MD Anderson Cancer Center Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1

1,259 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Having to pay for parking is definitely a con but this applies to any facility in the Texas Medical Center" (in 26 reviews)

• "The workloads can be heavy, so it takes a tremendous amount of discipline to assure a reasonable work/life balance" (in 25 reviews)

1. "Great employer"

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free insurance, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimburstment

Cons

Point system when you have to call in

Advice to Management

none

2. "Love"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at MD Anderson! Everyone is committed to working together in making cancer history. Our patients come first! The staff and faculty are great to work with, very respectable and willing to hel you grow! The institution as a whole invests in your future and wants you to continue your education, whether it be completing and achieving your degree all the way up to receiving your PH.D. The benefits are a bonus too!

Cons

The only thing I can say that is a con is that the pay can be a little better. Instead of offering higher salaries to those applying from the outside the pay should be higher for internal employees.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge and appreciate those hardworkers and always welcome open communication and have a trusting but fun environment.

I would engage all types of employees in decision making. It feels that the institution makes all these decisions/changes without really asking those who really use it.

3. "Operations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting to work with great people, meeting and talking to patients trying to make there time with MD Anderson as enjoyable as possible. Benefits and pay is wonderful.

Cons

I really don't have a down side working here, I have so many loving stories with co-workers

Advice to Management

The only advice I would give any employer is to actually have co-workers sit with other co-workers in different departments for a week to get a better understanding of what everyone is responsible to get a better understanding of the full operation.

4. "MD Anderson Cancer Center - A great place to work at"

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MD Anderson Cancer Center is a high reputation hospital and provides excellent quality of service to patient.

Cons

Because of the large size of the organization, certain processes need to go through a chain of steps cross different departments, and can take longer than expected.

5. "A great place to work, learn, and grow."

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership teams, who encourage growth.

Cons

Paying so much for parking -___-

6. "Promotion"

Current Employee - Office Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Office Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started in the housekeeping department in 2011 and have since been promoted 4 times within the past 7 yrs I have been employed here.

Cons

I would say the price of the Pressler parking lot is too high and not affordable.

7. "Teamwork, Growth, & Benefits!"

Current Employee - Senior Research Data Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Research Data Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teamwork is definitely a pro around my department. Despite we all have specific assignments, there is always a helping hand available. Whenever I need assistance with my assignments, colleagues are always quick to assist in order to move forward. My immediate leadership also constantly reviews workloads and spreads them out among the team in order to avoid becoming burned out.
    Growth is another huge pro throughout all of MD Anderson. Everyone is encouraged to continue attaining training and higher education through programs, information sessions, and financial assistance. All are also encouraged to go up in the employment ladder and in most cases it happens in such a short time.
    Finally benefits are a bonus for all full-time employees.

Cons

A con is the fact that the pay could be better for the amount of workload that we have. Higher salaries should be offered to internal employees rather than external employees. Another con is the lack of uniformity in training throughout various departments. For example, in my department, there are 8+ teams. Although we all perform the same duties, the training varies.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Clinical Study Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Study Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging and rewarding place to work when it comes to patient care.
    Benefits/PTO is great.
    Love the mission, values, and goals.
    A lot of potential for career growth, if you really put the work and positive attitude forward.

Cons

People you work with can make you feel lesser.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees rewarded feeling and appreciated.

9. "Patient Service Coordinator"

Current Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MDA invests in people and talents. Great place to work.

Cons

Work in progress. Striving to be better than the day before.

10. "Program Director"

Current Employee - Program Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Program Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging and exciting place to work

Cons

Not being able to cure all of our patients

Advice to Management

Bring in more motivational speakers such as Brene Brown for all employees to enjoy; try and create flexible schedules for levels of employees

Showing 1,259 of 1,332 reviews