MEDNAX Reviews | Glassdoor

MEDNAX CEO and Director Roger J. Medel
Roger J. Medel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • not sure what benefits are offered for part time (in 9 reviews)

• No benefits Limited opportunity for growth (in 8 reviews)

"Very Confusing Structure"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at MEDNAX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a good benefits package.

Cons

Upper management does not seem to understand the confusion created at patient care level by their daily changing requirements

Advice to Management

Listen to both sides of the story rather than just one. I was isolated and the bullying of my manager couldn't come to light because it would be just her and I, and whenever the leading physician would come in, she would throw sweetness and light and blame everything wrong on me.
    I got physically ill from her constantly changing moods and never knowing what to expect when I went in. Unstable is the nicest way to explain the environment. On paper, I was the bad employee and she was the good manager. In reality - I'm better off not being there.

"Avoid at all cost Mednax of Seattle"

Former Employee - Staff in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Staff in Seattle, WA

I worked at MEDNAX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Doctors, medical insurance, stock options

Cons

If you want to be micro managed then this place is for you. Horrible new management. This place has become all about the money. The work/life balance is not even a thought in their minds. Over worked and under appreciated. They have one focus: meet months end no matter what. They are understaffed and cannot keep or hire great people. Their processes are very labor intensive still using paper and must be handled multiple times. The software and computer systems are slow and causes the work to slow to a standstill.

If anyone goes on vacation or is out sick then it means working all weekend to meet months end. Life is not allowed to happen, again only meeting months end matters. Avoid at all cost. This place will only attract the bottom of the barrel employees. The doctors are great but their hands have been tied by the corporation. Trust me avoid this place.

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Collector in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Collector in Raleigh, NC

I worked at MEDNAX full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, Flex time, coworkers, PTO, lunch room, and the drink machine

Cons

If I could, I wouldn't give one star. The upper management has destroyed the Raleigh CBO. Disrespect, Rudeness and low moral have taken over that office, because of management, & it has shown itself, with HIGH AR days,LOW cash collections, and high employee turnover within weeks.

Advice to Management

Hire Upper management that is capable of running a CBO effectively and successfully, in a professional and effective manner.

"Upper management sorely out of touch with hourly employees and don't appear to care."

Former Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at MEDNAX full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Descent benefits. Great camaraderie amongst some departments. Good company growth.

Cons

Company brings in know-it-all manageable that cleans house of long term employees and morale plummets as well as cash collections. Too many vice presidents at corporate office. No one really cares about the hourly employees and it's not just a few here and there. The company has gone from good to pathetic

Advice to Management

Hire a CEO - Chief Employee Officer - that has the ability and integrity to really listen to the employees. They really do want what is best for the company.

5. "poor job environment"

Former Contractor - Physician in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Physician in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at MEDNAX as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

work with some good surgeons

Cons

in middle of progression to national employer model, poor integration, staffing, non existent orientation.

Advice to Management

hire an adult to manage this place

"You don't want to work here. I promise."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I worked at MEDNAX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are the only pros that come to mind. Other than that, none. Definitely rethink your decision if you're thinking about working at Mednax/American Anesthesiology.

Cons

Most everything other than pay and benefits. Terrible senior mgmt. policies created by people that don't understand revenue cycle or workflow. Unrealistic goals. Acquisition team is terrible and RCM is blamed for their shortcomings. Unsupported mgmt team.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Get rid of senior mgmt and rehire, don't let your Richardson crew mistreat the management team in Arlington with their "I know everything " mentality. Try listening for once. You might learn something.

"Hearing Screen Biller Depressing"

Former Employee - Hearing Screen Biller in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Hearing Screen Biller in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at MEDNAX (Less than a year)

Pros

Dress code is laid back.they have birthday cake once a month. They give bonuses every three months if you are eligible.

Cons

Management don't know what they are doing.Rules change daily,today they can tell you to work a account one way. Two weeks later another way. One month later back to the way you were doing it the first time.

Advice to Management

Be a good role model to your employees. Be more suppotive. I have never worked for a company that everyone is so Negative!!! They send out emails about burnt popcorn???!! Really!!!??? Who does that? No one intentionally goes around burning popcorn.They have pictures of dirty bathrooms and bring it up in trainning!!!! They have huddle and complain about what we are not doing!!! Nothing positive!!!!

8. "Pediatric intensivist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at MEDNAX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady salary with a large company

Cons

Underpaid and unlikely to increase

"Known workplace bullying, nothing done about it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Pros

Good pay. Very nice HR dept.

Cons

Management and team lead in certain department were verbally abusive, to the point of being considered a hostile workplace. Name calling, and mandatory overtime was common, but only to certain employees. Favouritism runs rampant in this office as well. Be very careful to observe who you work for and follow your instincts when it comes to feeling an unpleasant vibe, if you do, try for a different department. This company does have serious issues with workplace bullying that need to be addressed.

Advice to Management

You know who the 2 main bullies are in the office, if they continue, eventually the new hostile workplace laws just enacted will be used against the company who failed to protect employees from the bullying.

"Never Again"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Lone Tree, CO

Pros

The children and their families are the only pro to working for this company.

Cons

Bad attitudes, no room for growth, low pay as well as low raises. Horrible training!!!!!

Advice to Management

Train your employees, pay better wages and increase raises. Improve communication amongst staff!