MEDRIO Reviews | Glassdoor

MEDRIO Founder & CEO Mike Novotny
Mike Novotny

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Innovative and Growing Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MEDRIO full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've had a great experience working at Medrio. I like the people, the products, and the opportunity. The foundation and vision is enforced by the founder and CEO, Mike Novotny, who came from industry and is actually interested in building a great company, as opposed to letting go of control or pursuing the next exit strategy. Medrio works in a regulated industry but keeps things light and fun in our marketing. People who work hard are rewarded and the growth is there for the individual and company.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about my experience. I believe that if someone doesn't have a good experience working at Medrio, they aren't motivated by their work, which may reflect on some poor hiring decisions.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Great Energy"

I worked at MEDRIO full-time

Pros

Fun Culture, Great Product, and Nice People

Cons

Talent is spotty so some areas are stronger than others

Advice to Management

Be quicker to make changes when it is obvious people cannot do their jobs well

3. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MEDRIO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair honest transparent management team.

Cons

need a new coffee machine

"Great company mission and office culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Copywriter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Copywriter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MEDRIO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medrio is a healthy, growing company doing important work to help modernize clinical research. The work is fulfilling, the upper management values and invests in the careers of its staff, and the office culture is laid back. Pay and benefits are solid, and there are lots of cool perks like weekly catered lunch, ping pong and videogames, regular company outings, and a kitchen stocked with coffee and healthy snacks.

Cons

The field in which the company works is relatively obscure to the layperson, and it can take time to develop a passion and authoritative knowledge of the work.

5. "Growing Company"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MEDRIO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is the number one reason to work here. Sales has a close knit staff with low turn over. We have had some recent leadership changes, but our people are still happy and we did not skip a beat. We do get free food but to keep it real is not all that great. We do not carry a boiler room sales pit like other companies and I appreciate that. We are growing steadily over the past few years in a space that is new and untapped. As a whole, we are profitable, so we do not worry about our next paychecks like start ups do and that's a huge plus. We have new experienced management in place now that is ready to take on the next 5 years of growth. zero micro management. All reviews can attest to that.

Cons

Like I said the free food sucks. I feel like we are outgrowing our space. the environment is a bit too laxed, so people tend to just chill at times. We only drink on Thursdays, sales people should be able to drink everyday. The snacks in the office healthy snacks that my dog wont eat. The office can be a bit stuffy because people complain about the A/C being to "turnt". No one brings in dogs anymore. when people get promoted, I feel like they join a new click and we don't hang out anymore.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees. They have been through a lot with all the changes. Spend some of that new revenue on raises for everyone. keep promoting from within, it builds allegiance. Money is seconday, if you love where you work. But still tho, kick us down with some raises, pronto.

6. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at MEDRIO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome company: fun work environment, fulfilling mission, great work-life balance.

Cons

Not many! It is a smaller company, so if you are looking to "climb the corporate ladder" it may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MEDRIO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worst work experience I have had. Pro is I am working at a way better company now haha. This place gave me the creeps!

Cons

All about drinking and the company is not growing it's backfilling because of high turnover. Horrible management and elitist culture.

Advice to Management

Go find a real startup

MEDRIO Response

Jun 4, 2017

Medrio appreciates candid reviews from both current and former employees. It helps make our company a better place for all!

We’re actually pretty proud of the incredible growth that Medrio has... More

"Great culture, really interesting industry, profitable company, growing sales team"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MEDRIO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I only left because I was offered a great new opportunity for myself, otherwise I was completely happy and having a great time as an Account Executive at Medrio. For sales folks, please don't be turned off by some of the old reviews from last year and before. The sales management has completely changed over this year and they have fixed most everything that was complained about. Now, sales execs have their own territory and everyone has an equal opportunity for success. The new quota system contains accelerators that dramatically increase your commissions if you end the year over quota. Customers really love the company and software, I've never before worked for a software company where prospects almost all have such a positive reaction to what I show them. The customers and prospects are really great too, you're dealing with scientists, doctors, and data managers so lots of interesting conversations with people who need a solution. The sales team is great, a really fun and supportive group of people.

I really enjoyed the company culture that has been fostered by the CEO. There are weekly "stand up" meetings with snacks and drinks and everyone is encouraged to speak up about great things going on or take ownership of mistakes made that week.

Cons

- Benefits are kind of lacking, only pay 10% of partner's health insurance and don't offer the best providers.

Advice to Management

Look at your benefits plan, please. With your strategy to bring in more experienced and senior folks it will be more important to look at improving this.

MEDRIO Response

Feb 9, 2017

Medrio covers 20% of health insurance premiums for our employees' dependents, not 10%, as stated in this review. We cover 100% of our employees' premiums.

"All Sales reviews before Q3 2016 old information"

I have been working at MEDRIO full-time

Pros

The person who designed and lead sales at Medrio for something like the last 7 years left. That person took their closest staff with them. The CEO is involved in what happens next, so it won't be plugging in a new sales leader to what is already there without changes.

Cons

All of the previous reviews, while still valuable, aren't going to be as accurate as they might have been before.

Advice to Management

Take the previous reviews seriously when moving forward.

"sales"

Pros

in SF, ok benefits, overall good people working there

Cons

the compensation is very low in comparison to other tech companies. if they want to retain good sales professionals, they need to pay more. free lunches don't cut it

Advice to Management

stop micro-managing, allow people to work from home who are trust worthy from time to time. stop calling the company a start up