MEECO Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 6, 2017

1.1
Lisa Bergson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"It was good while it lasted"

Former Employee - Technician in Warrington, PA
    Former Employee - Technician in Warrington, PA

I worked at MEECO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got fed a lot of good food regularly

Cons

No room for growth.
    Pitiful training

Advice to Management

Improve training

"HORRIBLE!! Also read reviews for Tiger Optics - same company same location"

I worked at MEECO full-time

Pros

Only one - the coworkers were good people, knowledgeable and friendly, but mostly because we had a common enemy, the owner. I'd give ZERO STARS if I could.

Cons

The CEO/owner is a complete nutcase. Verbally abusive, condescending, nasty, yelling and berating her team, an absolute horror to work for. She thinks she is great and everyone's friend, but behind her back people are rolling their eyes and trying their best to avoid her. It was so embarrassing to witness her abuse even her husband, who serves as President of the company, in front of employees.

The plant is a mess and stuck in 1960. From the leaking roof, missing floor tiles and hodgepodge "cubicles" in the office area to the unpaved parking lot (which is too small for the # of employees, forcing those on later shifts to park on the lawn), the place is a disgrace.

This company, and Tiger Optics, a sister company in the same building, are indistinguishable. Same employees, same work, just different product going out the door. Make sure you read those reviews too, they are accurate.

Advice to Management

Psychology help and sell your company to someone who has management skills before its too late.

"Nut House!"

Pros

Workers there are very intelligent, kind and helpful. Lots of resourceful personnel. Most workers are more dedicated than they should be, given how the owner treats people.

Cons

The owner. Simply said, she is a complete loon! She treats people horribly! She gives more pay-cuts than pay increases! And God forbid if you have an opinion that differs from hers! My sister turned down an interview at this place, based on what she had heard from me! And at the time, she wasn't working!! That should tell you something about this place!

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people better. You completely SUCK as a human being, Lisa Bergson! Someday, you will lay-into someone and it will cost you large. I'm hoping your pay-back day is on it's way to you SOON!

"VERY SAD excuse for a company !!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrington, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrington, PA

I worked at MEECO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great and resourceful. With that said, Owner, CEO, President are the most incompetent people I have ever encountered in 25 of business.

Cons

Ownership of this company is CLUELESS, ARROGANT, CRUEL, OBNOXIOUS, and a total WASTE. I seen people treat dogs better than this wife/husband ownership team. Whatever salary you go in at, consider that your high point as it will be reduced from there. My simple advice to ANYONE considering employment at MEECO is to "run for the hills" and consider a career elsewhere cause you won't find one there.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself.

":)"

Pros

The co-workers are the best. I wish upper management would see this in their employees. Instead, employees are laid off or fired. Employees walk on egg shells.

Cons

The owners micro manage everything. We have meetings for the meetings. They don't give raises or reviews often but give pay cuts. Company is run on emotional feelings and nothing is rational. We have parties when we are on pay cuts.

Advice to Management

They need psychological help and need to sell the company. The company does have potential growth if upper management leaves. It's a damn shame.

"BEWARE MEECO TIGER"

I have been working at MEECO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great. Probably due to the fact we have a common enemy -- the CEO.

Cons

CEO, despite decades in the business, knows little of the technology, common sense business practices and has no skill in dealing with employees.

Here are some key examples:
    * Tons of useless meetings sometimes called in absentia by CEO (meeting chair told to have meeting)
    * Employees on reduced salary (up to 50%) while new employees are hired at full salary
    * Absolutely no business strategy, priorities constantly change
    * Too many projects, squandered resources
    * Bad relations with suppliers -- drops them at the first sign of problems, so no team work
    * Ignorant and arrogant does not listen to subject matter experts
    * Verbally abusive -- will attack your competence without seeming to have any at all
    * Emotional (knee jerk decisions) -- has gone ballistic at meetings
    * Employees hired and fired on a whim, a constant revolving door of people, most very competent
    * No employee reviews -- your guess why you got fired or laid off
    * No promotions -- guess no one stays on the good side long enough to get a promotion
    * No raises -- plenty of pay reductions though
    * No bonuses -- instead money is squandered on food and parties
    * Seems unable to process information and make rational decisions
    * Invests in a client projects without any written commitment from client, client often reneges

How this place has survived so far is a mystery. It is also a mystery why someone would invest in this company.

Advice to Management

Hire a competent business manager and retire. It will be better for the company.

"Horrbile work place"

Current Employee - MEECO/Tiger Optics: Worst Work Place in Warrington, PA
    Current Employee - MEECO/Tiger Optics: Worst Work Place in Warrington, PA

Pros

The people were nice, but this is a terrible place to work due to money problem and the management is disfunctional.

Cons

Disfunctional management. Revolving door of employees. People are fired for insignificant reasons. Hostile work environment due to owner. Verbally abuse from owner and CEO. No regular reviews. Pay cuts every year. Facility is bad shape. Owner expect you to do 2 or 3 jobs, some of which you are not even trained to do, then when the outcome is not positive you get all the blame. No director of operation (plant manager) for two years.

Advice to Management

Get a plant manager, a maintenance man and a full time resident psychologist.