCN Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with. The people you work with are the only pro. Except pizza Fridays and bagels. Thats it.

Cons

We, the many former employees of MCN Healthcare, together are offering a support group to honor those who have survived working at MCN!!

Did you get hired thinking your job would be one thing, but it completely changed once you got there? Did your pay change to lower (is that #evenlegal)? Did you get a new comp plan and told by a foreign woman that you had to accept it or quit? Did you end up reporting to the owner of the company because she completely takes everything over and and becomes your boss, even tho you thought you were supposed to be reporting to someone else? Did you dread each week, and each new lie you were told after the managers got together for meetings? Did you get a bonus, or maybe you didn't get any bonus ? Did you have to start a counseling support group to cope with going the office each morning, wondering what kind of mood would be there and what crazy thing would happen that day, or the day after, or the day after that? Were you told about all the career growth you could have? Ha! We all were, but there is none! Zero!

MCN is an insane place to work. There is so much turnover and so many people who leave. Except the #fishtankguy he never leaves. The owners don't have a clue. Everyone else is super nice, but the owners make up the mood and everyone knows it. The staff all keep track of who leaves each year, we counted half the staff turnover in a single year. NOT good. and the Customers are charged waaay too much for the product. That's what I heard anyhow, Just sayin.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Your company is insane. Surprised you have any employees or any customers left at all.

"Surprised they can employ anyone anymore with their track record"

I worked at MCN Healthcare full-time

Pros

Ideally located near I25 and Colorado. It is a great market and a good service offering

Cons

There are a number of issues: Don't fall into the trap of positive reviews forced on employees to put up here. You cannot put lipstick on a pig and call it beautiful. The root cause of their issues are the family ownership and their dictator ruling ways. The Company has a long history of turnover and employee retention issues. All stem from the ownership who treat this Company as a piggy bank as well as a sort of its my way or the highway attitude.

The Company lacks real leadership as the leaders are nothing but puppets to the owners.

My advice is you will waste your time here and become frustrated as many others who have and many smart enough to leave.

Advice to Management

This Company should be sold and the family go away.

"Horrible is all I can say"

I worked at MCN Healthcare full-time

Pros

The only Pro to working at this company was the people I worked with

Cons

The owner and upper management. I have worked for three different Fortune 500 companies and have never seen anything like this. The owner and upper management manages with anywhere from passive aggressive threats to flat out threats. The department of approximately 13 I worked in turned over twice with people in the year I worked there. People would literally get up and just walk out.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and create a environment people want to work in.