MG2 Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Bright Future Ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at MG2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MG2 is a great firm that is striving to be better. The Leadership is always looking to make improvements to processes and deliver higher quality services to our Clients. A lot of firms get stuck, and are unwilling to look inside to see what needs to be updated, changed, re-vamped. MG2 is willing to ask the questions and search for the best answers. The Leadership here also places a lot of value in work/life balance. We work hard, but our lives outside of the office matter. Our families matter, and the Leadership here promotes that. MG2 is full of great Employees who are doing great work on exciting projects.

Cons

All companies have their issues. MG2 included. Employee development and career development are still works in progress. Sometimes employees get stuck into a career path that doesn't suit their skills and abilities.

Advice to Management

Loving your Team, and your work environment, doesn't mean you love your job. The bells and whistles are nice, but the best investment is always in the Employee. Better training for younger staff and better compensation for seasoned employees are areas of improvement to consider. Better training and higher compensation needs to flow into the Business Services Teams as well. We can't forget the ones that grind it out behind the scenes everyday making MG2 great.

"Interior Designer"

Former Employee - Interior Designer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Interior Designer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at MG2 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with excellent benefits and work life balance. They go to great lengths to unify the company with events and are very supportive of new ideas

Cons

There is some rivalry between teams-some are more technical and the creative projects are competitive

3. "Interior Design"

I worked at MG2 full-time

Pros

Great firm culture. Studios interact during firm events. Consistent studio meetings allow for transparency of projects.

Cons

Project work demands ebb and flow. When work demands were high, work hours were manageable.

4. "Revolving door"

Pros

Nice office. Easy transit access. Benefits are slightly better than other firms. Most people are nice and friendly. Lots of extracurricular activities.

Cons

Leadership is a joke. CEO is so out of touch with employees new and old. Principals have no leadership capabilities especially on the retail studio. They try so hard to keep new people happy they forget about the others. If it wasn’t for Costco, this firm would be in serious trouble.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and talk to the people who have been there for at least 5 years and be more transparent.

"Childish Enviroment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at MG2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office, flexible work hours and decent benefits

Cons

Nepotism, sub-par pay, enabling of poor behaviors by some co-workers.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and be honest with them.

Feb 23, 2018 – HR Manager

Hello - We are glad to hear you enjoyed our office, benefits, and the flexibility we offer our employees. Providing fair and competitive compensation to our employees is critical, and we are always... More

"DC office - Get out now"

Current Employee - Architectural Staff in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Architectural Staff in Washington, DC

I have been working at MG2 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are part of the In crowd and liked by management you are safe. If you enjoy Bullying, Harassment, Intimidation and threats about your job security then this is also the place for you.

Cons

Unless you have no other option. DO NOT WORK HERE!

Management has encouraged employees to provide positive reviews to hide some of the negative reviews that have been written.

MG2 has become a terrible environment to work in. You would think that with the current climate of Harassment and Bullying that there would be a bigger initiative to stop this. The poor treatment of others starts at the very top of the Leadership at this office and is continued down through middle management. If you have a voice or try to stand up for yourself you will be bullied, intimidated and embarrassed in front of your peers until you submit.

I have personally talked to HR about certain individuals in this office with little no recourse.

This is not new to this office. Behavior like this has gone on for years. The absence of HR in this office promotes this behavior to continue.

I, like many others I am sure, are actively looking to get out of here.

Advice to Management

Take action! This starts from the top. Discipline those who are creating a hostile work environment.

Jan 9, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am disappointed to hear about your experience at MG2, as we strive to provide a culture and work environment that is collaborative, inclusive... More

7. "Good"

Pros

Flexibility, Beautiful Office, Great team

Cons

Comparatively lesser pay, No other cons

8. "Long time employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at MG2 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many respond to the people and the culture as a pro. I would have to agree that the people at MG2 are a definite pro. I have worked at MG2 for a long time and believe that no matter the work type, it is the people that are the true value. From entry level to CEO, you can approach them and discuss your projects or what you are working on and they engage.

Even when staff have moved on to other firms, they tend to stop in and visit. The MG2 "family" is strong. This is especially true if you have been here a while. We have even had past employees return to MG2. Some of the main reasons they return are the people and culture.

Additionally, the culture is a pro as well. The culture has changed over the years. Not necessarily for the better or worse but do to change in the industry, MG2's culture has adapted. Staff are free to try new things, encouraged to get involved in outside organizations/groups etc. with focus on how this can improve ones self to grow professionally.

Cons

In past there were some growing pains that complicated clear firm directives. This had been focused on and the firm has overcome the obstacles. I see with todays market that this can become another obstacle as the firm works to navigate through growth. The con is trying to find that workload/staff balance. I would say this is something to stay focused on.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and share firm initiatives. This is a good practice and keeps all staff informed on the health of the firm. Staff appreciate even the small gestures and when leadership take time to be with them.

"on a support team"

I worked at MG2 full-time

Pros

some great people employed here

Cons

sexist attitude & lack of innovation

Mar 20, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Your review is very surprising as this is not feedback that we have received from anyone. We encourage employees to come and talk to us if there is a concern they are experiencing so we can... More

"Wasn't worth it at all"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at MG2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work fairly independently

Cons

Was paid a horrible salary, was forced into additional job responsibilities that I did not apply for nor were relevant to the initial job, and received next to no respect from coworkers for not being an architect.

Mar 31, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We're sorry you feel like you were paid what you refer to as a horrible salary. We benchmark salaries to ensure that we are in line with industry standards. We are always supportive and happy to... More