MGA Business Consulting 30 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Very Black & White"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Business Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is transparent with growth, standards, and expectations. Company culture is awesome, I built great friendships with everyone I worked with. I like being in total control of my income and have in capped commission. I was honestly able to change my financial situation for the better just by putting in some extra work and picking other peoples' brains. Biggest benefit working here is not being micro managed and the staff truly cares for one another.

Cons

A lot of mental toughness is required. I would not recommend this position for anyone who is just trying to hang low, collect checks, and bounce. It can be time consuming so a personal planner is needed!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent. Maybe mix-up morning meeting schedule.

Dec 15, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thanks for your review! We pride ourselves on our transparent in every aspect of our firm from our interviews and team, to our client relations, to customer services. We appreciate your feedback!

"Challenging But Rewarding"

I have been working at MGA Business Consulting full-time

Pros

Supportive management and encouraging environment that is always providing ongoing tools for success.
    Great momentum for growth for the right candidate, this job isn't for everyone but can be very rewarding with the right work ethic.

Cons

You must me great at time management, as this job requires a whole-hearted commitment. But if you're willing to do it, you can achieve your personal and professional goals

Advice to Management

Keep holding people accountable and you will keep getting the most out of your employees

Dec 15, 2016 – Managing Partner

We love that you mentioned having to be great at time management! That's something that we focus a lot on through our Management and Leadership Development Program, since most in this program are not ... More

"A little too unprofessional for my taste"

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time

Pros

-There are some great and interesting people here
    -Team nights can be fun
    -The sales system is easy to pick up but you're selling a boring product

Cons

-Drive your own car all around town. Not every Wal-Mart is the same, no matter what they tell you. The demographics are very different as I was able to quickly pick up.
    -You will work from 9am to 8 or 9pm. You do not get paid from 9am to noon. They don't tell you that in the interview.
    -Too many things are out of your control, such as customers reneging on their installations (which is how you get paid).

Advice to Management

-Give straight answers to people in the interviews. It was a red flag that I should've noticed when they wouldn't give me honest answers to simple questions about the business and training.
    -Upper management was great, some of the account managers need extensive training on reading people, professionalism, and definitely leadership. A new hire should not be outworking someone who's been there for months or even years.
    -Do a better job of finding out what drives your employees. Everyone has a story, get to learn theirs.
    -Not everyone needs a pep talk when they walk into the building. There are actually some people who can hype themselves up without the need of a "manager" trying to annoy them with pep talks.

"I wouldnt recommend"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of their employees were easy to get along with.

Cons

In all honesty, I'm shocked that MGA has gotten such high reviews thus far. Of all the places I have worked at, this was by far the least professional. And despite what everyone says, a lot of shady business goes on here. I concur with one of the other reviews -- I would rather work at McDonalds. It was extremely degrading being an employee at MGA. There's also no benefits.

Advice to Management

Clarify to your interviewees that you will be working 50+ hour weeks for less than what you'd earn at minimum wage (at least for several weeks). Also clarify that you won't get weekends.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at MGA Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1.You may make some friends.
    2. You may learn some valuable lessons, like never taking a job like this ever again.
    3. Working in Walmart is sometimes entertaining.

Cons

1. Deceitful tactics to get in as many people as they can. Hence why most of the employees are young and the average education level is a GED.
    2. No benefits at all.
    3. Fosters a negative, and competitive work environment.
    4. Constantly bashes other jobs in order to convince employees that it is legitimate.
    5. I would leave this job to work at McDonalds.
    6. You may break even, but most of the time you will be losing money.
    7. As said in another review, it's a revolving door sales job.
    8. I could go on and on, bottom line, I wouldn't advise taking this job.

Advice to Management

Be truthful about the job. Foster a positive work environment. Offer your hardworking employees benefits, instead of selling them a "dream career" they never wanted.

"An interesting take on sales"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is structured around merit, not seniority.
    Commission is paid out weekly.
    Training is provided and every leader legitimately cares about your success, rather than their own.
    Advancement is swift for those willing to learn.
    Mistakes are encouraged as a teaching point.
    The law of averages for sales is extraordinary.
    Supplies are provided.
    Nobody takes a percentage of my income and my commission is mine and mine alone. (Except for taxes of course)
    The leadership is caring and compassionate.

Cons

It's sales, if you don't sell you don't make much.
    Learning and growing can be painful, but it's worth it.
    That's pretty much it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Dec 15, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience!

"Couldn't ask for a better company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

- Great co-workers to work with who have passionate for what they do.
    - Great mentors in the company.
    - Tremendous opportunities to grow

Cons

For the time that I have been here, I can not think of any.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all your help and motivation!

"Great to work with."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I worked at MGA Business Consulting a few days a week due to my school schedule. I was able to make about $500 a week. It was perfect for me while I was in school.

Cons

There are not any that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Thanks for working with my schedule.

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Knowing the management team had started in my position is great! I can go as far as I want, as long as I put in the work. Management has an open door policy and is very helpful when I need it! I couldn't ask for a better opportunity or team to work with everyday.

Cons

There are really no cons I can think of. The management team has high standards for us but I believe it is to get the best out of each of us.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the daily motivation!

"Great Management and Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at MGA Business Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn how to become a leader and how to be successful. The owner is very hands on when coaching and developing team members. He was also there to answer any questions I had at anytime; as well as help me achieve personal and professional goals and continues to do so on a weekly basis. I started off with little experience, but feel like I have grown and learned so much since I have been here. I am now successful at anything I do whether in my professional or personal life. Everyone at MGA is welcoming, encouraging, very fun, faced paced, and the atmosphere is highly energetic!

Cons

Hard work isn't a con because it takes a lot of hard work to be successful. You must want to work hard everyday!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!