MD Anderson Cancer Center Reviews | Glassdoor

MD Anderson Cancer Center Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2019

Found 1468 reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "Company that offers Great Benefits(in 188 reviews)

• "Excellent resources for leadership; Good benefits; Flexibility(in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bureaucratic upper management slows down growth and innovation; Recent changes in leadership have hurt morale(in 38 reviews)

• "There are NO cons; this is a Cancer Center dedicated to eradicate Cancer(in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Employer"

Current Employee - Grants Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has been about a month since I started working for MD Anderson Cancer Center. I cannot tell you enough just in one single review, this is the best place I had ever worker during my career. When you are looking for an employer, you always want to be with the best one. I did an extent research trying to find out what was great about working with MD Anderson, but you are never going to find out until you actually start...

Cons

I don’t really have anything negative to say about the institution, other than I wish they would make more affordable parking for employees. The parking can be limited and expensive. It does not affect me since MD Anderson has a program for commuters. I live in EADO so I take the metro rail and MD Anderson, will deduct the amount I select pre-tax to pay for it. PLUS I will get reimbursed in case I need to drive in my...

Advice to Management

My management is really great! They are very inclusive, and they are always looking for areas to help me and my team develop.

MD Anderson Cancer Center2018-12-07
  2. "One MD Anderson"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here are the numerous opportunities for professional growth through our mentoring and leadership programs; the ability to have a lasting impact on patient experiences & great relationships that are built in the organization.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at such a phenomenal organization!

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue being transparent & working to develop your number one resource...your employees.

MD Anderson Cancer Center2019-06-21
  3. "Best Company"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mission Statement, care and friendliness of staff, great benefits, home away from home.

Cons

Decisions being made without consulting staff that will perform the work.

Advice to Management

At times there have been divisional/departmental changes that are made. However, its rare that people who will be responsible for implementing the changes are not part of the discussion; which at times, causes key elements to be overlooked.

MD Anderson Cancer Center2019-06-20

"Class Act!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MD Anderson truly cares about ALL of their employees; it shows in their inclusive events and many awards highlighting exceptional patient care. Their research is ahead of the game with clinical trials that no other hospital has taken on.

Cons

I don't feel we get enough good press about the technology and research that we do here. Our commercials just so people saying that we here to end cancer but don't highlight all the equipment and trials that we have in our arsenal.

5. "A Wonderful Team"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast Paced Challenging Positive Inclusive Academic Innovative Resources Available Evolving Welcoming and Inclusive Diverse

Cons

Large organization that takes a little time to get to understand - you are always learning!

6. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Awesome benefits; great people; tons of opportunities

Cons

like most -you have to pay for parking

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free medical benefits as well as cheap options for vision and dental. Constant accumulating PTO and flexible hours.

Cons

Have to pay monthly for parking and may still have to walk to your work location. It s also kind of difficult to move around the institution once you are hired unless you personally know some one.

MD Anderson Cancer Center2019-06-12
  8. "MD Anderson Pride Month Celebration"

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (UTMDACC) may be #1 for cancer care but is also #1 for employee well-being. I attended the Pride Month Celebration event held at UTMDACC for our LGBT employee’s and patients. Even though I myself am not identified as a member of the LGBT community, I actively support these individuals right to equality. I walked in the pride parade last year with the MD Anderson LGBT Employee...

Cons

I do not have any cons to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue your practice of having the senior leadership team and employees work together to increase inclusion at UTMDACC. As you have demonstrated, inclusion is not a collaboration effort with employees, it is a true partnership. Please continue utilizing this approach.

MD Anderson Cancer Center2019-06-11
  9. "Great working environment, inclusive"

Current Employee - Advanced Practice Nurse

Pros

Dr. Pisters has made a great effort to be inclusive and this in turn has made a huge difference in the attitude of the employees and working environment.

Cons

Continues to be short staffed but that is across all hospitals in the nation

10. "EXCELLENT"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX

Pros

Cares about their employees. Sufficient resources to get the job done. Excellent pay. Wonderful vision and goals to eliminate cancer.

Cons

State owned hospital, salary is public.

Found 1468 reviews