MEA Forensic Reviews | Glassdoor

MEA Forensic Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2019

Found 8 reviews

4.8
MEA Forensic CEO Jonathan Lawrence (no image)
Jonathan Lawrence
  1. "Great place to start your career"

I worked at MEA Forensic full-time

Pros

Professional team with high level expertise in each expert's respective area. Partners in the company are highly respected by employees and clients alike. Over, the company has solid reputation in a saturated industry, and that is only gained by the excellent work they have done for clients over several decades. Highly ethical practices. Everyone is willing to help and contribute, just ask. Communication and... collaboration is encouraged between different offices. Commitment to personal development, training, continued education. Dedication to research establishes MEA Forensic as one of the leaders in accident reconstruction, biomechanics, and failure analysis consulting. Most current employees at MEA have worked there for 10+ years, so they definitely attract and retain the best in business.

Cons

Unlike traditional companies where principals and leaders hold a management role, the partners at MEA have the heaviest technical case load while also wearing the management hat. So because of the busy nature and schedule, sometimes things can get a little disorganized and files don't get completed until the 11th hour.

MEA Forensic2018-05-11
  2. "MEA Forensic"

in Glendale, CA

I worked at MEA Forensic for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company to work for. The people are wonderful.

Cons

Really didn't see any downsides.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing.

MEA Forensic2015-08-26
  3. "MEA was one of the best places I ever worked for."

Former Employee - Records Management Specialist in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at MEA Forensic full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reason to work here is the people. Everyone is so nice. They have a lot of fun but still maintain a level of professionalism. Also, can't beat working in Orange County.

Cons

I don't really think there are any cons to working here. This is a well ran and managed company that anyone would be lucky to work for.

Advice to Management

The only advice I can give you is to keep up the good work and continue being awesome.

MEA Forensic2014-05-15
  4. "Great place to work as an engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at MEA Forensic full-time

Pros

Inspiring and bright colleagues and seniors. Lots of opportunities for growth and research opportunities. Minimal company politics and hierarchy. Accommodates work-life balance.

Cons

Fieldwork sometimes requires heavy lifting, some travel required.

MEA Forensic2019-06-05

"Great Company Environment"

I have been working at MEA Forensic

Pros

- Casual work environment - Lots of independence - Friendly coworkers - good opportunity to travel (locally & international) - company supports personal development, invests in training

Cons

- Senior staff are very busy

MEA Forensic2018-10-26

"Where every engineer should go"

Former Contractor - Research Assistant in Richmond, BC

I worked at MEA Forensic for less than a year

Pros

MEA Forensic is a great workplace. The people are wonderful and friendly, the working environment is pleasant, and the projects are varied and interesting. The company has offices in Richmond BC, Los Angeles CA, and Toronto ON and employs highly professional people. MEA invests in understanding the causes for repeated system failures associated with the projects it investigates, which is noble in many ways.

Cons

I am not sure if I've seen too many cons in the short time I spent at MEA Forensic. The company supports training and education for its employees, which provides them with growth opportunities. Perhaps the fact that the company is not very large (it is a medium-sized company, in terms of manpower) might present some growth challenges, but I doubt it does.

Advice to Management

I highly advise to invite engineers from industry (maybe pick a company at a time) for some exposure to typical forensic case studies once in a while, so as to educate them. There is no better way to learn a lesson and many of us seriously need that lesson. This can also be done in the form of a (paid?) seminar.

MEA Forensic2014-10-11
  7. "A great place to spend a day"

I have been working at MEA Forensic full-time

Pros

Friendly people Interesting projects Family atmosphere Competitive salary

Cons

It can get boring as some days can be slow There is no retirement plan Seriously not much to say here. Its a good company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Employees are very satisfied and happy. And promote more research

MEA Forensic2014-07-16
  8. "terrific engineering firm, very competent colleagues"

I worked at MEA Forensic

Pros

great intellectual freedom very ethical company, total support from management outstanding colleagues, really bright research focus makes them an industry leader

Cons

forensic engineering in general can be depressing relatively long apprenticeship program due to highly specialized knowledge clients can be difficult

Advice to Management

keep it up, it's a phenomenal firm with terrific people. i loved working there, the management team is outstanding and very supportive of young engineers.

MEA Forensic2011-04-15