MG2 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Mitchell C. Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Associate II in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate II in McLean, VA

I have been working at MG2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* If you do your job well, that will be recognized and with time you will be obtaining more responsibilities, and you'll be given the opportunity to work on different kinds of projects. I started as an Associate I and it's been hard work and working extra hours at times, but that happens in most architecture firms, and is not the norm here. There's always Opportunities of growth.
    * The culture in the DC office is very friendly and team oriented, everyone is happy to help and to give advice in anything they can.
    * Benefits are good, and the company does a good job in recognizing exceptional work and giving promotions.
    * They encourage licensing and obtaining certifications (LEED, NCARB..) and facilitate study materials.
    * Flexible hours and an understanding that work-life balance is important

Cons

* If you are not a people person, and don't like to have a friendly office environment, this is not the place for you. There's always jokes and a light atmosphere in general, but people keep doing their jobs.
    * Sometimes it's difficult for junior staff to gain knowledge on the technical side of architecture, but that can be improved with more site visits, that most of the time are available.
    * Work can get a little bit monotonous at times, but again, most architecture firms have this, There are not a lot of exotic/crazy design projects.

Advice to Management

* Keep up the good work, there have been a lot of improvements in the last couple of years

Jul 30, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback!!

2. "Associate I"

Current Employee - Associate I in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate I in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MG2 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is better than anywhere I have worked. You really feel like they care about each employee, no matter the size. Has the small firm feeling. Opportunity for growth and education. Great place to work.

Cons

No cons to share. Love where I work.

Jul 30, 2018 – HR Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are so glad to hear that your experience at MG2 has been so positive!

3. "Great Company"

I have been working at MG2 full-time

Pros

Work/life balance, room to grow, good benefits

Cons

Seems hard to move up and to get raises

4. "Interior Design"

I worked at MG2 full-time

Pros

Great firm culture. Studios interact during firm events. Consistent studio meetings allow for transparency of projects.

Cons

Project work demands ebb and flow. When work demands were high, work hours were manageable.

"Revolving door"

Pros

Nice office. Easy transit access. Benefits are slightly better than other firms. Most people are nice and friendly. Lots of extracurricular activities.

Cons

Leadership is a joke. CEO is so out of touch with employees new and old. Principals have no leadership capabilities especially on the retail studio. They try so hard to keep new people happy they forget about the others. If it wasn’t for Costco, this firm would be in serious trouble.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and talk to the people who have been there for at least 5 years and be more transparent.

Jul 30, 2018 – HR Manager

We are sorry to hear that your experience with MG2 was less than ideal. Your feedback has been shared with the leadership team.

"Childish Enviroment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at MG2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office, flexible work hours and decent benefits

Cons

Nepotism, sub-par pay, enabling of poor behaviors by some co-workers.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and be honest with them.

Feb 23, 2018 – HR Manager

Hello - We are glad to hear you enjoyed our office, benefits, and the flexibility we offer our employees. Providing fair and competitive compensation to our employees is critical, and we are always... More

"DC office - Get out now"

Current Employee - Architectural Staff in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Architectural Staff in Washington, DC

I have been working at MG2 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are part of the In crowd and liked by management you are safe. If you enjoy Bullying, Harassment, Intimidation and threats about your job security then this is also the place for you.

Cons

Unless you have no other option. DO NOT WORK HERE!

Management has encouraged employees to provide positive reviews to hide some of the negative reviews that have been written.

MG2 has become a terrible environment to work in. You would think that with the current climate of Harassment and Bullying that there would be a bigger initiative to stop this. The poor treatment of others starts at the very top of the Leadership at this office and is continued down through middle management. If you have a voice or try to stand up for yourself you will be bullied, intimidated and embarrassed in front of your peers until you submit.

I have personally talked to HR about certain individuals in this office with little no recourse.

This is not new to this office. Behavior like this has gone on for years. The absence of HR in this office promotes this behavior to continue.

I, like many others I am sure, are actively looking to get out of here.

Advice to Management

Take action! This starts from the top. Discipline those who are creating a hostile work environment.

Jan 9, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am disappointed to hear about your experience at MG2, as we strive to provide a culture and work environment that is collaborative, inclusive... More

"Interior Designer"

Former Employee - Interior Designer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Interior Designer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at MG2 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with excellent benefits and work life balance. They go to great lengths to unify the company with events and are very supportive of new ideas

Cons

There is some rivalry between teams-some are more technical and the creative projects are competitive

"Bright Future Ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MG2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MG2 is a great firm that is striving to be better. The Leadership is always looking to make improvements to processes and deliver higher quality services to our Clients. A lot of firms get stuck, and are unwilling to look inside to see what needs to be updated, changed, re-vamped. MG2 is willing to ask the questions and search for the best answers. The Leadership here also places a lot of value in work/life balance. We work hard, but our lives outside of the office matter. Our families matter, and the Leadership here promotes that. MG2 is full of great Employees who are doing great work on exciting projects.

Cons

All companies have their issues. MG2 included. Employee development and career development are still works in progress. Sometimes employees get stuck into a career path that doesn't suit their skills and abilities.

Advice to Management

Loving your Team, and your work environment, doesn't mean you love your job. The bells and whistles are nice, but the best investment is always in the Employee. Better training for younger staff and better compensation for seasoned employees are areas of improvement to consider. Better training and higher compensation needs to flow into the Business Services Teams as well. We can't forget the ones that grind it out behind the scenes everyday making MG2 great.

10. "Good"

Pros

Flexibility, Beautiful Office, Great team

Cons

Comparatively lesser pay, No other cons